Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2016, 10:55 AM

22,146 posts, read 33,639,819 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyLillyLilly View Post
If the corporation wants to encourage people to ring up separate drinks, then I guess they better hire more employees to take care of the extra work.
Lol. How much DO you want to pay for a cup of coffee? You understand they hire more employees means more overhead. And cists get passed on. So if you want a 10-15 dollar cup of coffee yeah hiring more employees to ring up customers makes sense. Of course there won't be any rewards programs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime69 View Post
Oh, listen everyone! We have an enlightened soul here!!!! Listen up!
Anyone that drinks starbucks is "dumb"

Says the guy who probably can't afford to drink Starbucks...

*sips my iced grande soy latte
Are you posting here from the free wifi at your local Starbucks?
How many stars do you need to get your "Starbucks for life" tattoo?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2016, 10:58 AM

3,658 posts, read 2,572,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
Lol. How much DO you want to pay for a cup of coffee? You understand they hire more employees means more overhead. And cists get passed on. So if you want a 10-15 dollar cup of coffee yeah hiring more employees to ring up customers makes sense. Of course there won't be any rewards programs.

Are you posting here from the free wifi at your local Starbucks?
How many stars do you need to get your "Starbucks for life" tattoo?
The tattoo is free after you have ordered your 10,000th iced grande soy latte. I actually don't think I could order that drink with a straight face.

Old 02-26-2016, 10:59 AM

40 posts, read 42,919 times
I know a great rewards program that gives you 100% return on your money.

It's the "Don't buy coffee" program which I have been lifetime member.

Old 02-26-2016, 12:05 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,951,328 times
I travel full time for work. Starbucks is damn near a staple part of my diet. I'm quite certain I alone drive the price of their stock up. I'll keep going there despite the changes (and any other airport coffee shop I come across).

Old 02-26-2016, 12:06 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,663,991 times
Could be much worse. They could give you nothing! Not many businesses give you free products for shopping with them. Can't say Walmart, Target, or Wegmans ever have. Neither did the Dodge dealership where I spent over $50K on a vehicle....not even a free oil change. And here are people complaining that they're no longer getting a free coffee after they buy 20 coffees.....seriously?

Talk about First World Problems! If this is the biggest problem in your life, consider yourself lucky! You can afford Starbucks so chances are you have plenty of food at home and no one is hungry. You're out buying coffee so you're not living hooked up to machines that are breathing for you. You get out of the house and aren't a shut in. So what's all this fuss over coffee?

Old 02-26-2016, 01:49 PM

31,988 posts, read 27,135,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ackmondual View Post
A café I visited had signs asking patrons to please show respect and to NOT sleep on the sofas.

More than one establishment of food, beverages, and drinks have done the math, and know a range of numbers pertaining to turnover, and how many customers they need to serve per table.

Quite a fascinating business indeed.

At the end of the day, they don't turn off the Wifi? That'd be the way to shoo them.

Don't know why SB just doesn't secure their systems, but again it is an open secret at least here in NYC. Any hour of the day or night in all kinds of weather you can find persons sitting/standing outside a Starbucks on their phone, tablet, laptop or other device.

Know of persons who live in the same building or near a Starbucks who can access their Wifi from the comfort of their own homes. They just set their device to pick up any open/unsecured WiFi and off they go.

NYC is rolling out free WiFi as part of the current administrations "equality" scheme. The kiosks are replacing pay phones which hardly no one except drug dealers and prostitutes use anymore. Will be interesting to see if this puts a dent in people using SB's network.

Old 02-26-2016, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss20ts View Post
Could be much worse. They could give you nothing! Not many businesses give you free products for shopping with them. Can't say Walmart, Target, or Wegmans ever have. Neither did the Dodge dealership where I spent over $50K on a vehicle....not even a free oil change. And here are people complaining that they're no longer getting a free coffee after they buy 20 coffees.....seriously?

Talk about First World Problems! If this is the biggest problem in your life, consider yourself lucky! You can afford Starbucks so chances are you have plenty of food at home and no one is hungry. You're out buying coffee so you're not living hooked up to machines that are breathing for you. You get out of the house and aren't a shut in. So what's all this fuss over coffee?

No, worse would be switching to the Plenti scheme.

Old 02-26-2016, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime69 View Post
Oh, listen everyone! We have an enlightened soul here!!!! Listen up!
Anyone that drinks starbucks is "dumb"

Says the guy who probably can't afford to drink Starbucks...

*sips my iced grande soy latte
Don't think SB customers are "dumb", just perhaps taken in by a culture promoted and grew out of the Seattle coffee scene (remember Frasier?) and has been heavily marketed the world round ever since.

Remember back in the 1980's, the era of "greed is good" and "preppies & WASPS" that the whole Starbucks thing began to take off. It was sort of like driving a BMW, drinking Perrier, and the rest of the status seeking culture.

Then you had "Friends" and other shows that glorified turning a local coffee bar into one's local "spot" where everybody knew your name. Our parents and grand parents had local bars to hit after work or whatever, tail end boomers and the rest went to Starbucks.

Personally have not then nor now get SB. Their coffees except for a few are over roasted, acidic and usually give me stomach problems. Only drink the stuff when out on the road and need something to keep me awake. Sad thing is that SBs rapid expansion pretty much killed off local independent coffee places. So now they pretty much are the only game in town.

Old 02-26-2016, 02:02 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,776,228 times
Quote:

^^^^ good points to think about.

Old 02-26-2016, 02:41 PM

5,512 posts, read 4,488,708 times
Quote:

Ask C-D to open a "3rd world problems" section to the message boards. Then you can talk about the more important things like users getting their feet blown up by land mines, what MP3's they're listening to, and how they don't have money nor access to a computer with internet to post on to C-D
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events