Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2016, 06:06 PM

469 posts, read 399,406 times

Advertisements

They say they just want to know if these folks were in touch with other terrorists. I keep wondering why they don't just go to the cell phone service provider and get the call/text records. Maybe this has already been addressed in the prior 36 pages.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2016, 07:23 PM

4,713 posts, read 3,482,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Just because you don't care doesn't mean everyone shouldn't care.

What about Apple pay people ?
What about businesses with sensitive email/voicemail/customer lists ?

Others have all their financial info on there with passwords for banks, brokerages, etc.
Did you read the rest of his post?!

Old 02-22-2016, 08:54 PM

175 posts, read 460,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post

Are you willing to give up all your rights on the slim possibility that it "may","might" stop something later?....
Don't have the time to read the entire thread but I found this question interesting. The reason I do is the Patriot Act. Hopefully people have learned from this and side with Apple.

Old 02-22-2016, 08:56 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,319,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeHa View Post
Does no one read the article anymore?

The FBI wants a "key" to "unlock" an iPhone, that "key" does not exist. They are asking for Apple to make them a "key" that doesn't exist.

Requiring them to do this is a slippery slope I'm not going down. If the FBI can force a company to make something they don't want to make, that's way too much government intrusion.
What "key" are we talking about here? My 4 digit passcode to unlock the screen or is there another key?What do people do if they forget their pin today? Get a court order and take it to Apple? I am almost certain there is a way to reset your pin. It is also said that some clerk reset the iCloud password. How did they do that if they could't get in the phone in the first place? BTW, what happened to the vaunted NSA? They can't get into an iPhone now? What are they doing with the half dozen billions dollars a year they are spending?

Old 02-22-2016, 08:58 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,612,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
What "key" are we talking about here? My 4 digit passcode to unlock the screen or is there another key?What do people do if they forget their pin today? Get a court order and take it to Apple? I am almost certain there is a way to reset your pin. It is also said that some clerk reset the iCloud password. How did they do that if they could't get in the phone in the first place? BTW, what happened to the vaunted NSA? They can't get into an iPhone now? What are they doing with the half dozen billions dollars a year they are spending?
No there is no way to reset the password without destroying all the data.

Old 02-22-2016, 09:11 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,922,500 times
The FBI might want to offer a “reward” for any information that will lead to unlocking the Apple Iphone. All ideas and software are acceptable. I’m sure some 15 year old in the basement of his parents’ house has already cracked this problem for his own needs. ...........................

Old 02-22-2016, 09:28 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,319,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
No there is no way to reset the password without destroying all the data.
I guess the FBI didn't see this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbJksp5HqNw

Old 02-22-2016, 09:28 PM

1,598 posts, read 1,061,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
The FBI might want to offer a “reward” for any information that will lead to unlocking the Apple Iphone. All ideas and software are acceptable. I’m sure some 15 year old in the basement of his parents’ house has already cracked this problem for his own needs. ...........................
or not, a million dollar bounty was offered for an exploit because iOS is so hard to crack. And this was for an exploit - i.e. getting the phone user to visit a website. Cracking the phone itself without knowing the passcode is another extra layer on top of that

Old 02-22-2016, 09:39 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,411,740 times
fbi is not looking for the code to unlock one i phone, they want the code to unlock all of them, whenever they want, any i phone, whenever.

Old 02-22-2016, 09:46 PM

1,598 posts, read 1,061,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
I guess the FBI didn't see this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbJksp5HqNw
That's for an old version of the iOS
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events