Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2016, 06:46 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,945,607 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinking about texas View Post
toward the gun that was a couple body lengths away when there were two armed officers with guns pointed on him between him and the gun. Sure, that justifies it. simply bending down and restraining the man while the other officer kicks the gun even further away or just picks it up certainly wasn't the right thing to do here. the boy (28 is still a boy) had to be shot.
Well, apparently you have better training then police do to make that judgement, in the heat of the moment. You should be teaching courses!

28 is a boy? Give me a break. At that age I was on my third house, both my kids were born, I was managing a large department with over 30 people in it spread over a number of jurisdictions, and on the local school board.

28 is a boy? Give me a break.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2016, 08:04 PM
gg gg started this thread

26,137 posts, read 26,039,632 times
Quote:
so just because he's a few years older than a teen now it's ok for him to get shot while unarmed and laying on the ground.
I guess it is. Sorry for using the word "teen"! The world must come to an end!

He IS laying on the ground and at that point the battle was over. He shouldn't have been shot again. We need less cops with "high and tights" and more cops with brains. GEEZ!!!!!!!!

Old 03-13-2016, 08:20 PM

3,762 posts, read 5,433,926 times
Quote:
if the criminal was black then the officer would be on death row by now. But because the criminal was white he "gets a pass".

What a load

Old 03-13-2016, 10:10 PM

2,261 posts, read 1,143,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post
That's their job. It's their duty to stop armed fleeing suspects. Otherwise, all any criminal would have to do is run the other way, and the cops throw up their arms and say, "Oh, shoots. They're running away instead of staying here to be arrested. Darn it."

They didn't shoot to kill. Once on the ground, he was still armed, and still trying to get up to flee instead of obeying commands to stay on the ground. They shot him in the leg at that point, and FINALLY the perp stayed on the ground.

Totally appropriate actions by the police. That is actually their job.
I dont know who told you that, but its wrong, and worse, very disturbing. Even the resident former cop knows this, but he wont say it. Cops cant just shoot fleeing suspects unless the suspect is running to hurt or shoot someone else. Its been made law. If cops were allowed to do this willy nilly, all those suspects running from the LAPD on camera could be shot, every day. Thats why the cop in South Carolina is getting charged with murder. You can read this:

http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/10/us/sou...-deadly-force/

Of course the cops can lie and say the suspect was running towards another officer to hide the mistake. But police never lie, do they? Only before the video comes out, such as in the case where Sandra Blands arresting officer was caught lying, or they just wanted to get rid of him.

I know you like seeing people die at the hands of the police, but thats not how it works. Cops cant just kill people to avoid a footchase, or because hes a career criminal. Jesus you guys will believe anything they tell you.

Last edited by Harry Hemi; 03-13-2016 at 10:26 PM..

Old 03-15-2016, 01:28 PM

51,010 posts, read 24,507,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
...Even the title is inflammatory
So is shooting someone unnecessarily.

Old 03-15-2016, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
Excuse me "notmeofficer" I know you are a cop and support them regardless. I am not a cop hater. I teach civilians to defend themselves with firearms. I am just saying that a civilian would be charged in this case. Someone several feet from a gun on the ground is VERY questionable as to if they are a deadly threat. Pretty much, for civilians someone without a gun in their hand is NOT an IMMEDIATE deadly threat.

So why do cops get to execute unarmed people? Cops do not get to shoot first and ask questions later any mire than civilians can.

Believe me, I'd like a "shoot on sight" law as much as anyone. "So n so was runnng away with my tv, so I shot him in the back. " It would stop crime. But we can't do that. Neither can cops.
I think answer (I mean excuse) is that shooting a man is easiest.

Old 03-15-2016, 02:03 PM

Quote:
if the criminal was black then the officer would be on death row by now. But because the criminal was white he "gets a pass".
Recent history would prove you wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events