Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2015, 03:26 PM

78,408 posts, read 60,593,823 times

Advertisements

Isis does the same thing with many males. Uses them as cannon fodder or tries to force them to suicide bomb. Sometimes tells them to drive to x and they don't realize they are driving a bomb.

Disaffected youth in us run off all the time and end up in cults or prostitution etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2015, 03:44 PM

90 posts, read 145,360 times
A lot of hate here, part of me thinks about how stupid I was at that age. Not that stupid, but still teenagers aren't emotionally mature enough to make rationale decisions all the time

Old 11-26-2015, 03:58 PM

1,716 posts, read 2,035,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Teen Islamic State pin-up girl changes her mind, is ‘beaten to death’
Samra Kesinovic, 17, went to Syria in April 2014 with her 16-year-old friend Sabina Selimovic, where they became propaganda poster girls for the Islamist group.

Now several Austrian newspapers are claiming Samra has been beaten to death, citing insider sources and an interview with a Tunisian woman who lived with the pair before escaping.

Some reports suggest both are now dead, with the UN’s David Scharia saying: “Both were recruited by Islamic State. One was killed in the fighting in Syria, the other has disappeared.”

Reports emerged in recent weeks that the teens had experienced a change of heart and wanted to come home.

It was also claimed the pair had married and had become pregnant to IS fighters.

In an interview from inside Islamic State in October, Selimovic blasted claims that she wants to return home in an interview believed to be held at gunpoint by her IS-devoted husband.

But experts back in Vienna claimed the entire interview is just one big publicity stunt used to try and rebuild the image of the Islamic State amid recent reports the girls wished to return to their families in Austria.

These girls played with fire and got burnt. Did they think this was some kind of movie or TV show where it would be cool to be part of the rebellious crowd?

If anyone is recruited by these people, get away from them. They do not care about you. They only want to use you. Report them if you are able.
This assumes they have the same values as you. Everyone doesn't.

Old 11-26-2015, 05:26 PM

35,699 posts, read 21,054,375 times
I hate to say it but if true --they need to post it everywhere so other kids can see it is all lies - Sorry for the parents-- yet the same things happens to other parents whose kids join violent gangs -- we chase the money no t look after the kids-- and we are loosing them

Old 11-26-2015, 05:58 PM

1,135 posts, read 1,312,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystery123 View Post
They were good looking too.
What a waste!
You're attributing their value based upon their attractiveness?

Old 11-26-2015, 06:00 PM

1,135 posts, read 1,312,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by throwitdontshowit View Post
A lot of hate here, part of me thinks about how stupid I was at that age. Not that stupid, but still teenagers aren't emotionally mature enough to make rationale decisions all the time
I disagree. There's enough info out there to know what isis is all about. They made a conscious choice and paid with their lives. Too bad no love for terrorists.

Old 11-26-2015, 06:59 PM

4,532 posts, read 8,871,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I think they fill their heads with all sorts of lies, including "you can come home whenever you want to". To me it seems they are using the same kind of tactics pimps use on young girls to fool them into the sex trade, and by the time they realize just what they've gotten themselves into, it's too late. We can dismiss this as just these girls, but THIS has become their primary recruitment tool, and teens appear to be all too vulnerable.
You are so right. This is exactly what they do. They can be absolutely charming and convincing. They are masters of deception. Slime balls. The poor girls were out of their league.

Old 11-26-2015, 07:31 PM

2,709 posts, read 2,282,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by throwitdontshowit View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.2089 View Post
I disagree. There's enough info out there to know what isis is all about. They made a conscious choice and paid with their lives. Too bad no love for terrorists.
Yes, young and dumb is a common occurrence worldwide. In this era of instant availability of info, anyone can find out what kind of group they are about to join within minutes. Maybe 20 or 30 years ago, it was inconvenient to go to the library and do research. More possibilities of getting involved in a bad situation. Every teenager these days has all the info they need at their fingertips.
It's not hate, it is apathy in the face of rampant stupidity and foolhardiness.

They should have known better
They could have known better
They chose not to know better

Old 11-26-2015, 09:41 PM

3,766 posts, read 4,104,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
These girls did not practice that form of religious observance...look a few pages back, I posted their pictures. They are pretty teen girls that look just like any pretty teen girl, long hair and make up and western clothes.

THAT is the point, they are somehow manipulating young people who have NO interest in religion or any sort of grander ideal, and getting them to believe somehow that this is something other than what it really is. Again, it is easy to dismiss this and want to wrap them up in neat little stereotypes, but most of these young recruits defy those stereotypes. Most were normal kids who lived fully assimilated into the culture of where they lived, until Isis got a hold of them.

How do you know they had no interest in religion? They are muslim since birth. Just because they look like typical California surfing teenagers doesn't mean they can't join the jihad.

You seem to have the same notion of most Westerners who think that one needs to wear a black burka from head to toe for one to be "radicalized". There is no such thing as radicalization because the violence is in the religion, although it is not really a religion, just a cult of death.

As for these two, goodbye and good riddance. I wish they all would go over there and join their jihad. At least when they get violent, they will be over there and not here. Notice I didn't say "if" they get violent, but when they get violent, because it only a matter of time.

Old 11-26-2015, 10:05 PM

671 posts, read 854,427 times
It fascinates me that people are so hung up on how they look. What difference does it make?

Two little girls are dead.

Their parents should have guided them better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events