Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2015, 05:51 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,234,949 times

Advertisements

This man is a HERO for his selfless act that saves a victim and got him shot! Lucky that he survived due to the gun jamming.

With all the hated and violence that is happening i am wondering where he hails from. Were he a criminal i think his Nationality would have been certain front stage. IE: A Muslim from "WHEREVER"

Give credit where it is due.

I remember about five Muslim surgeons in Joplin Mo that operated on countless patients after the JOPLIN Tornado. The thanks they got from SOME of the community was that while they were saving lives someone burned down their Mosque. I read about it in a newspaper so they were given a bit of recognition.

I am not very good at getting my thoughts in to words. I see that it would be odd etc to say that were it a devout Baptist that it would be noted.

All Muslims are under fire for what radical Muslims are doing and have done.

American Muslim children need Heroes also. If this man is also a Muslim then let's give them a Hero.

But hey! This man could very well be of some other nationality and i am no expert at recognizing Nationalities.

Student Shot While Stopping Apparent Kidnapping out of Hospital - ABC News

Old 12-03-2015, 06:11 AM

1,261 posts, read 950,116 times
I love the thought, but based on the man's name I would guess that he is of Jewish descent. Absolutely though, he is a hero and should be commended!

Old 12-03-2015, 06:19 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,234,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AminWi View Post
I love the thought, but based on the man's name I would guess that he is of Jewish descent. Absolutely though, he is a hero and should be commended!
_________

Another hero is the man that sounded the alarm in the PPS shooting in Co.

Thanks as i said i cannot identify anyone nationality with any certainty.

Old 12-03-2015, 06:24 AM

828 posts, read 907,601 times
He is a hero indeed. His name does not sound Muslim, though. I would also guess he's Jewish.

Old 12-03-2015, 06:31 AM

4,750 posts, read 3,565,409 times
Somewhere around forty percent of doctors in the United States are foreign born - - and many of them come from the parts of the world where certain Americans want no immigrants to come from. Immigration is a deep, difficult issue that can have immense ramifications no matter how we proceed in the future.

Old 12-03-2015, 07:11 AM

4,095 posts, read 2,564,444 times
Epic fail.

Old 12-03-2015, 09:08 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,600,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
This man is a HERO for his selfless act that saves a victim and got him shot! Lucky that he survived due to the gun jamming.

With all the hated and violence that is happening i am wondering where he hails from. Were he a criminal i think his Nationality would have been certain front stage. IE: A Muslim from "WHEREVER"

I remember about five Muslim surgeons in Joplin Mo that operated on countless patients after the JOPLIN Tornado. The thanks they got from SOME of the community was that while they were saving lives someone burned down their Mosque. I read about it in a newspaper so they were given a bit of recognition.

I am not very good at getting my thoughts in to words. I see that it would be odd etc to say that were it a devout Baptist that it would be noted.

American Muslim children need Heroes also. If this man is also a Muslim then let's give them a Hero.

But hey! This man could very well be of some other nationality and i am no expert at recognizing Nationalities.

I think most of us know that not all Muslims are bad. Those targeting American Muslims simply because they are Muslim, are misguided and few. I have defended American Muslims and their right to worship many times on c-d. However, I am against allowing foreigners to enter the country because there are a percentage of radicals in the Muslim religion and we put our citizens at risk by allowing such entry.

Old 12-03-2015, 01:40 PM

1,175 posts, read 1,284,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post

Haha... a doctor operating on patients and getting paid is a hero???

Old 12-03-2015, 01:59 PM

828 posts, read 907,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystery123 View Post
Haha... a doctor operating on patients and getting paid is a hero???
They would be a hero when they're saving your life. Also some doctors don't get paid or cut their pay in a disaster. Finally, firefighters and cops can be heroes, and they're "getting paid".

Old 12-03-2015, 01:59 PM

3,671 posts, read 3,554,080 times
A very brave young man. The first time I saw this I shuddered at what could have happened. He really is a hero.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events