Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2016, 07:53 AM

2,953 posts, read 2,900,805 times

Advertisements

Why don't they just rename it Thug Life Matters?

Old 02-17-2016, 07:57 AM

28,670 posts, read 18,788,917 times
I think there is a lot of agenda-ridden rhetoric in that story as well. Outrage peddlers.

Agendas abound all around, and all allow assumption of anxiety.

Old 02-17-2016, 07:59 AM

4,686 posts, read 6,139,412 times
Dear some clueless people on here:

Black Lives Matter is bringing attention to the unfair treatment blacks receive by the cops vs others races that are guilty of the same crime.

The main point is if a black person, white person, asian, etc all committed the same crime, the cops have no problem shooting and killing the black person, even though the other races mouthed off to the cops as well. All they(BLM) are looking for a a fair treatment like the other races. If you stole a car or cigarettes, you should go to jail and trial like the next man, not be gunned down....Its that simple, just fair treatment is what the main goal of BLM is about. Sadly there are a few fools in the BLM movement who are very disrespectful or trouble makers

Dont get me wrong though, if you decided to fight or challenge a cop, you deserve a bullet no matter what race you are and many black folks need to realize to STHU when dealing with the cops, as it is easier to be alive and file a complaint than be shot dead by a trigger happy cop, who at the same time deals with the worst of the worst in society daily, so he might just be on edge naturally.

Old 02-17-2016, 08:02 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
I support BLM because there obviously is a very real problem between AAs and how they are treated by the police. But I am losing respect for them when I see stories like this. What really turned me off was the comments after the terrorist attacks in France. Suddenly that was front page news and the protests at the University of Missouri were pushed back because it was now old news. BLM members were incredibly disrespectful to the shooting victims with their comments.

But again an entire movement should not be defined by the actions of a few idiots.
The problem these types seem to be what the group is made of.......they were in charge of helping Beyoncé promote her message. Look up the interview of the two women claiming responsibility for this Super Bowl stunt. There is a picture of a women behind these two women, wearing a burka, how does one support this when in reality it's required religious wear or is it submissive wear? Is this "burka" also a stand for BLM in the future?

I wonder what message was sent and why did they ask a stranger if he supported BLM, then to turn around and beat him up? Let's see if any of these BLM members pay back the $400.00 that these misunderstood people took.

Old 02-17-2016, 08:10 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,977,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TennValleyDuuude View Post
BLM promotes division....
Yep, and the powerful people love it! Get people focused on the race thing, so more jobs can be shipped overseas, more catering to the banking industry that is sucking everyone dry and more. It is what it is and there is no stopping it.

Old 02-17-2016, 08:12 AM

185 posts, read 242,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
The problem these types seem to be what the group is made of.......they were in charge of helping Beyoncé promote her message. Look up the interview of the two women claiming responsibility for this Super Bowl stunt. There is a picture of a women behind these two women, wearing a burka, how does one support this when in reality it's required religious wear or is it submissive wear? Is this "burka" also a stand for BLM in the future?

I wonder what message was sent and why did they ask a stranger if he supported BLM, then to turn around and beat him up? Let's see if any of these BLM members pay back the $400.00 that these misunderstood people took.
This is why I can't see BLM as legit, it encourages this kind of unproductive conversation from the "other side". I'm not a conspiracy theorist but there are a few powerful people that benefit from movements like this that divide the general public, this has been implemented and well documented in the past.

Old 02-17-2016, 08:16 AM

28,670 posts, read 18,788,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post

There was a conference room full of white men in suits who ultimately approved the Super Bowl halftime show.

Old 02-17-2016, 08:16 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,173,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
They're teenage thugs who used a phrase as an excuse to commit a robbery. Had the term "black lives matter" not been coined, they would have used another approach. They're criminals. Nothing more, nothing less. They need to be in jail. This has little to nothing to do with BLM.
Either it's a slow news week or it's just been too long since C-D whined about BLM.

Ironically, speaking of "old news".

Old 02-17-2016, 08:21 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,117,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
These aren't "BLM representatives." These are a group of young teenage thugs who used the words of a movement as a backbone to commit their crime: aggravated robbery and assault.

Them asking the man if he believed "black lives matter" doesn't make them representative of those who originally started the movement. Is the Klan's praise of God and Jesus representative of all Christians? Are all Christians racist, hateful people just because a select group of lunatics use certain words to support their agenda?
+1 Too much silliness in this thread.

How does "They asked me if I believe that black lives matter" make them members of BLM or even BLM sympathizers?

Remember those fools in Boston that beat up a Hispanic homeless guy while saying something like "this is for Mr. Trump" or whatever? Do we know if they are Trump supporters? Do we know if their support of Mr. Trump is the reason for their assault? Do we know anything? Is it just pure conjecture?

C'mon.

Mick

Old 02-17-2016, 08:22 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,117,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansProof View Post
Why don't they just rename it Thug Life Matters?
Let's be honest, White Life Matter is better.

Mick
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events