Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2016, 09:30 AM

8,886 posts, read 4,585,685 times

Advertisements

It is amusing, I guess, to read the wildly different conclusions made by folks who look at the same video. Hence the old Russian expression that "he's lying like an eye witness".....

No, I did not watch the video. I don't care.

Old 03-04-2016, 09:43 AM

3,658 posts, read 2,564,653 times
What if a child was walking by and the dog ran up to him or her? Why is a dog allowed to run loose like that? Don't get me wrong, the cop should of handled it differently but I blame the owner as well for not having her dog confined.

Old 03-04-2016, 10:01 AM

2,333 posts, read 2,000,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
When are stupid people going to get the message that fences and leashes are their dogs' best friend?

Stupid people letting their dogs run loose in the neighborhood, crap happens.

I challenge anyone to find a person who loves animals, especially dogs, more than me, but come on, people! Nothing good is going to come of letting your dog have free reign.
THIS dog was not only on their property, he was close to the house. The deputy was on the homeowner's property. Not running loose in the neighborhood, not at all.

If I were to go to that home, and that dog was acting protective, and then I shot the dog, I think that sheriff would arrest me. If that is the case, then the deputy is in the wrong. Police have a job, but they are not special because of it - we don't live under a military junta.

Old 03-04-2016, 10:20 AM

19,724 posts, read 10,131,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiero2 View Post
we don't live under a military junta.
Sometimes, I'm not so sure.

Old 03-04-2016, 10:24 AM

19,848 posts, read 12,110,307 times
The gofundme page has a little more information. The house is set back 300 feet. The officer was investigating a shot fired .5 mile away in the opposite direction. I usually give officers the benefit of the doubt until evidence proves contrary. There is video from a home surveillance camera. I am surprised the dog is going to make it. He has a long road ahead of him and will need surgery. The gofundme page is at over half the estimated cost. The family is hoping the county reimburses his medical costs, in which case they will move the money to a fund for families who cannot afford emergency vet bills.

Old 03-04-2016, 11:54 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,850,298 times
Angry *

Quote:
Originally Posted by justanokie
ridiculous.

How can you excuse just shooting someones dog then leaving it there bleeding out.
Most cops are evil scumbags!!

Old 03-04-2016, 11:55 AM

14,375 posts, read 18,380,912 times
From looking closely at the video, it looks like this wasn't a dog in a neighborhood but a dog that was free-roaming on a sizeable property with a long driveway and a bunch of vehicles. That's kind of what country people do. So yeah, they leave the dog loose to protect the property. It's not something I'd ever do with my dogs (I'm way too paranoid), but it's not exactly uncommon in the type of area where this took place.

If the cop had been pullling up in a neighborhood and a dog ran out into the street at him, I wouldn't have a problem with the shooting. But this was apparently a dog on its own property. The first thing I do when I pull up to a rural property where I don't know the residents is ascertain if there are any dogs around. This is just common freakin' sense. If there ARE dogs around, I stay in the damn car and honk my horn. If you're a cop and feel the need to get out of the vehicle, have your pepper spray ready - almost everyone in this kind of living situation has a loose dog roaming on the property. It's just a common-sense precaution.

But what I have a big problem with either way is the fact that they just left the dog bleeding there. The deputy didn't drive to a neighbor's house and let them know. He didn't contact a vet (I'm assuming there were no animal control officers in the area). He didn't try to catch the dog. He didn't stay in his car to wait for the owners to return.

Glad the dog survived though.

Old 03-04-2016, 01:30 PM

8,340 posts, read 6,790,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justanokie View Post
Family finds dog bleeding from gunshot wound on front porch - KJRH.com

ridiculous.

How can you excuse just shooting someones dog then leaving it there bleeding out.
Sad excuse for a cop, sometimes the BG checks don't find everything about a candidate....Hate to hear the guy has kids/mate/animals.

Old 03-04-2016, 01:30 PM

8,869 posts, read 16,323,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
When are stupid people going to get the message that fences and leashes are their dogs' best friend?

Stupid people letting their dogs run loose in the neighborhood, crap happens.

I challenge anyone to find a person who loves animals, especially dogs, more than me, but come on, people! Nothing good is going to come of letting your dog have free reign.
The dog in question was IN a fenced yard. We have also recently had a story about an officer who shot a dog who was in a crate. How do you feel threatened by a caged animal? I'm not even a pet owner and I find these stories horrific. Most dog owners do NOT let their pets run wild and any officer who "feels threatened" enough to kill an animal that is fenced, leashed, or inside its owner's house shouldn't be wearing a badge.

Old 03-04-2016, 02:11 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,639,515 times
They have been doing this for many decades.

The only thing new is video.

VIDEO is busting wide open the many decades of lies told by cops who think their gun is the answer to every situation.

Cops are being faced with a new reality. Many of them are very angry and upset because for the first time in their careers there is a real chance they will be held accountable for their abuses.

I am truly delighted to see some limited justice beginning to take hold. It will take time, but in the end video is going to end these abusive practices.

The US police are among the most vicious forces in the developed world. They pepper spray, electrocute and shoot anyone who gives them the slightest excuse. And for decades the public accepted the lie the police sold them. Now video is proving beyond doubt that the police themselves are escalating and creating many of the situations and then blaming the victims.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events