Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2016, 09:54 AM

7,736 posts, read 4,997,571 times

Advertisements

A rare baby dolphin has died on the beach after selfish tourists pulled it from the ocean so they could take selfies with it.

Shocking footage from Santa Teresita beach in Buenos Aires, Argentina, shows the body of the marine mammal lying motionless on the floor as dozens of people surround it.

The Franciscana dolphin had been passed around between sun worshippers while they took out their phones and posed for pictures.

Baby Dolphin Dies After Tourists Pass It Around For Selfies

How cruel can people get in this world? I hope the people that did this go to prison.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2016, 09:58 AM

4,320 posts, read 5,144,261 times
They look more like locals than "tourists" to me. No need to villify tourists who often are way ahead of the curve on environmental matters. But gosh, it's flagrant stupidity and selfishness.

Old 02-18-2016, 10:00 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,659,816 times
Humans can be despicable.

Instead of dolphins saving humans from sharks, they are going to start leading sharks to the humans.

They may be just smart enough to do that. I wouldn't blame them.

Old 02-18-2016, 10:46 AM

7,736 posts, read 4,997,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Humans can be despicable.

Instead of dolphins saving humans from sharks, they are going to start leading sharks to the humans.

They may be just smart enough to do that. I wouldn't blame them.
What makes it worst, is the dolphin was endangered.

Humanity always takes anything that is good and finds a way to destroy it.

Old 02-18-2016, 11:52 AM

2,575 posts, read 2,082,012 times
Oh man, this breaks my heart. Just seeing it lay there lifeless How did they thinking taking it out of the water, into the sun, was a good idea?! Common sense, people

Old 02-18-2016, 12:31 PM

5,649 posts, read 5,974,834 times
Just when you think people couldnt get any dumber. I swear, IQ's get lower and lower with each passing generation.

Old 02-18-2016, 03:52 PM

888 posts, read 556,378 times
This makes me absolutely ill. Will the stupidity/cruelty of people towards animals never end? And what bugs me more is there wasn't one person out of all those people who said something, who cared? If I was there, you can bet I would have tried to stop this.

Old 02-18-2016, 04:08 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,131,677 times
RIP. Very cruel.

But I am also disturbed that animal cruelty elicits WAY more outrage than deaths of starving children in Africa.

Mick

Old 02-18-2016, 04:08 PM

964 posts, read 996,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
A rare baby dolphin has died on the beach after selfish tourists pulled it from the ocean so they could take selfies with it.

Shocking footage from Santa Teresita beach in Buenos Aires, Argentina, shows the body of the marine mammal lying motionless on the floor as dozens of people surround it.

The Franciscana dolphin had been passed around between sun worshippers while they took out their phones and posed for pictures.

Baby Dolphin Dies After Tourists Pass It Around For Selfies

How cruel can people get in this world? I hope the people that did this go to prison.
It's the obsession with camera-phones. Everything's about snapping a pic or taking a vid, these days, instead of rescuing humans in distress or respecting nature.

Old 02-18-2016, 04:18 PM

16,216 posts, read 11,353,547 times
I have to point out that the more-strident among the animal-rights and environmental advocacies sometimes have no more realistic a concept of how things "go down" out there in the real world than do the people of whom they want to sit in judgment.

The emergence of environmental concerns is a very recent event in the broader scope of human history, and it is concentrated within the middle and upper classes of the industrialized nations. It also tends to emphasize its concerns only among those with whom it is in agreement. Incidents like this probably take place a lot more often than is recognized, but there is no legal mechanism to prevent them, and probably no way to create one.

It has happened before, and so has the outrage:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/natur...s-hold-up.html

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 02-18-2016 at 05:19 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events