Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2015, 07:17 PM

23,493 posts, read 12,502,824 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Oh, so it's not against the law to hire illegal aliens? Do tell! The jobs you mentioned have always been done by Americans for a fair wage but your friends choose to break the law to save a buck instead? I think I would change friends if I were you. Illegals do us no harm? You might want to educate yourself on the fiscal burden they are to regular citizens to the tune of billions a year in tax dollars not to mention the loss of jobs for blue-collared Americans. Why report them? Aren't you a law abiding citizen? You wouldn't report any crimes committed by a citizen either? You and your family are paying through the nose for the social costs of these illegal aliens via higher taxes. People like you really make me ill. "Oh, if it doesn't affect me then that's all that matters so what if they are a harm to others". Really?

That's the problem, the people who aren't affected in the pocketbook don't give a crap about the citizens who are put out of work because of the illegals. If it's not personally happening to those people, who have their heads in the sand, then it's fine and dandy with them if illegals to take the jobs from the citizens of this country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2015, 07:30 AM

62,880 posts, read 29,114,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post

That's the problem, the people who aren't affected in the pocketbook don't give a crap about the citizens who are put out of work because of the illegals. If it's not personally happening to those people, who have their heads in the sand, then it's fine and dandy with them if illegals to take the jobs from the citizens of this country.
Except these people are too dumb to realize that it is affecting their pocketbooks in the form of higher taxes.

Old 10-30-2015, 11:45 AM

575 posts, read 615,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Year2525 View Post
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...562_story.html

More and more countries are putting up border fences and deploying police to enforce immigration policies.

In the US we have sanctuary cities where illegal immigrants kill our citizens.
Basically all large cities are sanctuary cities. Just means local law enforcement will not get involved in enforcing immigration laws.

Old 10-30-2015, 12:55 PM

2,993 posts, read 4,302,629 times
I know a few prominent farmers who grow tomatoes, strawberries, watermelons, etc. I have also worked on a few of these farms along side illegal immigrants. No american would be willing to do this work, guaranteed. You would have to pay the average american $15 an hour minimum before they would consider this type of work, and even then they wouldn't be half the worker these guys are. It would kill the farming industry overnight if all illegals were removed and everyone knows it. The farmers would be forced to move out of the country where the pay for the workers would be even lower. Or U.S. produce costs would sky rocket and no one would buy. This would also ripple down into manufacturing jobs for farm equipment, fertilizer, seeds, etc, the list goes on.

Illegal immigration is hear to stay. They aren't taking the good jobs, just the ones that no one wants or even can do. If you think illegals stole "Joe welfares" job you are sadly mistaken. To prove my point, I could get anyone physically abled a job picking tomatoes. They wouldn't last a week. PM me for details .

Farming is just one industry, one example. The powers that be know all about the illegal immigrants and won't do anything drastic like kicking them all out of the country. Most illegals are good people just trying to get buy like everyone else. If you lived in Central America getting paid a dollar a day, I'm sure your views would change. Just be glad you hit the citizenship jackpot (especially if your canandian ).

Illegal immigrants are only replacing menial labor jobs. They aren't taking any of the skilled jobs, even in the farming and construction industries. The worlds changing and it's up to you to be able to compete in a global marketplace and labor pool. Sad but true, especially in America. As technology rapidly improves, robotics and machines will make the "illegal immigrants stole my job" problem look like child's play.

Old 10-30-2015, 01:06 PM

6,228 posts, read 3,605,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.7traveler View Post
I know a few prominent farmers who grow tomatoes, strawberries, watermelons, etc. I have also worked on a few of these farms along side illegal immigrants. No american would be willing to do this work, guaranteed. You would have to pay the average american $15 an hour minimum before they would consider this type of work, and even then they wouldn't be half the worker these guys are. It would kill the farming industry overnight if all illegals were removed and everyone knows it. The farmers would be forced to move out of the country where the pay for the workers would be even lower. Or U.S. produce costs would sky rocket and no one would buy. This would also ripple down into manufacturing jobs for farm equipment, fertilizer, seeds, etc, the list goes on.

Illegal immigration is hear to stay. They aren't taking the good jobs, just the ones that no one wants or even can do. If you think illegals stole "Joe welfares" job you are sadly mistaken. To prove my point, I could get anyone physically abled a job picking tomatoes. They wouldn't last a week. PM me for details .

Farming is just one industry, one example. The powers that be know all about the illegal immigrants and won't do anything drastic like kicking them all out of the country. Most illegals are good people just trying to get buy like everyone else. If you lived in Central America getting paid a dollar a day, I'm sure your views would change. Just be glad you hit the citizenship jackpot (especially if your canandian ).

Illegal immigrants are only replacing menial labor jobs. They aren't taking any of the skilled jobs, even in the farming and construction industries. The worlds changing and it's up to you to be able to compete in a global marketplace and labor pool. Sad but true, especially in America. As technology rapidly improves, robotics and machines will make the "illegal immigrants stole my job" problem look like child's play.

Wrong. Construction is not a menial job--it is skilled and high paying. And many states offer in-state tuition for illegals in public college, so they are earning degrees. In California illegals can even obtain professional licenses to teach, practice law, practice medicine, etc. Also, Eisenhower deported over a million illegals so it CAN be done. Finally, only 2-3% of illegals are picking crops, and farmers get unlimited work visas for those; they don't need to hire illegals unless they want to be cheap and exploit people.

Old 10-30-2015, 02:28 PM

5,167 posts, read 4,940,856 times
Gee, just think. They may have to raise their wages to get people to work. Then we wouldn't have these debates about raising the minimum wage. Want to stay in business, pay your workers better. When the customers complain about prices going up, explain why.

Old 10-30-2015, 03:00 PM

42,839 posts, read 26,247,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikMal View Post
Gee, just think. They may have to raise their wages to get people to work. Then we wouldn't have these debates about raising the minimum wage. Want to stay in business, pay your workers better. When the customers complain about prices going up, explain why.
I completely agree, I've been saying that on C-D for a very long time now.

Old 10-30-2015, 05:41 PM

23,493 posts, read 12,502,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
Wrong. Construction is not a menial job--it is skilled and high paying. And many states offer in-state tuition for illegals in public college, so they are earning degrees. In California illegals can even obtain professional licenses to teach, practice law, practice medicine, etc. Also, Eisenhower deported over a million illegals so it CAN be done. Finally, only 2-3% of illegals are picking crops, and farmers get unlimited work visas for those; they don't need to hire illegals unless they want to be cheap and exploit people.

I know construction business owners and construction workers in several states. There is a lot of work going but many of the legal citizen workers are scrambling to find jobs and they can't find them because the illegals have taken them. My state, and it's cities, aren't sanctuary cities/state, yet the cities and state turns a blind eye to the complaints the citizen workers file regarding the illegals taking the jobs, even when some of the jobs the illegals are working on are in city or state buildings.

Old 10-30-2015, 06:13 PM

62,880 posts, read 29,114,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.7traveler View Post

There is no reason for Americans to pick crops for a living. It's not a career job. That's why we have the unlimited H-2A visas for legal, foreign crop pickers. Some or many of the growers know they can increase their profits by hiring illegal aliens instead. It would not kill these growers/farmers to use them instead of illegal aliens? Really? What nonsense that our produce would skyrocket. The growers pass little to nothing on to the consumer in the way of savings now. They just pocket the profits themselves and pass their social costs onto we the taxpayer.

So illegals aren't taking good jobs like construction, commercial landscaping and other blue-collared jobs that used to pay a liveable wage? Are you joking? Illegals are good people? First, they had no respect for our immigration laws and no conscience about stealing a job from an American. Many of them commit ID theft to work here or work under the table evading taxes. You call that good people? Americans have families to feed also and this is their country not the illegal invaders.

Oh, it's up to Americans to roll over and give their blue-collared jobs to illegal aliens and train for something they don't like to do? Really? Global marketplace doesn't include violating a country's immigration laws! Why are you so anti-American?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events