Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2016, 08:37 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,263,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
Why they even bother to get out of the radio car in the hood is beyond me.
I am not sure they do. That's why we have open drug marts in Philly.

Old 01-24-2016, 04:09 AM

2,055 posts, read 1,447,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoot N Annie View Post
As many times as you have posted this same link, I'm beginning to think you are a 'one-trick pony'. I think we've gotten the message. BTW ... this link tells the 'whole one-side' of the story ... but then I've told you that before.

El Nox

Old 01-24-2016, 05:41 AM

8,886 posts, read 4,576,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Nox View Post
As many times as you have posted this same link, I'm beginning to think you are a 'one-trick pony'. I think we've gotten the message. BTW ... this link tells the 'whole one-side' of the story ... but then I've told you that before.

El Nox
Posted it twice. I'm old and I forget. As for one-sided, the video wasn't taken by the fella on the bike. And the biker did prevail in court. Not sure how you can defend the cop, (a) running into the bike with his cruiser (b) having weapon drawn and then kicking the biker.

One trick indeed. I don't have a pony.

Have a nice day, Mahalo

Old 01-24-2016, 08:52 AM

1,275 posts, read 3,414,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernTiger099 View Post
Miami Gardens...i'm not surprised. Most of that place is a swirling toilet.

It's sad that the cop got shot, and i hope the jackass that did it is prosecuted to the law's fullest extent.
I grew up a county north of there and lived in that area until I moved a thousand miles away two years ago. I can attest that it is a toilet bowl, make that a port-o-potty after the county fair. I was never so happy as the day I put south Florida in my rear view mirror! Crime and violence are the norm there sadly so I am not surprised this would happen.

HootnAnnie, that video you posted was disgusting. I can't believe that cop wasn't terminated immediately, truly disgusting and disturbing.

Old 01-24-2016, 09:16 AM

4,902 posts, read 4,213,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Percentage View Post
Glad the officer didn't die but hope we level the playing field by recruiting a jury of the perps sympathizers that way he can walk free for committing a horrible crime; much like those done by corrupt blood thirsty killer cops...on a regular basis. This won't be a popular response but it had to be said. Tired of hearing the reverse scenarial passed as the norm.
You may get what you wish for . I notice there are no demonstrations in the streets or building burnings because this innocent cop was shot.

Old 01-24-2016, 10:44 AM

2,495 posts, read 4,356,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by longneckone View Post
You may get what you wish for . I notice there are no demonstrations in the streets or building burnings because this innocent cop was shot.
Quit projecting your daftness on me. Its funny how the word innocent only gets tossed around when the victim is non-civilian.

Old 01-24-2016, 01:19 PM

4,902 posts, read 4,213,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Percentage View Post
Quit projecting your daftness on me. Its funny how the word innocent only gets tossed around when the victim is non-civilian.
There are innocents on both sides. However some of us do not burn buildings.

Old 01-24-2016, 01:42 PM

2,495 posts, read 4,356,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by longneckone View Post
There are innocents on both sides. However some of us do not burn buildings.
course not, "we" just shoot and kill people and get away with it on a technicality! You're definitely barking up the wrong tree. I speak the truth irrespective of race, religion or that hateful racist noise "some of us" call an argument.

Last edited by Percentage; 01-24-2016 at 02:17 PM..

Old 01-24-2016, 01:43 PM

393 posts, read 359,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime69 View Post
Look, im not a massive fan of cops and I am somewhat suspicious of them, however these cop ambushes are INSANE... This needs to stop. I feel like American society is slowly crumbling. Between the crazy bi-polar politics...the awful race relations...cop ambushes... mass shootings every other month... It's like wtf?
I knew someone a couple of decades ago who told me it began with the end of common civility. You see it in television programs and people who don't move to the side of the sidewalk to let others pass...little things like that slowly blossom into what we have now...even people who once were respected cops, teachers, doctors (in part because they acted respectably) don't even hold themselves to a standard as a role model. When you have to tell teachers not to wear halter tops to school, you know there is a problem...no adult in charge of teaching children should need to be told that.

Old 01-24-2016, 02:05 PM

4,677 posts, read 5,765,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teckeeee View Post
I am not a cop lover.........but man with things getting worse who really needs that BS for what 60k a year and a pension......if you make it that far either due to ambush/lawsuits.
That's if you get promoted. Around here, you start for $28k to $43k depending on the department and are capped at $58k. (We no longer have steps, COLAs, or merit raises, so you are unlikely to reach the cap). Have to make sergeant to make more than that.
This officer was not killed though, so what happens to him does not count as a "danger". We only compare deaths between careers to tally "danger".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events