Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2016, 11:19 AM

6,475 posts, read 4,077,968 times

Advertisements

A suspicious device was found earlier today at Old Trafford, the Manchester United stadium. I heard from my brother that it was a pipe bomb and the bomb squad made a controlled explosion.
My genuine guesses is that...
A. Salty Tottenham Hotspur fans like me planted the bomb (would make more sense if it was at Arsenal's game).
B. Man City fans planted the bomb.
C. Terrorists targeting an important game.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2016, 11:43 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 4 days ago)

27,187 posts, read 13,477,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
A suspicious device was found earlier today at Old Trafford, the Manchester United stadium. I heard from my brother that it was a pipe bomb and the bomb squad made a controlled explosion.
A. Salty Tottenham Hotspur fans like me planted the bomb (would make more sense if it was at Arsenal's game).
Man United were playing Bournemouth, as for Tottenham they lost 5-1 to relegated Newcastle United, so Arsenal who beat Aston Villa who are also relegated 4-1, finish above Spurs.

As for the bomb it's not really something I would want to joke about.

Old 05-15-2016, 12:13 PM

11,110 posts, read 9,819,312 times
It was a fake - the 'device' contained no explosives.

Fake bomb leads to manchester united match being abandoned | Daily Mail Online

Old 05-15-2016, 06:32 PM

296 posts, read 260,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post

I would start ignoring your brother from now on, if i were you

Old 05-16-2016, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
It was a fake - the 'device' contained no explosives.

Fake bomb leads to manchester united match being abandoned | Daily Mail Online

It was actually left by mistake by the police who had carried out an exercise using fake dummy bombs. All highly embarrassing and there is now going to have to be an inquiry. As for the Man Utd v Bournemouth game that will take place on Tuesday night.

Old Trafford: Urgent inquiry demanded after bomb 'fiasco' - BBC Sport

Old 05-16-2016, 02:05 AM

9,139 posts, read 5,806,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post

It was actually left by mistake by the police who had carried out an exercise using fake dummy bombs. All highly embarrassing and there is now going to have to be an inquiry. As for the Man Utd v Bournemouth game that will take place on Tuesday night.

Old Trafford: Urgent inquiry demanded after bomb 'fiasco' - BBC Sport
Oops.

Old 05-16-2016, 07:51 AM

2,869 posts, read 4,453,797 times
My reading of the latest media report was that the "device " was forgotten by the private security company that holds the contract to protect the stadium, not by the Police. I don't think that UK Police would be involved in what to me seems to be the remit of the private security company.

JiM B.

Old 05-16-2016, 12:12 PM

9,145 posts, read 14,771,173 times
Hey I guess the person who made the fake bomb should get props if it fooled the bomb squad into cancelling the match.

Old 05-16-2016, 01:59 PM

1,598 posts, read 1,059,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherifftruman View Post
Hey I guess the person who made the fake bomb should get props if it fooled the bomb squad into cancelling the match.
It was a security firm that made the bomb, they forgot to count them all up after the exercise.
Seems it even had a label on it "The mocked-up bomb had a small white label reading “training aid. If found contact SSMS” followed by the company’s telephone number.

Old 05-17-2016, 03:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadian citizen View Post
My reading of the latest media report was that the "device " was forgotten by the private security company that holds the contract to protect the stadium, not by the Police. I don't think that UK Police would be involved in what to me seems to be the remit of the private security company.

JiM B.
Yeah the UK Police would never be involved.

Masons colluded, Hillsborough Court Told -The Guardian

Did Freemasons influence police over Hillsborough? - The Scotsman

Hillsborough: IPCC investigates links between Police and Freemasons | Metro News

Yorkshire police face questions over the influence of the Freemasons | Daily Mail Online

Freemasons barred from investigation into alleged Hillsborough 'cover-up' - Liverpool Echo[/quote]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events