Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2015, 10:16 AM

5,859 posts, read 3,295,993 times

Advertisements

Well I know I will get destroyed for this lol. He was drunk and killed his wife. Don't feel the least bit bad for him. Run from the cops. Kill an innocent person. You get what you deserve!!! It was a bad shooting. Do I feel bad for the victim? Nope!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2015, 10:21 AM

13,520 posts, read 22,122,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
Well I know I will get destroyed for this lol. He was drunk and killed his wife. Don't feel the least bit bad for him. Run from the cops. Kill an innocent person. You get what you deserve!!!

I've no sympathy for the drunk neither and I don't think any of the previous posters indicate otherwise.
I think what the officer did was wrong and I don't believe it's accidental -- not sure how you can prove that it's accidental, unless he thought he had a taser like the Fruitvale Station shooting.

Old 12-18-2015, 10:55 AM

7,058 posts, read 9,076,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marigolds6 View Post
I would question the accidental discharge too. Police handguns are double-action with a heavy trigger pull specifically to avoid accidental discharge (since they also do not have safeties). That is part of the reason their firearm accuracy is so awful.
Was he using a personal firearm that was not inside department regulations for trigger pull?
Revolvers have DA trigger on all shots (unless the hammer is intentionally thumbed back), semi-auto pistol not necessarily so. Most (all? That I am aware of?) semi-autos leave the hammer cocked after the first shot and are SA after it.

And, it's neither a reason nor an excuse for a lack of accuracy. I used a Sig P220E DA/SA .45 auto for the Police Combat Pistol Course and did very well with it (in spite of having to swap mags more frequently than others using double-stacked hi-cap 9s). But then, I enjoy shooting and typically was at the range for several hours on pretty much a weekly basis.

Poor accuracy is solely a lack of [regular] training and practice.

On-topic- MO, bad shoot but don't feel sorry for the shootee, he should have died in the crash too.

Old 12-18-2015, 11:07 AM

4,677 posts, read 5,765,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
If the shooting was truly "accidental", then what does it matter what happened during the chase?
notmeofficer is pointing out that the lack of a threat brings into question why the officer had his gun out and why he had his finger inside the trigger guard. Those are not illegal actions, but without those two things happening, the accidental shooting never happens.

Old 12-18-2015, 11:11 AM

4,677 posts, read 5,765,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zymer View Post
Revolvers have DA trigger on all shots (unless the hammer is intentionally thumbed back), semi-auto pistol not necessarily so. Most (all? That I am aware of?) semi-autos leave the hammer cocked after the first shot and are SA after it.
Stock they are DA/SA, but when deployed for police they are aftermarket modified to be DA on all shots. As someone who enjoys shooting, you probably understand what it takes to have an accidental discharge on a 10+ lb pull DA semi-auto....

Old 12-18-2015, 11:36 AM

9,855 posts, read 11,926,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by key2success View Post
I also want to say dont run from the cops you wont get executed!
FIFY. There is ample evidence that you could still get shot even if you cooperate fully.

Old 12-18-2015, 12:02 PM

10,007 posts, read 11,155,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerMtn View Post
Cop was scared, as usual. At least he got to go home safely. He will probably get a paid vacation and his other associated gang members will probably conclude that he did nothing wrong.
Whats it like spending all your time on one agenda?..got to get boring.

Old 12-18-2015, 12:36 PM

18,562 posts, read 7,365,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
I've no sympathy for the drunk neither and I don't think any of the previous posters indicate otherwise.
A man was shot for no reason. I absolutely have sympathy for the driver who got shot.

Old 12-18-2015, 12:47 PM

18,757 posts, read 11,789,983 times
Yikes the video is horrifying. Accidental or not the police officer was dead wrong. Accidental shootings do happen. I know of two. One friend who is very good accidentally shot a hole in his wall at home. He was being careless. Another one shot a hole in the squad car by being an idiot. He should have been fired but he managed to keep his job. We all do stupid things from time to time, but this shooting is over the top stupid.

Old 12-18-2015, 12:52 PM

5,859 posts, read 3,295,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
A man was shot for no reason. I absolutely have sympathy for the driver who got shot.
He killed an innocent person. He will still live albeit he will have to sit in a chair and eat baby food!!! Personally I have zero sympathy for him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events