Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2015, 05:28 AM

4,901 posts, read 2,055,276 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Why stop them? What the hell is America? We're all immigrants.

I was at a freethought Atheists meeting yesterday in Seattle and there was a Saudi girl speaking about Islam there. It would be a mistake to keep someone as bright and intelligent as she was out of this country. It's IMMIGRANTS like her that make America what it is.

What about the Mexicans who came here 30 years ago? Look at our campuses. Their children are growing up, going to school having children of their own and making America better every step of the way. I sometimes ride the bus and where I saw mostly black, white and Asian people now I see people of every stripe. Bedouin girls, Iraqi mothers and teens, Somali, African, Pakistani, Indian and Latinos are ubiquitous. I saw an Indian girl from Brazil, 6" 5" tall and stunning.

Let them come. We're only better for it. If there's some bad apples It's well worth the risk.
Wow... I hope that you or your family are not murdered/slaughtered in a random act of terrorism by one or more of these "bad apples" as you describe them. Sorry, but it's not "well worth the risk" for my family or my community... And I live in Seattle too. Unlike most of the liberals that live in the city, I'm well armed and well trained to defend myself and loved ones 24/7... Retired law enforcement officer and a combat veteran of the current wars in the Middle East.

...good luck in waiting for the police to be right there to stop the killing BEFORE it starts... I hope that you have your rape whistle ready!!

No disrespect meant, but you are clueless to the realities of the world and individuals like you live in a make believe/fantasy world were you actually believe that you can reason with individuals that share the same views of ISIS... Sorry buddy, but they will either shoot you or cut off your head without a second thought while they laugh at you, as you beg for your own life.

Group hugs and green tea isn't going to stop these people... Only mass American military firepower and the will to release it, will save the western world... And your rights to think and say some pretty stupid things.

Again... Wow!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2015, 05:35 AM

88,562 posts, read 84,755,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
Even the most peaceful Muslim is one who believes that women are second-class citizens unfit to be independent thinkers.
Most Muslim women I know have advanced degrees. I don't think they see themselves that way.

Old 11-16-2015, 05:47 AM

2,656 posts, read 1,374,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
You can’t let 5 million people idle an entire continent. This land was put created by God and was not given to anybody. There were no borders, no countries, no nothing. Whoever settled it owned it. Indians had this land for thousands of years. What did they do with it? What was their contribution to humanity? What diseases they cured? Drugs, electricity, medicine, cars, planes, what? Use it or lose it. They are lucky they lived.
Yes, we were so kind that we let them live. Nineteenth century mentalities live on.

Old 11-16-2015, 05:54 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,298,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
I just contacted my County Executive who has promised to bring 200-300 refugees to our area here. Objectors are posting on his Facebook page and our local news papers.

And I'm sure there will be those that call us racist, selfish ect.. ect.. - but for those people - please message me with your name address and phone number so that I may call those in charge of these refugees and let them know who the unselfish - non racist folks are that are so kindly opening up their home to help these refugees.

Chances are I won't get any takers because they talk the talk but are no more comfortable with the situation than we are who oppose it.
Why must we open our homes to refugees in order to show support for them being in our hometowns?

Old 11-16-2015, 06:06 AM

1,906 posts, read 2,037,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
There are about 1.6 billion Muslims in the world. How many of them have you known well enough to make that claim?

The third world, regardless of religion, tends to view women as property, no different from those who initially settled in the US from Europe.
I know lots and while its not universal there is certainly a high correlation.

Its not just poor third world uneducated inbreds that hold these views. Lots of rich ones educated at the most elite schools on the planet hold the same beliefs.

There are core Islamic beliefs that enforce the view that women are less than men. If you do not realize that then your a fool who knows very little about Islam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeHa View Post
And even the most peaceful Republican Presidential candidates still believe that women are second class citizens who shouldn't have control over their own reproductive rights or be paid equally to men.
Naw, they really don't care about womens reproductive rights one way or the other, they just tend to draw the line when comes to murdering a baby.

I have yet to work somewhere or even know someone that works somewhere, where women are paid less than men just because they are a woman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeHa View Post
No, they're not Muslims or like Muslims. That was not correlation I was making, it happens that they have some similar beliefs.

I don't think the Catholic Church treats women equally, or that the Orthodox Jews treat their women equally. Religion doesn't have the best track record with equal rights for women.
Right, Right, I read all the time about Christians and Jews gang raping women, stoning women for witchcraft or adultery, sending a raped woman to jail for being raped etc etc. You should make sure the people in Sweden are aware that the roving bands that gang raping Swedish women are Christians and Jews and not the Muslim immigrants they have imported by the droves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nema98 View Post
The Syrian passport is a fake and the identified attacker is a French of Algerian origin. That article is from yesterday. Why would anyone take their passport, makes no sense. Unless they wanted to flee the country. That's as if I committed a shooting or terrorist attack at a mall and took my my passport with me. Makes no sense. They guy was a suicide bomber and meant to kill himself. Why take a passport?

Also why was the passport not destroyed as he blew himself up ? Sounds fishy, and France said it was a fake Syrian passport made in Turkey.
Its makes perfect sense because ISIS doesn't like people fleeing to other countries either. It goes against their image, so of course it would make perfect sense for them to obtain syrian passports (fake or not) for a terrorist attack so they could turn public opinion against the refugees.

All that aside, its ludicrous to think that it is wise to invite thousands of refugees into this country when we can't verify anything at all about them per the FBI. There are going to be more than a few bad apples in that bunch. Much better to protect them in their own country and stop screwing around with this Nation building exercise, leave Assad alone and concentrate wiping Isis out for real.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Most Muslim women I know have advanced degrees. I don't think they see themselves that way.
Well of course they don't, and how many of them do you know in a predominately Islamic country?

Old 11-16-2015, 06:17 AM

1,261 posts, read 950,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
This. And many have careers, just like those of their Western counterparts. Not to mention the fact that quite a few of the countries in the Middle East and North Africa elect higher percentages of women to government than many of the Western countries that think of themselves as having achieved equality.

Old 11-16-2015, 06:22 AM

5,162 posts, read 4,486,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AminWi View Post
This. And many have careers, just like those of their Western counterparts. Not to mention the fact that quite a few of the countries in the Middle East and North Africa elect higher percentages of women to government than many of the Western countries that think of themselves as having achieved equality.
This is GREAT news. There is no need to take in "refugees" because their countries are much more enlightened than Western Countries!

Old 11-16-2015, 06:29 AM

2,282 posts, read 1,582,667 times
Not with Obama making laws unilaterally.

They say the storm is just beginning. Smuggling Jihadi's into Western Europe. Read this.

Old 11-16-2015, 06:35 AM

51,650 posts, read 25,807,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
Even the most peaceful Muslim is one who believes that women are second-class citizens unfit to be independent thinkers.
Many peaceful Christians also believe that women are second-class citizens unfit to be independent thinkers.

Old 11-16-2015, 06:44 AM

16,569 posts, read 15,268,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nema98 View Post

Also why was the passport not destroyed as he blew himself up ? Sounds fishy, and France said it was a fake Syrian passport made in Turkey.
Planes crash and burn and you find an intact teddy bear. The fact the the Syrian passport was faked in Turkey doesn’t add anything to your argument. He needed a Syrian passport to get in with the refugees so he got one made in Turkey. What is your point?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events