Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2015, 10:22 AM

4,532 posts, read 8,868,030 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by manhattangirl View Post
It fascinates me that people are so hung up on how they look. What difference does it make?

Two little girls are dead.

Their parents should have guided them better.
It's easy to blame the parents. But honestly, the animals who target people for radicalization are very cunning. I have seen them in action. It's an entire system of brainwashing. If the parents had no experience with seeing this, they may well have not know how bad it was until it was too late.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2015, 10:49 AM

3,734 posts, read 5,767,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
What bimbos. Do they not realize they're joining an organization that has extreme misogyny as part of their ideology? Why are they working against their own interests?

If this was European men joining, I wouldn't be as surprised. But women??
If you'd grown up with the TV telling you THIS was a swoon-worthy male (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZr1cxPYP-A) - among other messages - then you'd already have all sorts of seeds planted in your subconscious, ready to germinate.

Truth is, Slavic people are still regarded as ideal slaves - currently, as brothel slaves. And the various faces and flavors of organized crime have been pumping out, in media, the implicit message, "Go ahead! Flirt with danger! It'll all turn out well. What's important is that you get over there, where things are GREAT!"
This song is from '03 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUdqr7YvTGg

Old 11-27-2015, 11:27 AM

1,431 posts, read 912,069 times
If these were two teen boys instead, would there be anyone defending them? What's up with the double standard? Is it because they were females that they were "manipulated"?

The only reason I feel bad for them is because they were probably used as sex slaves. As far as them defecting to ISIS, no remorse or sympathy.

Old 11-27-2015, 12:04 PM

4,927 posts, read 5,310,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Being a practicing Muslim doesn't mean they were radicalized in a mosque, do you have a source for that? Their parents, like most of these kids, had no idea either. They also don't seem to have been practicing Muslims in Vienna, at least they aren't wearing the garb and it certainly doesn't seem they behaved like Muslims are supposed to.
I can only site what I have read concerning their radicalization in a Mosque but I have read other sources available that claim they were as well. I know a few Muslim families myself and they absolutely do not behave as one would believe Muslims are 'suppose to', whatever that conjures up.

Maybe that is what makes them perfect fodder for ISIS and the other various Islamic terrorist organizations.

The Long War Journal - Austria’s radical Islam problem - November 10, 2014

In April, Samra Kesinovic, 17, and Sabina Selimovic, 15, two Austrian girls who had been radicalized by a local mosque, departed to join the Islamic State in Syria. The girls left notes in their bedrooms that said “Don’t look for us. We will serve Allah–and we will die for him,” according to Austrian police.

“Vienna has served as the de facto base for Islamist extremists from southeastern Europe, a place to recruit, raise and hide funds, and radicalize, thanks to Austria’s permissive laws and weak enforcement mechanisms,” wrote former NSA intelligence analyst John Schindler, who has a deep expertise in jihadist activity in the Balkans and Austria.

Austria’s radical Islam problem | The Long War Journal

Old 11-27-2015, 12:07 PM

50,721 posts, read 36,424,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veezybell View Post
If these were two teen boys instead, would there be anyone defending them? What's up with the double standard? Is it because they were females that they were "manipulated"?

The only reason I feel bad for them is because they were probably used as sex slaves. As far as them defecting to ISIS, no remorse or sympathy.
No one is defending them where did you get that from? I am simply trying to point out we need to use tactics that mirror those the terrorists are using. Again dismissing these girls as unique from other kids, OR as typical Muslims keeps us vulnerable, JMO. Where are you getting they are being defended from? P.S. they ARE recruiting teen boys this way too, which I stated in my posts as well.

They were radicalized by a Muslim cleric, but this was not any mosque they belonged to as a family. These kids are being targeted outside their families, and we need to find new ways to combat that if we want any chance at stopping their growth.

Old 11-27-2015, 12:07 PM

1,623 posts, read 1,723,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I disagree with that, simply because American kids are also joining them.

How many American kids are actually joining Isis?

Old 11-27-2015, 12:13 PM

50,721 posts, read 36,424,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormynh View Post
How many American kids are actually joining Isis?
I don't know how many, but there are many stories about teens running away and trying to get to Turkey, as well as people like the Boston Marathon bombers. I'm sure exact stats are available somewhere.

Old 11-27-2015, 04:08 PM

2,416 posts, read 2,021,618 times
Religion's the problem - in this case Islam.

Old 11-27-2015, 04:46 PM

7,489 posts, read 4,949,345 times
What a tragic story! Their parents survived war at home in Bosnia, they escaped, and both girls were born in Austria. Their parents did everything they could to survive war, they tried so hard to give their daughters a good start in life. That the 17 year old daughter was rebellious, and that she influenced a 15 year old girl, is 100% tragic. I cannot imagine the grief of the parents given the loss that they have known/lived.

Last edited by Lieneke; 11-27-2015 at 04:55 PM..

Old 11-27-2015, 07:00 PM

5,989 posts, read 6,775,839 times
But they chose to raise them in a religion that teaches that Islam must conquer the world, by violent means, that non-Muslim human life is worthless, that it is better to die a "martyr" (we call them murderers) to get into heaven, than to live a peaceful life. Even if the parents themselves do not hold these beliefs, by allowing them to go to the mosque, or even to identify as Muslims, in today's world, they ran the risk of them becoming enamored of radical Islam and running off to join the Khalifate in Syria.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events