Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2015, 07:34 PM

4,366 posts, read 4,580,574 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
And may not even get that. Don't forget the DOJ letters that went out to schools over the summer about too many suspensions for minority students. That's discrimination.

They need to stop spouting the politically correct nonsense. I think that if any of the great Civil Rights leaders were alive today, they would be appalled at what this nation has called "discrimination" and rightfully demand that the youth start taking responsibility for the freedoms their parents and grandparents bought. Maybe it's time we adults staged our own "freedom rallies" and "boycotts" and stood up and took back our rights from these mindless politicians?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2015, 08:00 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,841,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy
Some youngsters these days, should be a felony.
Ya should be!!!!

Poor teacher

Old 11-14-2015, 08:12 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,428,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
The article mentions the accused student might get a suspension for the rest of the school year.

A "suspension"???

I suggest an entire year in a juvenile detention facility and permanently restricted from ever entering that school again.

Not "might". Will be expelled. It also mentions possible felony charges. A Juvie hearing is scheduled for Monday.

Old 11-14-2015, 08:26 PM

10,349 posts, read 13,943,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post

http://6abc.com/news/da-allentown-st...chers/1083346/
I hope the teacher sues that little ***** and her family for all they're worth and if the school board doesn't expel her ass sue them too. I don't normally agree with suing but it's justified here.

Old 11-14-2015, 08:33 PM

848 posts, read 1,953,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoEagle View Post
I hope the teacher sues that little ***** and her family for all they're worth and if the school board doesn't expel her ass sue them too. I don't normally agree with suing but it's justified here.
According to local news she plans on suing multiple students and the school district.

"Matzo said he and his wife will be seeking criminal charges against several students and taking legal action against the district."

It seems as though this poor teacher was battered by several students after she was down. This school sounds like a zoo!
Dieruff student pushed teacher down bleachers, letter to school board says - The Morning Call

Old 11-14-2015, 09:13 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
What??!

You think liberals support school violence? Really?

You got us. We do. At the last commie islamofascist abortion Hillary Clinton meeting, I totally signed a petition in favor of school violence.
Well who else would support post #8......Liberals are making rules that are leaving kids thinking they are on the same level as adults.

Kids use to not be able to do this kind of stuff in school.......Liberals have softened their ways on kids and now it's showing up every where.

From the same school........http://www.mcall.com/news/breaking/m...029-story.html

When things like this are happening mostly in schools and colleges being ran by Liberals, kind of hard to blame others not involved. Liberals are doing nothing to stop the violence, most students are given excuses, nothing about responsibility for ones actions. People are being given a victim card.

Last edited by wildflower82; 11-14-2015 at 09:27 PM..

Old 11-14-2015, 09:24 PM

16,597 posts, read 8,610,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
The article mentions the accused student might get a suspension for the rest of the school year.

A "suspension"???

I suggest an entire year in a juvenile detention facility and permanently restricted from ever entering that school again.
Reminds me of a Watters World segment about how lax some school systems are with protecting the faculty.
Normally his segments can be light hearted and funny, but to listen to the liberal fools running the school system and how out of touch with reality they are (at 2:45 and the 3:55 mark for example).

Watters' World: Troubled school edition | On Air Videos | Fox News

As the woman said before that, "in the old days you didn't dare look at a teacher crooked" much less think of raising your hand or touching a teacher.

`

Old 11-14-2015, 09:40 PM

16,597 posts, read 8,610,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
What??!

You think liberals support school violence? Really?

You got us. We do. At the last commie islamofascist abortion Hillary Clinton meeting, I totally signed a petition in favor of school violence.
Watch the video I posted in #17 and listen to the school spokesman, and tell me whether you think he is a liberal or conservative?
This whole new absurd "restorative justice" movement is certainly the brainchild of the left, not the right. The same with Obama's "race based school discipline system" which most teachers and school administrators oppose.
Again a product of the progressive leftists, not the conservative right.

Or do you disagree?

Old 11-15-2015, 01:29 AM

828 posts, read 908,203 times
That is disgusting. This makes me so angry. What is wrong with kids these days? I never heard of anything like this before this stupid generation.

Old 11-15-2015, 02:50 AM

4,366 posts, read 4,580,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post

http://6abc.com/news/da-allentown-st...chers/1083346/

I'm normally not a conspiracy theorist, but doesn't this sound like a great way to weaken the United States? Give children the same rights as adults yet none of the accountability. Feed them mindless drivel that makes them think they know everything. Glorify violence and make it seem "cool" to hurt authority figures. Then, label the kids as "disturbed" but instead of treating them or locking them away, give them virtually a free pass to do whatever they want in the schools and society. Make them the responsibility of ill-equipped educators and their parents and blame and punish them for their children's misdeeds.

At the same time, strap the teachers with extra accountability. Make them afraid to even touch or look at a student the wrong way due to possible legal repercussions, rumors, and career-ending shame. Is the teacher being friendly and playful with his or her students? That teacher must be a pedophile! Raise the bar and the standards on the teacher's end only not the student's. At the same time, don't give the teachers what they need to be successful in the classroom. In the colleges, replace tried and true teacher education methods with mindless touchy feely theories. Claim that teachers need to explore and be creative with even the basics. Make the actual act of teaching much more difficult than it should be by not giving Education students the right basic tools; don't teach them how to grade papers, make sense of the curriculum, or make effective lessons, for example. Instead, focus on "responsive teaching" and "multiculturalism." Drill that into them ad-nauseum. Demonize effective classroom management practices as "too harsh" and criticize veteran teachers as being "old-fashioned lemons who really don't care about the students and aren't worth learning from." Save student teaching until the very last years of the teacher's education, and then make it a song-and-dance routine of entertaining the kids while the seasoned teacher pulls his or her hair out. Create an animosity between the young and old, and give the young teachers a false sense of confidence.

Further, put pressure on principals to keep parents, students, and other lay members of the community happy. Institute strict evaluation measures on schools that affect their funding if certain arbitrary standards aren't met, and cripple classrooms and thwart any attempts to actually succeed by lumping all students into the same classroom, regardless of ability, in favor of "inclusion." Now, the teacher is tasked with educating special education students whose reading levels may be far below grade level, "emotionally disturbed" and angry students who may fly off of the handle for no reason, English Language Learners who may only know a few words of English, and regular students who just want a good education! The fight for funding will become increasingly fierce in this challenging environment. Blaming, rumors, and backstabbing may begin so that the schools can hold on to the few resources they have. The necessary cooperative atmosphere will be lost as teachers compete with one another not to be on the chopping block. Since NCLB, this is already happening.

I'll say it again. I think we educators need to take back our authority as professionals. We need to be making the rules and calling the shots. We are not, and should not be considered, overpaid "unprofessional" people who mindlessly take orders from higher-ups. Ideally, we need to look at the kids' situation and do what's best for them as adults, even if it means giving up our mediocre paying high-stress jobs that most of us probably rightfully depend on, and taking on other projects. We really need to get serious and stop the government from taking control of this vein of society. Imagine a generation of adults who are as disrespectful, hateful, petty, and worthless to society as these "students." Would you want some of these abusive "students" taking care of you if you got sick? Would you trust these illiterate abusive "students" to fix your car or help you do your taxes? Would you want these sick "students" to vote and elect the next president? I think not. I think we better stop a bad problem before it gets far worse.

Last edited by krmb; 11-15-2015 at 03:20 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events