Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2015, 03:11 PM

260 posts, read 428,408 times

Advertisements

Apparently this is a real thing. If you haven't seen the trailer, here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRJnkBqwzOQ

So I guess my question is- do you think this is racist? Personally, I know this is just another load of distracting crap they send us because they really think we're that stupid. Yeah I'm white, but why should I have to apologize for it? I never did anything to anyone, and if I did of course I would apologize. No one else should have to be sorry for the color of their skin and neither should we.

Here's a petition to cancel the show before it airs, may there be many more.

https://www.change.org/p/mtv-cancel-...w-white-people
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2015, 03:15 PM

2,830 posts, read 2,656,734 times
Just more things to divide the country, that's why race relations are as bad as they are now. However, it's usually okay when it going against the white race, never ok when it goes against any other race so I can only imagine the concept behind this show.

Old 07-10-2015, 03:15 PM

5,444 posts, read 7,001,595 times
Why is it racist to have a 'white people show' where there is an entire station for blacks. BET

Old 07-10-2015, 03:20 PM

2,830 posts, read 2,656,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by headingtoDenver View Post
Why is it racist to have a 'white people show' where there is an entire station for blacks. BET
From what I'm seeing, this is not a show for white people, but about white people. Along the lines of white privilege and how we're all so lucky to wake up each day in our little world surrounded by unicorns and rainbows while the rest of the country suffers because of it. I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess it would be more of a white shaming show.

Old 07-10-2015, 03:23 PM

5,444 posts, read 7,001,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollynla View Post
From what I'm seeing, this is not a show for white people, but about white people. Along the lines of white privilege and how we're all so lucky to wake up each day in our little world surrounded by unicorns and rainbows while the rest of the country suffers because of it. I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess it would be more of a white shaming show.
Ahh I see. I had to make an assumption because I cannot watch the video here at work. I figured it would have just gone along the same lines with all the other crap on MTV.

Old 07-10-2015, 03:42 PM

335 posts, read 325,476 times
OK, here is a real head spinner about TV programming. After that horrible church incident, the powers that be decided to stop airing "The Dukes of Hazard" Mind you, to my knowledge it never used racial slurs. However, on just one episode of "The Jefferson's", the word "******" was used by George more than 20 times and yet it still airs???? Say What??? Maybe they took the flag down too soon...

I noticed that a word was filtered...Hint: It's slang for a person blowing a cars horn.

Old 07-10-2015, 03:47 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,664,682 times
Only idiots and bubble heads watch MTV. So it really doesn't matter.

Old 07-10-2015, 03:53 PM

260 posts, read 428,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Only idiots and bubble heads watch MTV. So it really doesn't matter.
That's what I'm worried about. There are idiots out there who see this, go into society, and well... Make life horrible for the rest of us. They try to shame us and think it's cool because they saw it on TV. They are targeting everyone including children, who just don't know because they are still learning. If this is the kind of crap they have to learn from, I dread the future. It's nothing but forced propaganda and there really are people out there who believe it.

Old 07-10-2015, 03:56 PM

16,637 posts, read 8,636,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by headingtoDenver View Post

Nominated for "Obtuse Post of 2015 Award"

It is unflattering about whites (i.e. not their own channel promoting white people or the entertainment they may like).

MTV has been a joke ever since they went from music videos to programming liberal rubbish to teens in angst.
This show is likely the brainchild of some guilty white liberal or grievance merchant to help promote the racial divisions Obama has put into motion.

`

Old 07-10-2015, 03:59 PM

16,637 posts, read 8,636,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baileytinn View Post
That's what I'm worried about. There are idiots out there who see this, go into society, and well... Make life horrible for the rest of us. They try to shame us and think it's cool because they saw it on TV. They are targeting everyone including children, who just don't know because they are still learning. If this is the kind of crap they have to learn from, I dread the future. It's nothing but forced propaganda and there really are people out there who believe it.
I was listening to a report the other day saying millennials receive 90% of their news information via social media.
If that is the case, as you said, things will be bleak in our not too distant future.

`
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events