Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2015, 09:21 AM

2,282 posts, read 1,582,253 times

Advertisements

Gov. Daniel Malloy of Conneticut just made some great points why Syrian refugees should be allowed.

- 9/11 terrorists were from Saudi Arabia, we still allow Saudis.
- The Paris attacks were mostly French and Belgian nationals and we still accept them
- Since 2011, only 21,000 Syrians went through refugee process., of those only 10k made 2nd step, of that only 1,000 made it through to U.S.

Pretty compelling argument if it's true. I am an equal opportunity listener but I know politicians are also liars and good salesman who could sell a Ford Pinto or GMC Gremlin to a Nascar fan.

Last edited by frankrj; 11-18-2015 at 09:41 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2015, 10:02 AM

2,362 posts, read 1,923,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
Obama has claimed he was a christian, so he would have to take them in. If Obama was an atheist, he could refuse them. If you want what you are proclaiming, you need to vote in an atheist. A christian would be a hypocrite if they said no. Really simple.
Obama is neither Christian or atheist
He is muslim

Old 11-18-2015, 10:12 AM

321 posts, read 419,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky2balive View Post
He is muslim
lol wat

Old 11-18-2015, 10:19 AM

16,569 posts, read 15,266,208 times
In case you wondered what the “rigorous” screening process the White House is talking about is, read this:

"For example, if a family said they do not have documents because a bomb fell on their house, the fraud-detection team would investigate whether a bomb really did fall at the address and on the date they provided”

The same people who routinely miss people who post videos on the internet while dragging bodies behind them now claim they know which bomb fell on which house and which date.

https://www.yahoo.com/politics/obama...212248421.html

Old 11-18-2015, 10:23 AM

15,501 posts, read 17,072,334 times
Quote:
He is muslim
A Muslim who eats pork, drinks alcholic beverages, does not do the 5 daily obligatory prayers, attends a Christian church and does not fast during Ramadan.

Any one of which if a Muslim does for any reason would be enough to have him considered an apostate

An ISIS member, coming in contact with him, would kill him immediately for those reasons if they even suspected he might have been a Muslim.

Old 11-18-2015, 10:26 AM

35,688 posts, read 21,042,380 times
Quote:

He is muslim

and you know this because?

Old 11-18-2015, 10:52 AM

16,569 posts, read 15,266,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
After 911 I was getting my hair cut in a salon owned by a Syrian Christian woman. I never heard people express hatred toward Muslims like she and her family and friends there did that day.
You are speaking after the fact. There are millions of Muslims who recoil at this stuff and don’t even believe in Islam much, but we don’t know that. You have to assume the worst until the reverse is proven. Look at the mass of people getting off those huge ferries. ISIS has promised to embed their agents in them. After Paris and today in Turkey do you still doubt them? Can you afford to?

Old 11-18-2015, 11:21 AM

2,282 posts, read 1,582,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
After 911 I was getting my hair cut in a salon owned by a Syrian Christian woman. I never heard people express hatred toward Muslims like she and her family and friends there did that day.
This is always someone's downfall. They believe things they hear from absolute strangers. Once you left the salon there is not even a 1% chance that they were faking it? What you heard was 100% true.
Many foreigners rely on this to trick gullible, naive, and compassionate Americans.

I can get some video of what Hillary, Obama, both Bushes, and Clinton said in the past too yet they ALL did an about-face.
Are foreigners just more trustworthy?

Old 11-18-2015, 11:25 AM

203 posts, read 321,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
I am not sure what it takes to wake up the Obama administration. They are hell bent on bringing in 65,000 “refugees”, 10,000 of which are already in New Orleans. This is how insane the law is right now. Someone can show up at the Southern border and show a Syrian passport and claim refugee status. Border patrol is obliged to let him and in and start processing him. Isn’t there anybody in Congress, any governor, state legislature or anybody who can suspend this process until we can figure out what is going on?

It is interesting that the same people who claim we don’t have money to deport people on buses, manage to fly in 65,000 people practically overnight. 65,000 airline tickets? Who bought them? Who paid for them? How come nobody saw them at the airport?
HappyRider... to 'try' and ease your fears, I think you should consider 3 things:

First, we live in a modern 'surveillance state' and it is going to be like that for the foreseeable future regardless of what Edward Snowden and those like him in the future "leak" to the press - lol. We are all being watched... every key stroke, every google search, every cell phone call. Unless you are in a cave with fire, a paperback book and leaves for toilet paper -- you can count on being tracked by the NSA and whomever else. This is being done to all Americans... and you better believe those of us of Middle Eastern origin are getting extra special attention. Though it can still happen, the chances of a "terrorist attack" by a middle eastern extremist is very slim in this country. Besides, if you got rid of every person of middle eastern decent or every Muslim, there would still be "sympathizers" to ISIS' cause (white people, black people, hispanic/latino... there has already been this).

Second, if you've been following the refugee crisis via reputable news sources (Main Stream Cable News is not one of them), then you started hearing a trend of how people were getting out of Syria: U.S. Cash and lots of it. The U.S. dollar is worth way more than the Syrian pound. The folks fleeing were paying $3k - $5k per head to smuggle themselves and their families out of Syria and into Europe. Who in Syria has that kind of cash? Mostly your upper middle class (business owners, professionals, lawyers, doctors, etc.). Most of these people just want to get out of hell, have a nice place to come home to, go to work and raise their children. Not to mention, the U.S. is going to vet them extensively (there are ways to track many of these folks back to through their past... passports, employment history, school history, etc.). It will be a daunting process, but no one wants to let people into the U.S. to harm us... no one in the government wants that.

Finally, there are a little over 1.6 billion Muslims in the world. If even a quarter of them were sympathetic to ISIS, Al Qaeda, the Taliban, etc. we would all be in a real boat load of trouble. We'd have war in the streets of the US and suicide bombers all over the place on "main street". We don't have that and never have. Even where there are large populations of Middle Eastern folks in the U.S. or large Muslim American populations we don't have that. Not even close.

You are never going to be able to get rid of all terrorism. Dylan Roof was a terrorist, Adam Lanza was a terrorist, the guy who shot Gabbey Giffords (can't remember his name) was a terrorist, James Holmes was a terrorist... You will never be able to get rid of everyone who wants to harm as many people as they possibly can. The only thing you can do is educate yourself, make reasonable and intelligent choices and be loving and kind to all you meet so if someone is on the edge, they may think twice because a kind soul gently stepped into their space.

We can make intelligent choices in how we handle the Syrian refugees so that everyone is as reasonably safe as they can be.

Last edited by chrissy_rox2; 11-18-2015 at 11:34 AM..

Old 11-18-2015, 11:36 AM

5,444 posts, read 6,990,459 times
Quote:
He is muslim
I also heard he likes to eat aborted fetuses in his spare time. Oh, and I think I read somewhere that he runs and underground dog fighting ring, except instead of dogs, he uses imported Vietnamese elders.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events