Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2016, 05:48 PM

1,995 posts, read 2,080,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Well, there will always be the group of socially inept / angry who prefer animals and machines to people, and that group should probably do everyone a favor and stay as far away from human contact as possible.
So, if you don't make small chat with everyone you see, you are socially inept??? Just because my priority is to get something to eat, and not some obligated hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
"Burger flippers" DO deal with people. How do you think the customer actually places their order?? The Wendy's closest to me has only 3 people working. One person on the drive-thru and two people cooking and taking orders/checkout.
burger flippers are usually in the back flipping burgers.. There are order takers, burger flippers, fry cooks, cashiers, managers. I can't speak for everyone, but I HAVE NEVER been to a fast food place ANYWHERE, and had the same person who took my order make my burger. They may get frys, but not even at Whataburger at the 3 in the morning. There are separate people doing the different jobs.

P. S. I have problems believing that anyone who is handling money, is then washing there hands or using gloves to then put their hands on your food.

Old 05-16-2016, 05:53 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,638,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adriver View Post
So, if you don't make small chat with everyone you see, you are socially inept??? Just because my priority is to get something to eat, and not some obligated hello
I was just responding to your post below implying that those who like interacting with others are like that because it makes them feel special, they have a need, and should perhaps see a shrink if they want to talk to someone.

Quote:
Why? does it help you feel special? I DON'T NEED TO; say hi, hear about someone's problems, get an attitude, talk about my problems, smell someone's unbrushed mouth or smoker's breath. I go to the counter at the fast food place because its how I tell them what I want to eat.

You need to talk to someone, go get a psychologist. I just want a chicken sandwich.
If you're going to make silly suggestions about people and their motivations and personalities, don't complain when someone does the same in return.

Old 05-16-2016, 06:01 PM

Quote:
If you're going to make silly suggestions about people and their motivations and personalities, don't complain when someone does the same in return.
What is silly and socially inept is thinking that the cashier behind the counter WANTS to make small talk with you. They are working, (most likely for minimum wage), and doing it for a paycheck. They DON'T WANT to be their, the have to be their to make money. They are being cordial and polite because its required for their job. They have other things they would like to be doing too.

Old 05-16-2016, 06:23 PM

Quote:
What is silly and socially inept is thinking that the cashier behind the counter WANTS to make small talk with you. They are working, (most likely for minimum wage), and doing it for a paycheck. They DON'T WANT to be their, the have to be their to make money. They are being cordial and polite because its required for their job. They have other things they would like to be doing too.
My post went right over your head and I'll leave it at that.

Old 05-16-2016, 06:34 PM

Quote:
No, you just took it personal.

Old 05-16-2016, 06:42 PM

Quote:
No, you just took it personal.
Oh, the irony.....

Old 05-16-2016, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Oh, the irony.....

Yeah, cause I was continuing the argument, not contradicting you.

Quote:
Quote:
Oh, the irony.....

Old 05-16-2016, 10:58 PM

769 posts, read 1,016,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
When I was 15 I was working at McDonalds for minimum wage. Working at a fast food place is supposed to be an entry level job for a young person just getting into the work force. It is supposed to teach you responsibility and instill a work ethic. It is not supposed to be a career unless you get into management. So now they will go with kiosks and eventually that will cost thousands of jobs throughout this country. Then McDonalds and BK's will do the same thing. Thousands upon thousands entry level jobs will be gone.
+1

i worked in kitchen's and at car washes from age 15-19. i would never be able to land a job in any place like that today unless I spoke fluent spanish.

it's a shame that american teenagers today will never get that work experience before adulthood.

i could elaborate further on the reasons why, but i think that most of the normal adults here can clearly see what is going on in the United States today.

Old 05-17-2016, 04:33 AM

5,722 posts, read 5,805,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
Sheetz showed it is great to not deal with people when ordering. Others will follow and the CEOs will make more money. The stockholders will not make any more money, but the CEO's and his buddies will. Cut the labor down and then the CEO can buy a bigger yacht and another home in the mountains.
That's what I think, whatever money is saved just goes to the guys way at the top. It's not like they're going to give all their workers a dollar an hour raise just because they're saving a few bucks. It just makes the fat cats at the top a little fatter. It's all going to happen anyway but it just ticks me off how they try and spin it. It has nothing to do with the customer or the employees either one. It's about the fat cats.

Old 05-17-2016, 07:17 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,979,743 times
Quote:
Well, there will always be the group of socially inept / angry who prefer animals and machines to people, and that group should probably do everyone a favor and stay as far away from human contact as possible.
Agreed. Here in Texas, people are generally (not always) friendly and polite. When I go for fast food, unless they are total jerks, which is rare, I am always nice to the person at the counter. They are usually nice back. I ask them "How are you?" And tell them "Please" and "Thank you." I don't order them around like they are sub-humans because they are not. Not only that, I don't for a minute assume that someone with a low paying job is unskilled or doesn't work as hard as someone who gets paid more. All it means is that they are low paid. Consider politicians and how overpaid those clowns are
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events