Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2015, 09:47 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,356,551 times

Advertisements

Liberal illegal immigrant pushes patriotic American, anti-union teacher down bleachers made of magma and knives while laughing and shouting "Allahu Akbar!"

Thanks Obummer!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2015, 10:42 AM

50,783 posts, read 36,486,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
In my time the teacher would have backhanded the kid to the floor, dragged to the principal's office for a paddling, parents called, and a beating by the parents. You dish out this kind of punishment in the early years, you don't see them repeat the same mistake again.
This is the problem though. This is generations of kids growing up in the midst of mind-blowing violence, they see it and live with it on a daily basis, that is all they know...thus they become violent themselves. I don't know how to break the cycle, but reacting with more violence certainly is not the way. A kid that messed up is most likely abused herself at home, where else would a 6 year old even hear a thing like that, let alone know you can kill a baby by punching the mommy's tummy? Maybe she saw it happen to her own mom, her older sister, who knows.

Stuff like this is not entitled spoiled kids who need a whipping, this is generations of abuse, fear and violence creating generations of kids who have their own kids and continue the cycle. Again I do not know what the answers are, but to think you could punish a kid this messed up into not being messed up is a little bizarre.

Old 11-15-2015, 10:44 AM

17,620 posts, read 17,665,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
This is the problem though. This is generations of kids growing up in the midst of mind-blowing violence, they see it and live with it on a daily basis, that is all they know...thus they become violent themselves. I don't know how to break the cycle, but reacting with more violence certainly is not the way.
Then acting like an easy victim is your answer. They don't respect you if you're not willing to defend yourself. At that point, they run the class and you're their punching bag.

Old 11-15-2015, 11:10 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
Then acting like an easy victim is your answer. They don't respect you if you're not willing to defend yourself. At that point, they run the class and you're their punching bag.
It has nothing to do with "willing". Teachers are NOT ALLOWED to touch students.

I asked a student one time to sit down and be quiet.
He came up to my desk and yelled "F* you b*tch".

Had the asst. principal come down to the classroom to remove him.
He was back within 20 minutes gloating at me.

No detention, no writeup, no punishment whatsoever.
Instead..he got "counseling".

Old 11-15-2015, 11:39 AM

17,620 posts, read 17,665,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
It has nothing to do with "willing". Teachers are NOT ALLOWED to touch students.

Instead..he got "counseling".
I'd rather be fired or judged by 12 than carried by 6.

Old 11-15-2015, 03:46 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,157,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post

Instead..he got "counseling"
The newest thing around here is having them eat lunch with a counselor or "their" administrator to discuss what is troubling them but other than that they are going about their regular day. The counseling is a good idea - but only if it is after they return from in-school suspension or the like. I've seen the kids tell teachers that they are going to tell "their" administrator that the teacher is "not respecting" them and sneering at them that they (the teacher) was going to get in trouble. Saddest part? The teacher was the one who got in trouble.

I would love those DOJ idiots to have to sub/teach in one of those inner-city schools for a couple of weeks. Then we'll see how they feel about those suspension rates.

Old 11-15-2015, 05:29 PM

563 posts, read 524,202 times
Spare the rod and spoil the child. Yep, I said that. It is just the way it is. Figure it out already. One day little Johnny may meet someone that won't put up with antics like you do and the cards will fall where they may. What will you say then? You were a great parent?

Old 11-15-2015, 05:37 PM

8,943 posts, read 11,784,322 times
We might need officer Slam for punks like these after all.

Old 11-15-2015, 09:24 PM
eok

6,684 posts, read 4,251,442 times
Children who need to learn better behavior should be sent to a special school for that purpose. Then go back to the regular school when they graduate from the behavior program. If they misbehave again, they should be sent to a more severe behavior program, for students who have a lot of trouble learning to behave well. There should be constant video recordings of everything, to never have any disputes about what kind of behavior happened. A special behavior program should be the immediate consequence of the very first misbehavior, starting that same day.

No violence is needed. Sometimes confinement, to give them time to cool down. The teachers at the behavior programs should be very strict. Their main goal should be good behavior of the students. Then, when they behave well enough to go back to school, they can continue their academic education. Each class in the behavior program could have some bouncer types to put out-of-control kids in confinement to give them time to cool down. All the teachers in the behavior programs should be drill sergeant types. Telling the kids to do a certain number of push ups or whatever, for each infraction. And the kids who disobey such orders, should get immediate confinement, for a length of time that would vary according to the severity and frequency of the problems.

Old 11-16-2015, 07:24 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,157,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood55 View Post
Spare the rod and spoil the child. Yep, I said that. It is just the way it is. Figure it out already. One day little Johnny may meet someone that won't put up with antics like you do and the cards will fall where they may. What will you say then? You were a great parent?
No, you'll say "He was just a really great kid, on his way to college. Just a big teddy bear. No way he broke the law, and why should he stop just because the cop said to. That policeman shot him (tazered him) for no reason." Then there will be rioting in the streets, maybe even a few hard working, truly law abiding citizens will have their businesses looted and destroyed in his honor. But, there is a chance that you will be burying your child or visiting them in jail, all because you didn't bother to discipline them when they were young enough for it to matter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events