Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2015, 09:58 AM

17,680 posts, read 13,494,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
I'm surprised that the shotguns were not locked up in a gun safe.

Whenever I have contractors at the house, I'll always check the doors and windows after they've gone to make sure that they are locked. Though I've never had any problems, I've heard stories about workers who have unlocked doors or windows during the day while they're working, then return at night to rob the place when they're not being watched by their coworkers.

Thanks for the advise, we are switching cable companies this week
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2015, 10:17 AM

3,537 posts, read 2,874,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
OMG!!!!!!!! Turning a post about disreputable repairmen and installers who are thieves and the need to watch them into an anti gun thread on the second post.

Wow, a new record for lunacy on CD
I'm sorry did I misread the OP? Was the guy stealing Christmas balls?
Nope, I'm pretty sure the guy was stealing guns, which kinda relates to the whole gun control debate.

bill

Old 12-13-2015, 12:34 PM

1,201 posts, read 1,230,166 times
I don't understand why people don't keep most of their guns locked up in a safe. After I got into having more then a few guns I wanted a safe to keep them from being stolen mostly.I do keep my handgun out for protection though.

Old 12-13-2015, 01:18 PM

35,796 posts, read 21,184,619 times
NOT a word of which cable co. hi was working for---
HAHAHAHA

on the serious side the stuff need to be locked UP!!! out of anyone's reach --the guy could have been a real nut job and you have no wife left!!

Old 12-13-2015, 02:01 PM

325 posts, read 338,883 times
I wonder if this tech is from Comcast or Dish whatever?

It's his fault, ruining his Christmas and possibly his life, and it's probably her fault for not locking up the gun where he can't see. And that dog does not seem to be smart in protecting the lady.

Old 12-13-2015, 03:11 PM
eok

6,684 posts, read 4,271,414 times
Quote:
OMG!!!!!!!! Turning a post about disreputable repairmen and installers who are thieves and the need to watch them into an anti gun thread on the second post.

I think their point was that illegal guns are not the only ones that go home with criminals. It's not so much an anti-gun post as an anti-careless-gun-owner post. We need to get rid of all the careless gun owners. It should be illegal for gun owners to drink or do anything else that could make them vulnerable to having their guns stolen by criminals.

Children steal guns and start street gangs. Not because children are good at stealing guns, but because the gun owners are drunk, drugged, and stupid. If there's ever any good argument for gun control, the stupidity of the gun owners is the biggest and best argument.

When is this thread going to become an anti-Obama thread? Doesn't that usually get started sooner?

Old 12-13-2015, 03:21 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,703,418 times
Quote:

You're out of line. Some stranger comes into your home whether it be the cable repairman or someone from the gas company, you don't leave guns around, pills(ever hear of OxyContin) on the kitchen table, jewelry, etc....get it?

Don't have anything out that could tempt them. You know they're coming, you made the appt. Take a few minutes and lock up/hide anything that might tempt them.

Would you leave a $100 bill on the kitchen counter? Don't think so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrat View Post
I'm sorry did I misread the OP? Was the guy stealing Christmas balls?
Nope, I'm pretty sure the guy was stealing guns, which kinda relates to the whole gun control debate.

bill
It does, I'm all for gun ownership and protecting your home. But just like many who have driver's licenses who shouldn't be driving, there are many legal gun owners who shouldn't have guns.

Old 12-13-2015, 04:31 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,920,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump
NOT a word of which cable co. hi was working for---
HAHAHAHA
Probably wouldnt be hard to find out..... Mostly likely only 1 cable company in that area...

Old 12-14-2015, 09:59 AM

15,843 posts, read 20,653,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortel View Post
I don't understand why people don't keep most of their guns locked up in a safe.

Because safes are expensive. The gov't does allow them to be sold tax free, but it still doesn't make it cheap to get a large enough safe for a few guns.

For some states, a locked case sounds as safe storage. The article only mentioned the thief carried the case out to the van, so for all we know they were locked up, just easily moved.

Old 12-14-2015, 10:04 AM

10,384 posts, read 8,043,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
Because safes are expensive.
And they have to be bolted down, otherwise all it takes to steal one is a hand cart. Not everyone lives in a situation where they can securely bolt a safe to the concrete foundation of their dwelling (certainly renters, especially apartment renters, can't).

Keeping firearms locked up and out of sight is a good general idea, but it doesn't offer a guarantee they won't be stolen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events