Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2015, 12:35 AM

2,950 posts, read 1,636,623 times

Advertisements

It's obviously a bad shoot.

Cop needs to serve some jail time after he's fired.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2015, 03:59 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,041,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by key2success View Post
I also want to say dont run from the cops you wont get shot!
or walk from the cops

or walk at the cops

or...

Old 12-18-2015, 06:10 AM

2,296 posts, read 3,123,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
or walk from the cops

or walk at the cops

or...
be anywhere near a cop?

Old 12-18-2015, 08:01 AM

4,677 posts, read 5,765,142 times
I can understand not prosecuting him for manslaughter. You would not win that case when it can be proven that the weapon was accidentally discharged. You cannot get him for false report either because he did not actually technically make a false report. There may or may not be a relevant weapons discharge crime; that varies a lot by jurisdiction and it would just be a misdemeanor.

But you can definitely charge him with obstruction of justice and would almost certainly win that case. Which then makes it possible to at least fire him and maybe strip his license.

(Felony level negligent discharge requires intent to fire the weapon, so you could not make that charge stick.)

I would question the accidental discharge too. Police handguns are double-action with a heavy trigger pull specifically to avoid accidental discharge (since they also do not have safeties). That is part of the reason their firearm accuracy is so awful.
Was he using a personal firearm that was not inside department regulations for trigger pull?

Last edited by marigolds6; 12-18-2015 at 08:13 AM..

Old 12-18-2015, 08:30 AM

1,515 posts, read 1,224,671 times
Cop was scared, as usual. At least he got to go home safely. He will probably get a paid vacation and his other associated gang members will probably conclude that he did nothing wrong.

Old 12-18-2015, 08:34 AM

7,343 posts, read 4,365,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
Outrage in NorCal Town After Officer Shoots Unarmed DUI Suspect | NBC New York

- Perp pulls out of a bar parking lot, apparently drunk driving, cop initiates pursuit
- Car flipped, killing perp's wife
- As perp climbs out of the wreckage, cop comes up and shoots him in the neck and he fell back inside the car
- Cop reports "I've got a male in the car refusing to get out"
- Ambulance came, treated the perp and found the bullet hole, cop says nothing about shooting
- When cop was told to go back to the bar to investigate how perp was shot he admitted to his CO that he "may have" shot the guy, 11 minutes after the incident
- Perp is paralyzed, charge with manslaughter and DUI
- Cop is not prosecuted because it was an "accidental discharge"

Anyone see anything wrong with this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRh3g1ekakw
That was attempted murder and it didn't look like his first rodeo, did it?

Old 12-18-2015, 08:40 AM

5,788 posts, read 5,102,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
Outrage in NorCal Town After Officer Shoots Unarmed DUI Suspect | NBC New York

- Perp pulls out of a bar parking lot, apparently drunk driving, cop initiates pursuit
- Car flipped, killing perp's wife
- As perp climbs out of the wreckage, cop comes up and shoots him in the neck and he fell back inside the car
- Cop reports "I've got a male in the car refusing to get out"
- Ambulance came, treated the perp and found the bullet hole, cop says nothing about shooting
- When cop was told to go back to the bar to investigate how perp was shot he admitted to his CO that he "may have" shot the guy, 11 minutes after the incident
- Perp is paralyzed, charge with manslaughter and DUI
- Cop is not prosecuted because it was an "accidental discharge"

Anyone see anything wrong with this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRh3g1ekakw
Yes, what's wrong is when idiots go head to head. The first idiot drinks and drives, killing his wife. Then the second idiot "accidentally discharged" his gun and paralyze the first idiot. To me, these two deserved each other.

Old 12-18-2015, 09:18 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,643,519 times
That was attempted murder, plain and simple.

Old 12-18-2015, 09:37 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,084,844 times
I guess people dont want to hear or realize the exhaustive investigation)s) that went into this accidental shooting... I personally know Mike Ramsey ..the district attorney.. as well as the several D.A investigators that were assigned this case.

There was no cover up...
Supervisors were immediately called
A D.A. roll out shoot team was immediately assigned
Butte County Sheriffs rolled out an investigative team
Paradise PD did their own supervisory investigation

The D.A determined through three investigations ,,two independent that the shooting was accidental

Doesnt mean the officer wont get fired.. doesnt mean the officer and the department arent on the hook

You wont hear that in the news
The "local" outrage that the national news is trying to stir up isnt so "outrageous" in the local community,,, but there are calls for action on the officer.. which is still pending..

Keep your finger out of the the trigger guard,,, no excuse here,, I didnt see a threat in the video... however I wasn't chasing the guy.. nor did I witness the accident.. nor are any of us prvy to the investigation until its released in entirety

Another opening//

Step up internet heros

The scrota that killed his wife can use some of his potential new found money to defend himself... I would say he really gets to live with the consequences of his actions forever

Keep your public actions unsullied and the world wont rain down bad stuff on you.. intended or accidental

Last edited by notmeofficer; 12-18-2015 at 09:46 AM..

Old 12-18-2015, 10:10 AM

13,520 posts, read 22,122,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
I guess people dont want to hear or realize the exhaustive investigation)s) that went into this accidental shooting... I personally know Mike Ramsey ..the district attorney.. as well as the several D.A investigators that were assigned this case.

There was no cover up...
Supervisors were immediately called
A D.A. roll out shoot team was immediately assigned
Butte County Sheriffs rolled out an investigative team
Paradise PD did their own supervisory investigation

The D.A determined through three investigations ,,two independent that the shooting was accidental

Doesnt mean the officer wont get fired.. doesnt mean the officer and the department arent on the hook

Keep your finger out of the the trigger guard,,, no excuse here,, I didnt see a threat in the video... however I wasn't chasing the guy.. nor did I witness the accident.. nor are any of us prvy to the investigation until its released in entirety
If the shooting was truly "accidental", then what does it matter what happened during the chase?

If you watched the video then you just "witnessed" the accident, unless you're saying "believe me and not your lying eyes".

If it were an accident and no attempt to cover up, explain why the officer didn't radio it in right away but instead he said "I've got a male in the car refusing to get out"? Now why do you think he radioed that particular message in and not "I've got a wounded male in the car requiring medical assistance" or something to that nature?

Why do you think he waited 10-12 minutes (depending on the news source) before alerting the responder and his CO that he shot the guy?

Btw, questioning the officer's actions doesn't mean there is sympathy for the perp. They don't have to go hand in hand. The perp deserves to pay for his crimes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events