Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2016, 07:48 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,568,438 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post

So what I would like to know, is do these jammers work in traffic? Because I would love one at rush hour to make the jerk in front of me go on green.

Yep, they sure do, trust me. Good from 50 feet to 100 feet or more, depending on the power rating. Also at that high frequency, a car door or glass won't stop the signal. Looks like an older cell phone itself, with a nubby antenna and fits in a shirt pocket. People have no clue as to what happened. They get a "No Signal" until your out of range.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2016, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
Are YOU outraged enough to start a petition drive to have Farraday Cages installed wherever you don't want radio waves?

Heck no. Would just use a Jammer when its required. Its range is limited to a hundred feet or so, and that would never be picked up by a FCC Monitoring Station, and you would be gone by the time anyone got there if it was possible, which it isn't, since your not using a Tower. Your directly jamming the phone.

Old 03-17-2016, 08:52 PM

15,293 posts, read 17,671,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
Yep, they sure do, trust me. Good from 50 feet to 100 feet or more, depending on the power rating. Also at that high frequency, a car door or glass won't stop the signal. Looks like an older cell phone itself, with a nubby antenna and fits in a shirt pocket. People have no clue as to what happened. They get a "No Signal" until your out of range.
Some of them work by feeding the outgoing signal back on the incoming signal, so the person talking just hears their own voice. There's a signal, they just can't use the phone.

Old 03-17-2016, 11:53 PM

4,525 posts, read 3,403,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
Oh, Waaaaaaaaa.

lol
Translation: I have no other comeback, so I'm resorting to a childish "waaaaaa" insult.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
My idea of a cell phone "Jammer" is one where you would need to go to the hospital to have your cell phone removed from where it was jammed.

They should be banned from public transportation, and anyone caught driving and talking should pay a 1000 dollar fine on first offense, 5,000 and 6 months jail time for the second offense.
Even the ones who are simply minding their own business on their cell phone not being a nuisance to anyone?

Old 03-18-2016, 03:45 AM

2,495 posts, read 4,356,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Man.

I want one.
To be arrested?

Old 03-18-2016, 10:14 AM

20,958 posts, read 45,383,992 times
Not supporting jammers, but absolutely those who think the rest of the world should accommodate their need for instant gratification in talking on the cell phone are in the wrong.

To the person above who used business as an excuse, I'm a real estate agent - they surgically install cell phones when we get our licenses! However, I don't find it necessary to conduct my clients' private business in public and foist it on others, and so far it has not damaged business whatsoever. I've found that, just like in the old days when cell phones were rare, those who do tend to be the ones who need to somehow "prove" to everyone else how important they are, when what they're really proving is what bad manners they have. Not good for business.

Old 03-18-2016, 11:00 AM

6,417 posts, read 1,427,778 times
This is a funny story, I enjoyed it, and wish that guy would come my city and jam cell phones in restaurants and bars, and the movie theatre, and public streets. I am a private person, and do not speak on my cell phone around others in public. I don't share my business and don't want to hear yours.

Old 03-18-2016, 02:28 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,616,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by woxyroxme View Post
Those should be standard equipment for every checkout operator and fast food counter employee for all the self absorbed, special snowflake losers that thinks their conversation is more important than keeping the line moving.
Be great for theatres and doctors offices.....

Old 03-18-2016, 06:45 PM

4,525 posts, read 3,403,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coastalbum View Post
This is a funny story, I enjoyed it, and wish that guy would come my city and jam cell phones in restaurants and bars, and the movie theatre, and public streets. I am a private person, and do not speak on my cell phone around others in public. I don't share my business and don't want to hear yours.
Lol, I'm typically an introvert/private person as well, but get over yourself. Besides the movie theater, the ones you listed are public places.

If you expect complete silence, then just stay home.

I agree with someone else in this thread. It's basically pure cell phone bigotry.

Old 03-18-2016, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Percentage View Post
To be arrested?

I don't think its against the Law to have one. Its against the Law to sell one or use one. You would also have as good a chance of being struck by a meteor as catching some one using a phone Jammer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events