Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2016, 08:52 PM

1,299 posts, read 2,588,374 times

Advertisements

Personally, if I were in charge, I would have given the people trapped in the snow a break, but that may just be me.

DC Issues $1 Million Worth of Parking Tickets After Blizzard | NBC4 Washington
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2016, 09:28 PM

7,646 posts, read 9,991,073 times
Washington DC - the British had the right idea when they burned it to the ground. What a disgrace to the American people and failure of the American system. It stomps on the 2A, crime is out of control, and now you can't park your car in a huge snow storm.

Old 01-27-2016, 09:33 PM

12,722 posts, read 7,628,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
Washington DC - the British had the right idea when they burned it to the ground. What a disgrace to the American people and failure of the American system.
and we bow to the Master of Hyperbole...

Old 01-27-2016, 10:28 PM

21,997 posts, read 25,354,272 times
I'm fine with giving someone a ticket for parking in the middle of the road. Don't park in the middle of the road. If you left your car there and the city had to move it, I don't see the problem with them charging you to do so.

Old 01-28-2016, 03:58 AM

5,672 posts, read 5,108,749 times
DC is a cesspool of corruption. Every excuse to exploit money from commuters and visitors is maximized. I worked in the city for seven years, traveling in from Virginia, then decided to find opportunities on the civilized side of the Potomac. As for their ticketing, at last count I owned them about $900, but found perfectly legal ways to flip them the bird over it.

Now I go into the city about once a year, always riding the Metro in and out, to take my daughter to museums on days she's out of school. Even walking around that sewer pit is disturbing.

Old 01-28-2016, 04:03 AM

45,586 posts, read 61,004,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
I'm fine with giving someone a ticket for parking in the middle of the road. Don't park in the middle of the road. If you left your car there and the city had to move it, I don't see the problem with them charging you to do so.

This was a lot of it. Also, this storm wasn't a surprise, we had 6 or 7 days warning in this area. So people who insisted on parking on the No Parking, Snow Emergency Routes deserved ticketing and towing.

As it was, regular parking enforcement off the Emergency Routes was suspended for several days.

Old 01-28-2016, 04:58 AM

2,141 posts, read 1,396,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
Washington DC - What a disgrace to the American people and failure of the American system. It stomps on the 2A, crime is out of control, and now you can't park your car in a huge snow storm.
Amen. It's one of the most corrupt areas of the country IMO.

Old 01-28-2016, 05:35 AM

5,162 posts, read 4,511,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
DC is a cesspool of corruption. Every excuse to exploit money from commuters and visitors is maximized. I worked in the city for seven years, traveling in from Virginia, then decided to find opportunities on the civilized side of the Potomac. As for their ticketing, at last count I owned them about $900, but found perfectly legal ways to flip them the bird over it.

Now I go into the city about once a year, always riding the Metro in and out, to take my daughter to museums on days she's out of school. Even walking around that sewer pit is disturbing.
LOL. This kid is mad.

Old 01-28-2016, 05:49 AM

40,996 posts, read 49,408,222 times
It costs money to buy crack for all their Mayors.

Old 01-28-2016, 05:56 AM

11,180 posts, read 16,079,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post

You chose the wrong side of the Potomac.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events