Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2015, 03:04 PM

9,690 posts, read 10,020,758 times

Advertisements

Cop murdered the man , as His hands where cold in the snow , not a very good cop
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2015, 03:15 PM

16,603 posts, read 8,615,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
Should be fairly easy to fact check this. How old is Affirmative Action? 50 years old? I'm on it...
Well don't be deceived by that name alone, as the same hiring policies and special treatment come in other names as well. "Diversity goals' and "consent decrees" are also code for hiring minorities and women with lesser qualifications or the lowering of standards for them to be able to get hired in numbers that still meet "quotas". It is just that quotas once ruled against, remained with other colorful names such as the aforementioned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidv View Post
Please elaborate about what constitutes lesser
qualifications.
I know you asked this question of someone else, but I will be happy to answer. There use to be minimum height/weight requirements for you to be a cop or firefighter. These were not ridicules standards as you might imagine like 6-2 and above, or 200lbs and above. Instead it was probably arbitrary figures to make sure that no people without leverage or 100lbs weaklings were hired.
Now that goes way back in the day, and eventually they went to standards of passing physical exams commensurate with the type of challenges one might face on the job. I and most others were ok with that as it is not only shear size that makes a good cop of fireman (though it does not hurt either).
So for a firefighter exam, here are a few examples:

1)Departments had axe stations to where you would take a standard issue firefighters axe and must chop through a door within a prescribed period of time.

2)The same with a charged hose pull to where the applicant must dragged a charged hose forward toward the target and get a certain distance while keeping the stream on target.

3)There were also dummy carries in simulated high rise rescues where an applicant must be in full gear with SCBA tank and mask, perform a firemen's carry on the shoulder, and carry the dummy down a few flights of stairs.

Needless to say those were all reasonable examples of what a potential firefighter might have to do in the course of their duties, to protect the public and their fellow firefighters. The only trouble was that most women could not do those functions within the prescribed periods of time, if at all.
But when affirmative action hiring quotas came along, it didn't matter that most women could not pass the exam, departments were forced to hire the women anyway. Needless to say if the guys failed any of the aforementioned, they were washed out. But not the women, because they needed X amount of them.

So gender trumped substance. The average idiot out there who might like the idea of affirmative action hiring had no clue that they might be having an physically incompetent crew coming to their neighborhoods as a result.

As to women applicants to be cops, there are all sorts of similar examples where they physically were not going to be able to restrain a man, much less cuff them. However good old AA or whatever else they stated to call it after AA was discredited and quotas made "illegal" took even more bizarre turns.

For example, with proper training many women can learn how to shoot a gun properly enough to qualify at the range. Yet departments were under immense pressure to hire women, they allowed women to pass even if they were incompetent at the range. Of course if a man didn't pass, they were washed out.
In one of the most bizarre examples, they had a woman with tiny hands that were so small, she could not hold a Lady S&W in her hand and have her finger reach the trigger. The range master called his superior and said he knew they wanted all the women to pass the course, even if they were not accurate enough. But he could pass this one because she couldn't even pull the trigger. His boss said pass her no matter what. So in an effort to at least have her discharge the gun, they had her hold the handle with one hand, and pull the trigger with the finger of her other hand.
As you might imagine, that could result in all sorts of people being shot, even standing next to her if she ever needed to use her firearm. Yet they passed her. So somewhere in Miami-Dade county, there is at least one tiny woman cop who cannot even pull the trigger of her gun with her shooting hand.

These issues do not even cover promotions to where it was not enough to just hire women, but they needed to be promoted at an accelerated rate. So if you had to put in X amount of years to apply for Sgt/Lt, etc., those requirements were thrown out the window, and women were promoted to those ranking officer positions ahead of men who were not even allowed to take the tests because they hadn't put in enough time yet.
In some cases women & minorities were allowed to skip promotions and so from Sgt. to Capt or Lt to Major.
This very scenario that was occurring in departments around the country and was portrayed in the movie Dirty Harry, in this scene;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwasA4gBi2I

Heck some departments took cops dumb as dirt with no common or street sense and allowed them to become Homicide detectives just to fill promotion quotas

I could go on and on, but AA and it's other metastasized programs has served to allow all sorts of lesser qualified if not downright unqualified women (and minorities) to get hired instead of better candidates for those jobs.
Not everyone is cut out to be a cop or firefighter, but social engineering and the liberal fools who promote it do not give a flip about that.

Quote:
I watched a video of people being arrested in Austin for jaywalking. JAYWALKING.
Laws exist for a reason. Go to Honolulu and try jaywalking near Waikiki and see what happens. The cops are instructed to issue everyone a ticket, no exceptions. Know why?
Because there was an epidemic of pedestrians (local & tourists) being hit and even killed. But lets not kid ourselves. The people the other poster was talking about being hired with criminal records were not simple jaywalkers. In some cases they were felons with violent pasts. That's right, it was A Clockwork Orange coming to life for real. Don't believe it?
Look up the "Miami River Cops" as but one example of departments so desperate to hire X amount of a particular minority, they were taking anyone just because of their race or gender.

`

Old 11-09-2015, 04:01 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,933,875 times
Vector, there are enough incompetent, dirty, or otherwise unfit male local and state police to fill several NFL statidums. Whatever is your point? No gender has a lock on bigoted and reactionary behavior.

Old 11-09-2015, 04:15 PM

5,443 posts, read 4,680,255 times
Lock up this pig and throw away the keys.

Old 11-09-2015, 04:53 PM

78,432 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
So did O.J.

Acquitted, ok. Has a job out in the field waiting for her? God no! She needs a desk job. None of us need a hysterical police officer running around town.
I'm fairly confident that no one will hire her after this action nor would I want her policing my city.

Yes, OJ was also found not-guilty. Neither were found "innocent".

As in the OJ case I'm sure there will be a civil suit that comes with a lower burden of proof.

Old 11-09-2015, 05:27 PM

1,904 posts, read 1,045,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blanker View Post
I can't understand why people run from cops. It never works.
Ehh....you don't understand that when people are Drunk and High...they do stupid things?

Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood55 View Post
That gun is not for decoration. So, if a policeman pulls you over, you should think twice before running away. Is this just common sense or have a suddenly become a genius?
You don't have to worry about Any confusion--- We Figured it out...you're not a Genius...

WHAT'S really disturbing is that she thinks..."...i've done nothing wrong! The DA has the nerve to charge me with Murder???"

Old 11-09-2015, 06:03 PM

16,603 posts, read 8,615,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
Vector, there are enough incompetent, dirty, or otherwise unfit male local and state police to fill several NFL statidums. Whatever is your point? No gender has a lock on bigoted and reactionary behavior.
Well either you did not pay close enough attention to my point, or you do not want to see the ugly underbelly of race & gender based set asides.
As affirmative action hiring and promotions have evolved, departments were subject to reverse discrimination lawsuits.
So rather than holding the line of emotional, psychological, physical and background standards, many lowered the bar for everyone. So now as a result of those lowered standards, plenty of less qualified and in some cases incompetent white males can now get hired as well.
There are still set asides for women & minorities, but the overall lowering of standards effects us all with departments hiring much less suited people for the job, regardless of their gender or race.

`

Old 11-09-2015, 08:19 PM

1,834 posts, read 2,696,194 times
We like to think of officers as professionals well trained but for many and in many departments that is a myth due to cost. Beware.

Old 11-09-2015, 09:34 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,229,051 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDHJ...=youtu.be&t=3m

Old 11-09-2015, 09:37 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,642,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I'm fairly confident that no one will hire her after this action nor would I want her policing my city.

Yes, OJ was also found not-guilty. Neither were found "innocent".

As in the OJ case I'm sure there will be a civil suit that comes with a lower burden of proof.
She has her job back. That's the issue.

She isn't pounding the pavement looking for another police job.

She has her job. That is what is disturbing.

This woman has no business being a cop.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events