Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2015, 09:34 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,230,433 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
It should apply equally to all areas of the country. You get to commit one crime: having one baby out of wedlock and stealing money from others through welfare to support it. But additional babies GET NO ADDITIONAL SUPPORT.

You would see the behavior change over time. But first you need the misery of the circumstances that result to teach others not to partake.

A flame that isn't hot will not cause recoil. We need to UP THE PAIN FACTOR on bad choices. Then we will see new behavior to avoid the pain.

At the present time we encourage burned babies in ovens because we support single moms, recreational sex, drug use, and irresponsible absent fathers. We actually PAY PEOPLE MONEY to encourage these things because we take survival behavior off the table.

There would be few out of wedlock babies and broken families if going that route meant you really truly starved. It's called reality. Welfare is evasion of reality. Not to mention theft from good people to support the bad people.

And this goes for all people in every neighborhood in every state and every community, race, color, religion, sexual orientation, disability, and any other irrational subdivision one wishes to invent to support their equivocations.

No need to preach to me I have never birthed a child out of wedlock nor received welfare so take your holier than though wagon on down the road.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2015, 09:38 AM

11,337 posts, read 11,037,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
No need to preach to me I have never birthed a child out of wedlock nor received welfare so take your holier than though wagon on down the road.
Your silly post offered a teaching opportunity, so I took it.

Old 11-21-2015, 09:45 AM

2,288 posts, read 3,238,078 times
Oh dear God that poor baby. And the "mother" has an older child that wasn't in the home, and is pregnant by the boyfriend. No words.

http://abc13.com/news/dad-looking-fo...-died/1091992/

Last edited by breeinmo.; 11-21-2015 at 09:46 AM.. Reason: add link

Old 11-21-2015, 09:48 AM

6,757 posts, read 8,282,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
Your silly post offered a teaching opportunity, so I took it.
We certainly learned a lot about the dark side of humanity in your post.

Old 11-21-2015, 09:48 AM

17,815 posts, read 25,631,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
That is horrific .. Where were the parents?? Who leaves two 3 year olds and a baby alone?

There are no "parents", the "mother"(I use that term loosely) was out with her boyfriend. Horrible story, but there are no parents, that is problem.

Old 11-21-2015, 09:56 AM

11,337 posts, read 11,037,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldmaiden View Post
We certainly learned a lot about the dark side of humanity in your post.
Don't be so hard on yourself, your reaction can lead to introspection, and that may lead you to self-improvement.

Old 11-21-2015, 09:57 AM

19,836 posts, read 12,096,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by breeinmo. View Post
Oh dear God that poor baby. And the "mother" has an older child that wasn't in the home, and is pregnant by the boyfriend. No words.

Father of siblings of toddler burned to death tries to find his children. | abc13.com
Mom of the week is 7 months pregnant with her current boyfriend. Sad.

This article is incredibly poorly written. It's as if news organizations no longer have proofreaders or editors.

Old 11-21-2015, 10:10 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,623,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whocares811 View Post
Threads like this ruin my whole day.
I second that. Sheeeesh!!

Old 11-21-2015, 10:22 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,934,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Mom of the week is 7 months pregnant with her current boyfriend. Sad.

This article is incredibly poorly written. It's as if news organizations no longer have proofreaders or editors.
I am even starting to see this. I am not one for questioning articles, but lately some are misspelled words and leaving out important parts that tie a story together. Must be that expensive college education these people are getting.

Old 11-21-2015, 10:25 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,542,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by breeinmo. View Post

Father of siblings of toddler burned to death tries to find his children. | abc13.com
Quote:
"She was a cute little baby, I just didn't know if that was my daughter or not," said Price, who has never taken a paternity test relating to her ex-girlfriend's youngest child.
some serious dysfunction going on here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events