Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2016, 08:25 AM

12,054 posts, read 23,435,159 times

Advertisements

Not the most revealing dress, not the most flattering for her, imo,, and definitely not appropriate for a senior prom. I always wonder what the parents are thinking when they allow their daughters to wear inappropriate clothing to a formal occasion, unless the mothers are wishing they could wear something like that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2016, 08:51 AM

18,672 posts, read 18,960,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
IMHO, it wasn't particularly revealing- she just has breasts.

I have run up against this one myself. It's 110 degrees outside and the ladies that are small-chested can wear whatever they want, but a hint of cleavage will get you sent home according to corporate dress code.

I used to buy minimizer bras (these essentially strap your breasts down like duct tape. Not real comfy) because I didn't want to wear a burka or a turtleneck to work in the Vegas summers.

Apparently other girls wore backless dresses and thigh high slit dresses to this prom. The dress she wore does not look particularly "revealing" to me. She just has boobs.

Your thoughts?

This Girl Was Kicked Out of Her Prom Because of This "Revealing" Dress
Not my thing but couldnt see a thing wrong with the dress.... I can imagine some of the others though at the prom..

Old 05-21-2016, 08:59 AM

378 posts, read 707,412 times
I see nothing wrong with her dress or her body in it. She would need to be doing flips and such in order for her to have any kind of wardrobe malfunction.

Old 05-21-2016, 09:00 AM

953 posts, read 849,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
Her breasts aren't going anywhere.
They won't go anywhere on their own ... but if any of the guys offer some assistance, who knows where they'll end up.

Old 05-21-2016, 09:02 AM

37,833 posts, read 46,401,976 times
It's hard to tell from the picture but I can see that the dress may have been viewed as inappropriate. If you have really large breasts, you do have to ensure that the dress will keep them from "popping out". Large breasted women cannot wear the exact same styles as a flat-chested woman - and not look ridiculous. It's not "shaming", it's just common sense.

Old 05-21-2016, 09:08 AM

18,672 posts, read 18,960,864 times
Poor girl... she reminds me of Julie wearing the red dress to the ball in Jezebel..... what a fuss because they all wore white... shock horror.. some people and their false modesty.

Old 05-21-2016, 09:13 AM

323 posts, read 273,457 times
I looked at the picture. From what I see it is a very nice dress but I can't tell how well that the bodice is lined. I zoomed in and still couldn't tell.... it did look a bit sheer and may have been showing the underside of the girls and THAT may have been the issue.

It did make her look very nice overall. Well proportioned to her body, nice lace work but depending on the light may have looked otherwise...

But considering what the "girls" in my school wore back in 1992.... that dress is tame! Boobs were damn near hanging out ever..... average school day was worse.......

Old 05-21-2016, 09:13 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,510,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
IMHO, it wasn't particularly revealing- she just has breasts.
I have run up against this one myself. It's 110 degrees outside and the ladies that are small-chested can wear whatever they want, but a hint of cleavage will get you sent home according to corporate dress code.
I used to buy minimizer bras (these essentially strap your breasts down like duct tape. Not real comfy) because I didn't want to wear a burka or a turtleneck to work in the Vegas summers.
Apparently other girls wore backless dresses and thigh high slit dresses to this prom. The dress she wore does not look particularly "revealing" to me. She just has boobs.
Your thoughts?
This Girl Was Kicked Out of Her Prom Because of This "Revealing" Dress
She should have covered up and she was not punished because she has breast.
She chose to ignore the dress requirements and wear something inappropriate.
There is no reason that dress could not have been altered a wee bit and add black lace around the top or at least across her breasts.
There is also no reason she could not have found a different dress.
This is prom no a wedding or princess night at the fairytale ball.
She should have more self respect for her body.
We have a friend who has large breasts and in the 20 years we have known her she has never worn
*a burka or turtleneck* in the summer and we have never seen her cleavage.
One can dress and cover all of their parts weather appropriate if they really want to.

Old 05-21-2016, 09:32 AM

20,958 posts, read 45,580,381 times
Pretty sure there were dresses at that prom that were as revealing, if not moreso. The problem here is that she has breasts and there is a bias against young women being voluptuous. Says more about the person with the problem with it than it does about the young woman herself. It's a beautiful dress and I see no risk of her falling out of it while dancing. (I never fell out of the things I wore in the 60's while dancing and I assure you there was much more risk of it with those garments!) Even her fellow classmates acknowledge that their own dresses were more revealing.

Old 05-21-2016, 09:41 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,458,471 times
I think the dress is beautiful, and the young woman looks lovely in it.

Last edited by randomparent; 05-21-2016 at 09:55 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events