Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2015, 10:10 PM

369 posts, read 374,608 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
So basically, women are manipulative liars and men are the real victims?

Yeah, some men don't fit the standards of what many westernized women find to be attractive. Why would that be their faults? I understand that emotions are a part of what it means to be human, but I think for some people when it comes to issues such as this, their emotions overcome their logic or, at least, what should be their logic.

P.S.
I think or, at least, would like to think that most men have sense enough to not advocate sex trafficking or any such thing like that, but probably don't see it as a big deal if a woman actually chooses to do that for whatever reason.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2015, 02:05 AM

947 posts, read 1,186,705 times
LOL! Awesome idea.

Old 11-15-2015, 03:00 AM

1,371 posts, read 1,932,439 times
Some of the guys I know would be proud to see their face on that billboard, yes they would actually be smiling and giving the camera a thumbs up, we live in a screwed up world........

Old 11-15-2015, 04:46 AM

6,822 posts, read 6,633,481 times
I agree with the individual in the article that says this is excessive. I'm also in agreement that government has no business in a woman's business to sell her body if she wants to or a man that wants to pay for a sexual favor.

It should continue to be illegal for pimps to own women. That is obviously crossing the line and proven to be dangerous for women.

If they regulated this industry, women would not be putting themselves in harms way so often.

How does society really benefit from throwing some woman selling sexual acts into jail and putting the man's face on a billboard?

I'm all for opening up legal spas where women can service men or vis versa if needed in a regulated but controlled environment where people practice infection control.

Old 11-15-2015, 05:50 AM

4,287 posts, read 8,029,031 times
There are plenty of self-regulating forum websites that review the services of ADULT
prostitutes, so potential johns can minimize the risk of arrest by solely perusing these trusted and verified sites instead of going out to random who-knows-who for their sexual needs.

And they DO have a moral compass: if they suspect human trafficking and say it on the forum, sometimes someone leaves a tip to a police hotline. And if anyone seems to be looking for underage sex, they are ostracized.

Payment for sex really should be legalized and regulated.

Old 11-15-2015, 09:20 AM

8,674 posts, read 22,913,903 times
Shaming is not the answer. If you seek to stop a certain crimes, increase the penalties. Shaming is a moral imposition on the community - today's equivalent of the scarlet letter. When we punish via a shame, we are no longer punishing, but judging another person. And while I may not be a Christian pillar, but I do acknowledge the vast ideology in the Bible; ideaology shared by practically every region known to man. And, I do know at least half a dozen Bible verses about judging someone else. Peer reviewed empiracal data not required. An aptly timed quote of Jon Ronson (look him up cupper 3) "the problem of public shaming goes beyond meanness. In its worst manifestations, shaming is a weapon wielded by volunteer morality gatekeepers to, as Julian Hawthorne put it, 'trample you down.'"

Old 11-15-2015, 09:34 AM

56 posts, read 41,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlowerPower00 View Post
That is GREAT! Now women in the area will know which guys are a high risk for a disease and can avoid them accordingly. I'll give it two months before there is a preacher up there, too.

Old 11-16-2015, 08:35 AM

369 posts, read 374,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
There are plenty of self-regulating forum websites that review the services of ADULT
prostitutes, so potential johns can minimize the risk of arrest by solely perusing these trusted and verified sites instead of going out to random who-knows-who for their sexual needs.

And they DO have a moral compass: if they suspect human trafficking and say it on the forum, sometimes someone leaves a tip to a police hotline. And if anyone seems to be looking for underage sex, they are ostracized.

Payment for sex really should be legalized and regulated.

Oh.... which websites?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacey View Post
That is GREAT! Now women in the area will know which guys are a high risk for a disease and can avoid them accordingly. I'll give it two months before there is a preacher up there, too.
Whatever. Rather, women will know which guys are too "pathetic" to go through hell and high water to find an attractive woman without having to go that route.

Old 11-16-2015, 12:02 PM

15,071 posts, read 10,096,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Lucas View Post
Oh.... which websites?
Depends on area. Certain sources are more popular in certain areas than others. Not too hard to find if you search. Some of them rely on newsgroups.

The population that participates are just like any general population; good bad and ugly. They are often used to distribute alerts; look out for someone missing or in trouble or the dangerous. Sometimes, the customers are subjected to being mugged and sometimes the girls are threatened. Both type of incidents people report on various sites. One of the groups that I monitor is asking those of us to keep an eye out for a girl working gogo clubs; she's off her meds and hasn't checked in a while. A few years ago, a bunch of us (including me) donated a large sum of money to one of the working girls that came down with cancer; unfortunately she didn't survive but the money went to her daughter; its not like they have good medical health coverage. So yeh.. you see good stuff and unfortunately bad stuff get discussed.

One way to find them is to search backwards. Find the phone number of a reputable agency operating in the area and search on the phone number. Sometimes, you'll get hits on reviews and people discussing their experience dealing with said agency.

I encourage people to report anything underage or human trafficking related... not only to the web sites but to the police.

Last edited by usayit; 11-16-2015 at 12:10 PM..

Old 11-16-2015, 12:07 PM

1,175 posts, read 1,285,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
Or a dead girl or live boy

Lots of guys go to prostitutes to get stuff their wifes, GF or partners wont or don't do. Some guys just don't want a SO or the baggage that comes with a SO but still have needs.
Hehe... reminds me of a friend who went to Vegas to get BJ and some greek as his wife doesn't do it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events