Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2015, 08:01 AM

1,209 posts, read 1,425,578 times

Advertisements

Just don't think of this story as you check your turkey this Thursday.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2015, 09:56 AM

203 posts, read 193,615 times
The parents should be charged with Murder because babies don't watch babies.

Sickos

Old 11-24-2015, 09:59 AM

203 posts, read 193,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
Well now, in the project apartments I grew up in, ther was no way a three yeah old could open and operate it. It was set for adult height.

The the 400k house we bought, again, it was at adult height

At the 800k house we live in, it's s double over. The controls are at 5 feet and you have to be able to read to do it.

I imagine in this case was a oven/stove combo. And two kids who learned how to work it. To feed themselves.....just a guess.
They have footstools.

Old 11-24-2015, 10:10 AM

73,004 posts, read 62,578,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
That is horrific .. Where were the parents?? Who leaves two 3 year olds and a baby alone?
From a story I found on youtube, the mother was out partying. She had multiple children by different men. Sounds like a case of promiscuous woman on the dole with multiple children, never married, young, and still wants to party, and cares nothing about her children.

I cannot imagine my parents leaving me alone at home at age 3.

Old 11-24-2015, 10:19 AM

8,066 posts, read 7,429,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
I'd go along with mandatory, reversible sterilization of every human being at age 9. Once a person/couple proves they are fit to be a parent and financially capable, only then would they be allowed to have children.
Sounds racist. And impractical.

Old 11-24-2015, 01:23 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,347,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtab4994 View Post
Have you ever met a stove? The controls are out of reach for a 36-inch 3 year old. They would have had to climb on something.
You mean like these?

Not even that old...
Ranges - Cooking - The Home Depot

Plenty on the first page alone that have easy access to controls.

Old 11-24-2015, 01:47 PM

7,733 posts, read 6,455,143 times
Who the hell leaves small children alone? It wasn't even like a preteen was there, it was toddlers!

Old 11-24-2015, 02:19 PM

137 posts, read 142,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
From a story I found on youtube, the mother was out partying. She had multiple children by different men. Sounds like a case of promiscuous woman on the dole with multiple children, never married, young, and still wants to party, and cares nothing about her children.
Quote:
Fredrick Price came to the apartment complex on Sterlingshire looking for his two kids Thursday morning, both three years old.
"I need to know where they are, I haven't heard from my children in months," said Price.

Price is the ex-boyfriend of Racquel Thompson. Police believe she left her four kids, all under five years old, home alone

"She was a cute little baby, I just didn't know if that was my daughter or not," said Price, who has never taken a paternity test relating to her ex-girlfriend's youngest child.

Thompson told officials she often left the kids home alone to drive her boyfriend to work at a pizza place. Monday night, Thompson and her boyfriend left to go get Dominos Pizza for takeout, and stopped at Walgreens to pick up a prescription. Case workers say the couple left the four kids home alone

Price's two kids, just three years old, told investigators that one of them put the baby in the oven, and the other turned it on. Records show the children told CPS workers they made the oven "hot", and that the baby was kicking the oven door while inside.

Thompson also has an older child who lives with his father. In addition, she is seven months pregnant with her current boyfriend's child. Thompson apparently also drove the kids without a license nor car seats.
So, Racquel Thompson routinely leaves her 4 kids at home alone (AGAIN), another lives with its father...and *kicker* she also has another one in the oven??!!!

Last edited by pinemon; 11-24-2015 at 03:03 PM..

Old 11-24-2015, 02:25 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,982,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtab4994 View Post
Sounds racist. And impractical.
"every human being"

Do you know what the definition of racist is? Seems like you don't. Impractical, maybe, but racist, no.

Yet again, we have the word "racist" being tossed around uselessly like a ball.

Old 11-24-2015, 02:27 PM

7,357 posts, read 11,757,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Have some of you ever even met children?

3 year olds of both sexes are generally 36 inches or higher. On a total coincidental note, the most common size for a stand alone oven / stove is 36 inches.

And kids left alone long enough to learn to work the controls on the kitchen appliances are more than old enough to stand on a chair or climb the shelves inside the cabinets to reach whatever they want.

I'd be very interested to know whether this was the 1st or the 32nd time they'd been left alone for the evening to fend for themselves. If it was the first time, they might not have even known what the knobs on the stove were for. Or if they did, they might be thinking in terms of Easy-Bake technology and not understand how hot the inside of an oven gets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events