Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2016, 04:47 AM

3,762 posts, read 5,421,804 times

Advertisements

If someone can take a photo with a religious headdress, than anyone should be able to wear whatever they want on their head. The purpose of the photo should be to identify a person in their natural state. Unless a headdress is a second skin that can only be removed through surgical means, it doesn't count as natural state. So either nobody gets to wear a disguise when they take the photo or everyone gets to wear one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2016, 07:18 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,297,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjlo View Post
Please refer to the "as he see's it" part of my post.
Yes, but he's wrong because that's not what happened so I fail to see why anyone would support this man's actions.

Old 01-20-2016, 08:15 PM

2,055 posts, read 1,448,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Yes, but he's wrong because that's not what happened so I fail to see why anyone would support this man's actions.
Could it possibly be that at least one of us may not agree with your opinion? BTW, I fail to see why anyone would not support this man's actions.

El Nox

Old 01-20-2016, 11:40 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,297,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Nox View Post
Could it possibly be that at least one of us may not agree with your opinion? BTW, I fail to see why anyone would not support this man's actions.

El Nox
Its not my opinion. Its a fact that baseball caps are not religious items and therefore not protected by the Constitution.

I don't support his actions because he barked up the wrong tree. Those people at the DMV have ZERO to do with legislation, constitutional law, etc. They are working at an often thankless job. Then they have to deal with yahoos like this guy.

Old 01-21-2016, 08:29 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,768,722 times
Even if I were a DMV employee I would not ever think of asking a Marine, active or retired, to take off his hat because of respect and not wanting to get my ass kicked.

Old 01-21-2016, 08:49 AM

29,513 posts, read 22,636,772 times
It
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Even if I were a DMV employee I would not ever think of asking a Marine, active or retired, to take off his hat because of respect and not wanting to get my ass kicked.
No one's above the law, rules, or regulations.

Not even military, retired or active.

The DMV employees did nothing wrong.

Old 01-21-2016, 09:33 AM

2,851 posts, read 2,300,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
It

No one's above the law, rules, or regulations.

Not even military, retired or active.

The DMV employees did nothing wrong.
Precisely. If he wants special treatment, being a Marine is not the reason.

I have a friend who's a neurosurgeon. He saves hundreds of lives every year. He does not demand special respect.

Old 01-21-2016, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Its not my opinion. Its a fact that baseball caps are not religious items and therefore not protected by the Constitution.
Yet again ... YOUR OPINION. Maybe you have some court case. I seem to remember something about a "right" in the Constitution about gay marriage.

Quote:
I don't support his actions because he barked up the wrong tree. Those people at the DMV have ZERO to do with legislation, constitutional law, etc. They are working at an often thankless job. Then they have to deal with yahoos like this guy.
Obfuscation. While I have no knowledge of what actually happened at the DMV (nor do you for that matter) it is YOU who are barking up the wrong tree on this. You have made assumptions ... example "Those people at the DMV have ZERO to do with legislation" ... hmmm ... they vote don't they? So much for ZERO. "They are working at an often thankless job." Maybe to you but obviously not to them ... they stay employed. "Then they have to deal with yahoos" ... do you know who the yahoo's were? Obviously not since you are being derogatory about them.

HISTORY LESSON

A yahoo is the name given to the supply wagon drivers in the old west. They were the hero's who brought in all the outside supplies to the land-locked settlers. They were exceedingly well liked and respected.

I stand by my comment about your opinion. Additionally I am growing weary of your attempt to create/continue a fight.

El Nox

Old 01-21-2016, 10:18 AM

5,162 posts, read 4,486,283 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Nox View Post
Yet again ... YOUR OPINION. Maybe you have some court case. I seem to remember something about a "right" in the Constitution about gay marriage.
Are you saying that a USMC Baseball cap is a religious item? I can see some possible problems with this.

Old 01-21-2016, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
Are you saying that a USMC Baseball cap is a religious item? I can see some possible problems with this.
Read carefully and don't try to put your words in my mouth which, as you say "I can see some possible problems with".

El Nox
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events