Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2015, 01:33 AM

1,956 posts, read 3,634,548 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCresident2014 View Post
As much as what you write disgusts me, I agree with you. Countries like Hungary can put up the fence and have Europe's support since they know it will prevent illegals from getting to the rest of Europe and becoming the problem of France/Germany/UK. If America puts up a fence, it only helps America so the rest of the world gets to call us racist bigoted xenophobes without repercussion. Sad state of politics these days.
A fence would be a complete waste of money as long as there are employers in the U.S. willing to look the other way and hire illegal immigrants. Hungary built a 109 mile fence. The U.S.-Mexico border is almost 2,000 miles. Who is going to pay to build and maintain it? Do you know how easy it is to get through a fence that's not under constant surveillance? Even an electrified fence? People got through the Berlin wall which had armed guards ordered to shoot to kill watching 24-7. What makes you think an unguarded fence through the middle of the desert is going to be any kind of obstacle for anyone with an ounce of determination, some wire cutters and a shovel?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2015, 06:47 AM

5,167 posts, read 4,939,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesster View Post
.... Hungary built a 109 mile fence. The U.S.-Mexico border is almost 2,000 miles. Who is going to pay to build and maintain it? ...
I wonder how many miles of sound barrier has been built along the highways here in the U.S. over the past few years? We'll build barriers to keep out highway noise but not alien invaders.

Old 10-29-2015, 06:52 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,932,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland_Collector View Post
Congress has a full Republican majority and Congress is the entity that controls the purse strings. So, if it's so important and vital to national security, why don't they fund it?
My guess, the government wants them here. I think they saw the American voter becoming wiser than their parents and knew they were on the losing end. The governments answer, create NEW voters.

Old 10-29-2015, 07:12 AM

17,148 posts, read 15,350,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
And just how are you privy to what political party that they are a member of? Do you go around polling them?
Quote:
Nonsense! Many business owners are Democrats also. In fact many who hire illegal aliens are mom and pop type of businesses and they tend to be Democrats.
Good lord! They're my FRIENDS. I said people I KNOW. Not just random people I'm aware own businesses.

Old 10-29-2015, 08:24 AM

62,880 posts, read 29,114,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesster View Post
A fence would be a complete waste of money as long as there are employers in the U.S. willing to look the other way and hire illegal immigrants. Hungary built a 109 mile fence. The U.S.-Mexico border is almost 2,000 miles. Who is going to pay to build and maintain it? Do you know how easy it is to get through a fence that's not under constant surveillance? Even an electrified fence? People got through the Berlin wall which had armed guards ordered to shoot to kill watching 24-7. What makes you think an unguarded fence through the middle of the desert is going to be any kind of obstacle for anyone with an ounce of determination, some wire cutters and a shovel?
How are these illegal workers going to get in with a double-layered wall in place? There is no plan to build it along 2,000 miles of our southern border. The plan which was already approved by congress but not funded was for 700 miles along the most porous areas of the border. It can't be penetrated by ladders, shovels or wire cutters. The Border Patrol can handle the rest and yes we have tunnels sensors and a lot of other security measures we can implement also.

Where U.S.-Mexico border fence is tall, it works

I agree that along with that the employers need to be held accountable. That is where e-verify would come in. We need to remove all of the incentives for them to come here. The others would be benefits and birthright citizenship for their kids. All of these measures would cut illegal immigration back to a trickle.

Old 10-29-2015, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
Good lord! They're my FRIENDS. I said people I KNOW. Not just random people I'm aware own businesses.
So your friends hire illegal aliens? What are you doing to report them? Still, Democrats hire them just as much as Republicans do.

Old 10-29-2015, 09:52 AM

17,148 posts, read 15,350,560 times
Quote:
So your friends hire illegal aliens? What are you doing to report them? Still, Democrats hire them just as much as Republicans do.
Nothing to report them. They're doing dirty work that legal workers don't want to do, especially for such low pay.
A lot of this trench-digging and extreme labor under the hot Florida sun is done by FDOC prisoners if not taken care of by contracting companies.
These working illegals do me/us no harm, and actually help to stimulate the economy by putting this money back into the system via purchases to support their families.

Why would I report them? They're of no harm to me and my family.

Also, I never said Democrats don't do this as well. I'd be foolish to believe so. I just made a statement based off of my personal observations.

Old 10-29-2015, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
Nothing to report them. They're doing dirty work that legal workers don't want to do, especially for such low pay.
A lot of this trench-digging and extreme labor under the hot Florida sun is done by FDOC prisoners if not taken care of by contracting companies.
These working illegals do me/us no harm, and actually help to stimulate the economy by putting this money back into the system via purchases to support their families.

Why would I report them? They're of no harm to me and my family.

Also, I never said Democrats don't do this as well. I'd be foolish to believe so. I just made a statement based off of my personal observations.
Oh, so it's not against the law to hire illegal aliens? Do tell! The jobs you mentioned have always been done by Americans for a fair wage but your friends choose to break the law to save a buck instead? I think I would change friends if I were you. Illegals do us no harm? You might want to educate yourself on the fiscal burden they are to regular citizens to the tune of billions a year in tax dollars not to mention the loss of jobs for blue-collared Americans. Why report them? Aren't you a law abiding citizen? You wouldn't report any crimes committed by a citizen either? You and your family are paying through the nose for the social costs of these illegal aliens via higher taxes. People like you really make me ill. "Oh, if it doesn't affect me then that's all that matters so what if they are a harm to others". Really?

Old 10-29-2015, 03:58 PM

8,104 posts, read 6,747,285 times
Quote:
Oh, so it's not against the law to hire illegal aliens? Do tell! The jobs you mentioned have always been done by Americans for a fair wage but your friends choose to break the law to save a buck instead? I think I would change friends if I were you. Illegals do us no harm? You might want to educate yourself on the fiscal burden they are to regular citizens to the tune of billions a year in tax dollars not to mention the loss of jobs for blue-collared Americans. Why report them? Aren't you a law abiding citizen? You wouldn't report any crimes committed by a citizen either? You and your family are paying through the nose for the social costs of these illegal aliens via higher taxes. People like you really make me ill. "Oh, if it doesn't affect me then that's all that matters so what if they are a harm to others". Really?
Repped! And so true, don't understand why this goes over so many people's heads !

Old 10-29-2015, 04:08 PM

1,994 posts, read 1,518,987 times
The number of people who make excuses for criminal and illegal behavior is sickening.

Same people are the first to complain about anything resembling holding criminals accountable for their actions and hide them in sanctuary cities.

Sanctuary from what? The laws of the land.

Think about that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events