Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2016, 04:21 PM

343 posts, read 317,031 times

Advertisements

It makes ashamed to be human. What bothers me though, is that even though the dolphin died, those idiots still kept passing it around and taking pictures of it....technology and society today has taken away our ability to connect and respect the natural world we come from.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2016, 04:30 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,850,298 times
Angry *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25
A rare baby dolphin has died on the beach after selfish tourists pulled it from the ocean so they could take selfies with it.
Stupid sheepish idiots!

PROBABLY PUT THE PICS ON FACEDORK RIGHT??

Bunch of losers....... Poor dolphin

Old 02-18-2016, 04:45 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,139,352 times
Very upsetting story. The people who did this will no doubt go back to posting photos of their food and themselves on FB, and instagram every five minutes like nothing happened. This is what happens when people think the whole world revolves around them. Selfish and cruel. All for a photo. This is why intelligent life, If out there and aware of our existence will not come calling.

Old 02-18-2016, 04:51 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,537,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiangirl_2015 View Post
This makes me absolutely ill. Will the stupidity/cruelty of people towards animals never end? And what bugs me more is there wasn't one person out of all those people who said something, who cared? If I was there, you can bet I would have tried to stop this.
I agree. Every time I think we can't get any lower ~ we do.

Old 02-18-2016, 06:18 PM

11,349 posts, read 16,711,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainHi View Post
It's the obsession with camera-phones. Everything's about snapping a pic or taking a vid, these days, instead of rescuing humans in distress or respecting nature.
So true and it's disgusting how narcissist society has become,

Old 02-18-2016, 06:33 PM

2,071 posts, read 2,211,085 times
I am doubting the "Tourist" claim. They look like they are from Argentina to me.

Old 02-18-2016, 06:49 PM

24,124 posts, read 32,491,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
A rare baby dolphin has died on the beach after selfish tourists pulled it from the ocean so they could take selfies with it.

Shocking footage from Santa Teresita beach in Buenos Aires, Argentina, shows the body of the marine mammal lying motionless on the floor as dozens of people surround it.

The Franciscana dolphin had been passed around between sun worshippers while they took out their phones and posed for pictures.

Baby Dolphin Dies After Tourists Pass It Around For Selfies

How cruel can people get in this world? I hope the people that did this go to prison.
People are so selfish, and "selfies" are out of hand.

Old 02-18-2016, 06:54 PM

8,340 posts, read 6,790,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post

Shocking footage from Santa Teresita beach in Buenos Aires, Argentina, shows the body of the marine mammal lying motionless on the floor as dozens of people surround it.

The Franciscana dolphin had been passed around between sun worshippers while they took out their phones and posed for pictures.

Baby Dolphin Dies After Tourists Pass It Around For Selfies

How cruel can people get in this world? I hope the people that did this go to prison.
If they pulled it from the surf, then it's VERY possible that it was already dead or near death. Assuming that it was easily "Plucked" from the water ignores conventional wisdom.

Old 02-18-2016, 06:59 PM

7,736 posts, read 4,991,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disgustedman View Post
If they pulled it from the surf, then it's VERY possible that it was already dead or near death. Assuming that it was easily "Plucked" from the water ignores conventional wisdom.
Apparently it was alive and it was in shallow water. Then the monkeys grabbed it to take pics

Old 02-18-2016, 07:15 PM

6,864 posts, read 12,082,060 times
There is a pod of Dolphins in Sarasota Bay. One of the Dolphins was known as 'Beggar' because he knew if he went to a boat, he would be fed. It is now illegal to play with, harass, or feed Dolphins. Get caught and you can be arrested and fined.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events