Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2015, 11:08 AM

10,202 posts, read 7,919,184 times

Advertisements

Good link.

What conclusions did you get out of that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2015, 12:34 PM

749 posts, read 855,933 times
I have noticed a trend among mainstream media reporting alleging that Mexicans are significantly leaving the US and that Mexican immigration is surpassed by Chinese and Indians.
However I highly suspect these allegations to be fallacies to make sensational newspaper highlights and/or push an agenda on public opinion. Indian and Chinese immigration is only more important when it comes to legal immigration, which is nowadays very reduced. On the other hands the bulk of Mexicans immigrants entered the US illegally. Where I live, in Southern California, Indians are scarce, Chinese are somehow significant but only in some enclaves where they live along with other East Asian communities. Mexicans are all over, and then going back home there might be cases of some going back home but definitely not a trend.

This reminds me another question regarding demographic categories, many demographic questionnaires ask about Hispanic/Latino origin, and separately inquiry about race. In turns out that many Hispanics checkmark "white" by default, not knowing better. This has led cities like East LA renowned for being nearly exclusively Hispanic (97+%) to declare according to the 2010 census a population 50% White. I'm pretty sure this sounds as absurd to Whites as it does to Hispanics, but it only illustrates how numbers and statistics can be very easily manipulated and turned into a powerful weapon used to shape the public's perception of reality.

Old 11-24-2015, 12:47 PM

62,930 posts, read 29,126,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
Link comes back as not found

You missed an important part of what I described.

Jorge is a legal immigrant, as are his fellow workers from Mexico. He, and his fellow workers get paid $14/hr as a base, and he obviously makes a good living with his bonuses which bring his income to $65K/year.

I repeat, I will take a million of the Jorge's of the world, as opposed to the multi-generational welfare sucks that exist in the inner cities or in the trailer parks. Why wouldn't one want productive, family orientated people here?

Why would one think we need them? Are non-Hispanic Americans not productive and family orientated? I don't care how lovely an immigrant is if we don't have jobs and resources for them without taking from our own citizens then we don't need them, period!

Old 11-24-2015, 12:55 PM

720 posts, read 1,407,995 times
They know sh*t is about to hit the fan and do not want to be located in the States when it does.

Old 11-24-2015, 12:56 PM

9,822 posts, read 11,542,629 times
Quote:
I happen to live in the south half of the time. Most people I know are wonderful people, and are the salt of the earth. I love the southern culture in most areas, but, like most people in the south I know, have little use for welfare recipients that are multi-generational. The Honey Boo Boo families epitomize that attitude of entitlement, as do other ethnic groups who are too lazy to get off their butts to do have the work ethic of the Mexicans I know.

Nor do they have the family structure and adherence, which is as important.
Great Post!

Old 11-24-2015, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Why would one think we need them? Are non-Hispanic Americans not productive and family orientated? I don't care how lovely an immigrant is if we don't have jobs and resources for them without taking from our own citizens then we don't need them, period!
Then why are the multi-generational welfare sucks that exist in trailer parks and downtown ghettos not taking those jobs that actually require them to .... work.

And why do those same welfare sucks not have the adherence to a regular family structure where the kids can actually get guidance from two parents?

As I repeated before, I prefer a million of the immigrants that contribute to the country as opposed to those born in it who don't. Look at the contribution that Vietnamese and Indians have made? You don't see many of them on welfare, sucking of the public teat.

Old 11-24-2015, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Then why are the multi-generational welfare sucks that exist in trailer parks and downtown ghettos not taking those jobs that actually require them to .... work.

And why do those same welfare sucks not have the adherence to a regular family structure where the kids can actually get guidance from two parents?

As I repeated before, I prefer a million of the immigrants that contribute to the country as opposed to those born in it who don't. Look at the contribution that Vietnamese and Indians have made? You don't see many of them on welfare, sucking of the public teat.

There are plenty of Americans that don't fit your scenario. They are unemployed and want to work. Many of them are blacks. There are many minorities on welfare. I have even posted a link to it but it doesn't fit with your agenda so you will ignore it. My opposition is to foreigners being hired over Americans when there are plenty of willing Americans to do them. It usually comes down to the foreigner willing to working for less. This needs to stop!

Old 11-24-2015, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
There are plenty of Americans that don't fit your scenario. They are unemployed and want to work. Many of them are blacks. There are many minorities on welfare. I have even posted a link to it but it doesn't fit with your agenda so you will ignore it. My opposition is to foreigners being hired over Americans when there are plenty of willing Americans to do them. It usually comes down to the foreigner willing to working for less. This needs to stop!
The people I was talking about were legal, Mexican immigrants doing work that born here won't or can't do. I don't condone hiring illegal immigrants from anywhere, but that is not the case I am talking about. You seem to ignore that.

I will repeat, I will gladly take millions, with a capital M, immigrants that have the work ethic and family structure the Mexicans (and a few other Hispanics) I know over the welfare bums that were born in country. Any time.

Old 11-24-2015, 04:35 PM

6,228 posts, read 3,606,489 times
The net loss was only from a five-year period! As those of us who live in border states can attest, something was rotten with the Pew study:
https://www.conservativereview.com/c...nd-from-mexico

Old 11-24-2015, 05:23 PM

Quote:
The people I was talking about were legal, Mexican immigrants doing work that born here won't or can't do. I don't condone hiring illegal immigrants from anywhere, but that is not the case I am talking about. You seem to ignore that.

I will repeat, I will gladly take millions, with a capital M, immigrants that have the work ethic and family structure the Mexicans (and a few other Hispanics) I know over the welfare bums that were born in country. Any time.

And just what are these jobs that Americans supposedly won't do? Again, I ask you and you refuse to answer is are you saying with a straight face that Mexicans are a superior group and that other groups don't also have good work ethics and family structures/values? You know that is racism, don't you?

You don't have a choice of picking foreigners over Americans, welfare bums or not. Many Mexicans living here are on welfare also and you seem to ignore that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events