Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2016, 01:18 PM

5,718 posts, read 7,301,491 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northernest Southernest C View Post
This does not say the passengers were from Baltimore. They just departed from BWI which serves the whole Baltimore-Washington CSA.

I know. Strictly speculation about their origin/residence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2016, 01:44 PM

16,375 posts, read 10,548,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northernest Southernest C View Post
This does not say the passengers were from Baltimore. They just departed from BWI which serves the whole Baltimore-Washington CSA.

BWI may service DC but the people of DC have 2 other options. Virtually everyone from Baltimore flies out of BWI.

All totally speculation obviously. And of course most people in Baltimore doesn't fit this description. But given the storyline Dundalk does not sound out of the question.

Old 03-11-2016, 03:38 PM

2,936 posts, read 2,347,409 times
I don't understand why the flight cre didn't make the passengers turn it off.

People can be such jerks about volume. If you have headphones on and I can still hear it, it's too loud. If it's playing on your phone or through a speaker for everyone to hear. That's rude.

I would never resort to physical violence, but if they refused to turn their speaker off I would of spent the rest of flight complaining to them.

Old 03-11-2016, 05:02 PM

5,051 posts, read 3,603,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeHa View Post
I don't understand why the flight cre didn't make the passengers turn it off.

People can be such jerks about volume. If you have headphones on and I can still hear it, it's too loud. If it's playing on your phone or through a speaker for everyone to hear. That's rude.

I would never resort to physical violence, but if they refused to turn their speaker off I would of spent the rest of flight complaining to them.
There is a reason why Spirit is rated the #1 Worst airline.

Old 03-11-2016, 05:49 PM

3,016 posts, read 3,924,840 times
Most stuff like this can be avoided by just flying at night. Late at night.

The last three times I have flown, I always booked flights at night. I had to go from Seattle to New York on a trip and left Seattle at 12:05 am, the plane was not full and both seats next to me were empty. It's called Melatonin. A great natural supplement that induces sleep. Woke up 5+ hours later to a quiet, well behaved plane, approaching LaGuardia airport.

Old 03-11-2016, 06:39 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,548,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1984 View Post
Greyhound of the sky...bet it beats the standard in-flight entertainment.
Yep Ghetto Airways

Old 03-11-2016, 11:41 PM

743 posts, read 770,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
I doubt it. Just more of a lowlife bus crowd acting in their normal fashion. When I was young people used to dress nicely on flights. Did you see all the sweat paints on that flight? Goodness, how classless, butt that is todays society. No wonder why first class is in such demand. Just to get a little away from those type of folks.

I will say this looks more like some pushing match and really not some big deal as far as the violence goes. Probably just a chick fight.
What's the big deal if people dress comfortably for a flight? I wear jeans, sneakers and t-shirts when I fly.

Old 03-12-2016, 04:40 AM

8,424 posts, read 4,419,822 times
I dunno ... difficult situation .... I hate it when someone in a car has music blasting ..,,, not sure what I would do if it was in a plane.

Maybe ask them to turn it off. If they refused, yank it from their hands, take out the batteries and give it back, tell them I would give the batteries back when we got off the plane. If they attack me, well, self defense you know.

Old 03-12-2016, 06:53 AM

2,936 posts, read 2,347,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
I doubt it. Just more of a lowlife bus crowd acting in their normal fashion. When I was young people used to dress nicely on flights. Did you see all the sweat paints on that flight? Goodness, how classless, butt that is todays society. No wonder why first class is in such demand. Just to get a little away from those type of folks.

I will say this looks more like some pushing match and really not some big deal as far as the violence goes. Probably just a chick fight.
First class is in demand because the coach seats keep getting smaller, they nickel and dime you for EVERYTHING now, the rise in obesity has presented a HUGE problem with people not fitting and spilling over onto the next seat and don't forget that if you recline the tray table behind you can't be used and that's lead to fights and emergency landing.

As for not dressing up, flying used to be a "luxury" experience. The way people are packed in like sardines, I only wear comfy clothes like yoga pants a t-shirt and a sweatshirt. I also wear the same things if I fly private.

Old 03-12-2016, 07:35 AM

7,100 posts, read 6,029,030 times
Freakin idiots. They should be banned from flying that airline ever again. You act like an idiot, there needs to be a fitting punishment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events