Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2016, 09:08 AM

12,022 posts, read 11,565,479 times

Advertisements

"Anti-Semitic acts in France have soared in recent years, increasing by 84 percent in the period between January 2015 and May 2015 compared to a year earlier, according to official statistics."

France debates Jewish skullcap after knife attack

"Alain Ghozland, a prominent voice in the French Jewish community, has been found dead in his home."

French Jewish Politician Alain Ghozland Found Murdered In Home, Anti-Semitism To Blame? : News : Headlines & Global News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2016, 09:10 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,110,561 times
Maybe France needs to provide educational classes to muslims on proper use of machetes.

Old 01-13-2016, 01:45 PM

3,452 posts, read 4,925,399 times
I know that Kurds are mostly Muslims too, but I'm surprised to find them involved in such acts. I thought they were allied with the West.

Old 01-13-2016, 02:07 PM

102,193 posts, read 107,823,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
"The 15-year-old ethnic Kurd assailant rushed the victim from behind and stabbed him in the shoulder, then chased after him for a few metres (yards) until he fell, Robin said."

It's highly unusual for a Kurd to claim they acted on behalf of ISIS. Turkey is bombing the Kurds. The Kurds in Turkey were also the target of ISIS-attributed bomb attacks just before the national election. In the form of the US-organized Syrian Defense Force (SDF), the Syrian Kurds are also fighting ISIS to reclaim lost territory.
That is one confused kid.

How was a kid able to enter a school carrying a machete, anyway? Or a classroom?

Old 01-14-2016, 07:03 AM

21,463 posts, read 10,566,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Doubt it; the French don't really pull any punches when it comes to that. They're not the most politically correct of nationalities, unlike the Germans.
The Germans have been guilt-ridden for generations, as they should be, but I fear this is going to wake up the really nasty segment of the German population. I cannot imagine they're going to sit by while their country and culture is destroyed. This is not going to end well.

Old 01-15-2016, 08:37 AM

3,866 posts, read 3,141,827 times
There was recently an ISIS attack in Istanbul in which 8 German nations were killed. I'm thinking the German nationals were targeted in retaliation for the mob attacks on people of descent from the Middle Eastern and North Africa in Germany from nasty right wing gangs in response to the many claims of sexual assaults from groups of males of Middle eastern and North Africa descent in Cologne Germany recently.

Old 01-15-2016, 11:06 AM

3,282 posts, read 3,791,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
"The 15-year-old ethnic Kurd assailant rushed the victim from behind and stabbed him in the shoulder, then chased after him for a few metres (yards) until he fell, Robin said."

It's highly unusual for a Kurd to claim they acted on behalf of ISIS. Turkey is bombing the Kurds. The Kurds in Turkey were also the target of ISIS-attributed bomb attacks just before the national election. In the form of the US-organized Syrian Defense Force (SDF), the Syrian Kurds are also fighting ISIS to reclaim lost territory.
It makes absolutely no sense for a Kurd to attack in the name of ISIS, you are right. They have been victims of ISIS and many other atrocities. Sounds strange...

Old 01-16-2016, 01:50 PM

191 posts, read 167,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosa surf View Post
It makes absolutely no sense for a Kurd to attack in the name of ISIS, you are right. They have been victims of ISIS and many other atrocities. Sounds strange...
To someone who knows Kurds in Turkey well, it isn't particularly surprising. Kurds are not a homogenous group, and while most of them are strongly anti-ISIS, there is a very small minority which supports the group. An example of this would be the ISIS bombings in Suruç and Ankara, which were planned and carried out by Kurdish ISIS supporters.

Old 01-16-2016, 01:58 PM

191 posts, read 167,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coseau View Post
There was recently an ISIS attack in Istanbul in which 10 German nations were killed. I'm thinking the German nationals were targeted in retaliation for the mob attacks on people of descent from the Middle Eastern and North Africa in Germany from nasty right wing gangs in response to the many claims of sexual assaults from groups of males of Middle eastern and North Africa descent in Cologne Germany recently.

I can't presume to know what goes on in the twisted minds of these people, but I seriously doubt this attack had anything to do with retaliations in Germany. I'd imagine that ISIS would be happy about them--they might help with recruitment.

I suspect that Germans were attacked because German tourists are valuable to the Turkish tourism sector. And it's pretty clear that the attack really angered the ruling party, because the Turkish army started shelling the terrorist's hometown heavily a few days ago. In contrast, almost nothing was done after 136 Turkish citizens died in the bombings in Suruç and Ankara.

Old 01-16-2016, 06:57 PM

12,022 posts, read 11,565,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coseau View Post
There was recently an ISIS attack in Istanbul in which 8 German nations were killed. I'm thinking the German nationals were targeted in retaliation for the mob attacks on people of descent from the Middle Eastern and North Africa in Germany from nasty right wing gangs in response to the many claims of sexual assaults from groups of males of Middle eastern and North Africa descent in Cologne Germany recently.
And today, Turkey's deputy prime minister asks Germany to act militarily in Syria to stop the Russians and Syrians from bombing the rebels (of which ISIS is one).

Turkey asks Berlin to step up military involvement in Syria
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events