Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2015, 06:32 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,020,248 times

Advertisements

I found a segment on the morning news warning about what NOT to do on halloween funny/interesting.
1. It is a crime to buy,sell, possess or use Silly String on Halloween in Hollywood CA.
2. It is a crime to wear a mask in Walnut Creek CA
3.Students at Midwestern Univ. there is a hotline that students call to see if their costume could be "offensive" and cause expulsion if they wear it.

In Canada it is a crime to pretend to to be a witch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2015, 06:36 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,509,263 times
Colleges have costume consultants to advise students if their costume is culturally insensitive

College posts contact info of 5 officials standing by to tell students if their costume's offensive - The College Fix
Think your Halloween costume might be culturally insensitive?

If you’re a student at State University of New York at Geneseo, all you’d have to do is email or call the no less than FIVE campus officials whose phone numbers and email addresses have been hung around campus on posters titled “Halloween checklist: Is Your Costume Offensive? Check yourself and check your friends.”

Old 10-31-2015, 10:32 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,903,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
I found a segment on the morning news warning about what NOT to do on halloween funny/interesting.
1. It is a crime to buy,sell, possess or use Silly String on Halloween in Hollywood CA.
2. It is a crime to wear a mask in Walnut Creek CA
3.Students at Midwestern Univ. there is a hotline that students call to see if their costume could be "offensive" and cause expulsion if they wear it.

In Canada it is a crime to pretend to to be a witch.

Is it legal if you really ARE a witch??

Old 10-31-2015, 10:34 AM

12,883 posts, read 13,994,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Colleges have costume consultants to advise students if their costume is culturally insensitive

College posts contact info of 5 officials standing by to tell students if their costume's offensive - The College Fix
Think your Halloween costume might be culturally insensitive?

If you’re a student at State University of New York at Geneseo, all you’d have to do is email or call the no less than FIVE campus officials whose phone numbers and email addresses have been hung around campus on posters titled “Halloween checklist: Is Your Costume Offensive? Check yourself and check your friends.”
Unbelievable.

Old 10-31-2015, 10:37 AM

2,526 posts, read 1,594,864 times
In my opinion, it is a crime to give Hallowe'en treats that are substandard, i.e., containing no significant amount of CHOCOLATE ...

Old 10-31-2015, 11:13 AM

589 posts, read 696,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teilhard View Post
In my opinion, it is a crime to give Hallowe'en treats that are substandard, i.e., containing no significant amount of CHOCOLATE ...
Candied broccoli is better for your teeth, whippersnapper!

Old 11-01-2015, 06:28 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,020,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teilhard View Post
Well, that knocks out most U.S. candy then... Love,love,love the chocolate candies from the U.K., what a taste difference when they actually use the proper amount of cocoa!

Old 11-01-2015, 07:24 AM

2,526 posts, read 1,594,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Well, that knocks out most U.S. candy then... Love,love,love the chocolate candies from the U.K., what a taste difference when they actually use the proper amount of cocoa!
In general, European chocolates are better than the weak waxy stuff made in the USA ...

Old 11-01-2015, 08:32 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,944,294 times
I'm not too picky when it comes to good ol' American M and Ms, Reeses, or Snickers. I make my grandkids give me a few of those from their goody bags every Halloween!

I was disappointed that none of them scored any Pixie Sticks this year though.

Old 11-01-2015, 08:49 AM

15,971 posts, read 9,388,267 times
Get tot the store today. All the halloween candy is on sale.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events