Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2016, 02:33 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,166,946 times

Advertisements

IMHO, it wasn't particularly revealing- she just has breasts.

I have run up against this one myself. It's 110 degrees outside and the ladies that are small-chested can wear whatever they want, but a hint of cleavage will get you sent home according to corporate dress code.

I used to buy minimizer bras (these essentially strap your breasts down like duct tape. Not real comfy) because I didn't want to wear a burka or a turtleneck to work in the Vegas summers.

Apparently other girls wore backless dresses and thigh high slit dresses to this prom. The dress she wore does not look particularly "revealing" to me. She just has boobs.

Your thoughts?

This Girl Was Kicked Out of Her Prom Because of This "Revealing" Dress
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2016, 03:32 AM

37,235 posts, read 41,460,327 times
IMHO it is too much for a high school prom. If she tried to dance, the risk of a "wardrobe malfunction" would be high.

It's one thing to have a big bust; it's another to have the girls spilling out of the dress, which in my view, is not very attractive. It makes me wonder what her parents were thinking.

Old 05-21-2016, 03:50 AM

953 posts, read 846,442 times
I agree with suzy_q2010 that the real potential issue with that dress is what might occur during dancing, and school officials are not especially fond of dealing with such matters. For a prom dress, it is somewhat over-the-top for a fuller figured teenage girl to wear.

Old 05-21-2016, 04:26 AM

18,968 posts, read 11,629,152 times
Expected to see something far more extreme and revealing. To me it's absurd that she'd be turned away. It goes beyond "s*** shaming" to body shaming, IMO.

Old 05-21-2016, 05:35 AM

88,865 posts, read 85,274,311 times
I don't think that's bad. She looks beautiful. I was expecting something much more sleazy.

Old 05-21-2016, 05:44 AM

7,084 posts, read 8,982,625 times
Not the most revealing prom dress I have ever seen.

Old 05-21-2016, 05:56 AM

29,534 posts, read 22,805,676 times
Just another day, yet another 'controversy' involving some form of dress code and school function.

Conflicts between what students wear and school policies has seemingly become one of the most frequent issues in modern life.

Just about every week there's another incident.

Few days ago a high school student felt offended when her principal thought her African themed prom dress wasn't appropriate. And as per usual, the posting on social media and attempt to shame the school/principal, and corresponding kudos for her 'courage' in wearing the dress, and making the rounds of national news.

And a high school valedictorian was not allowed to go on stage because he refused to shave off his mustache.

Let's not forget the never ending streams of incidents involving kids wearing provocative shirts, hairstyle, etc. etc.

Just saying ya know.

Old 05-21-2016, 06:07 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,831,459 times
Not surprised. Even before I clicked the link I figured it was a chubby/full figured/thick whatever you want to call it girl with big boobs. There are many double standards in this world and this is one of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
IMHO, it wasn't particularly revealing- she just has breasts.

I have run up against this one myself. It's 110 degrees outside and the ladies that are small-chested can wear whatever they want, but a hint of cleavage will get you sent home according to corporate dress code.

I used to buy minimizer bras (these essentially strap your breasts down like duct tape. Not real comfy) because I didn't want to wear a burka or a turtleneck to work in the Vegas summers.

Apparently other girls wore backless dresses and thigh high slit dresses to this prom. The dress she wore does not look particularly "revealing" to me. She just has boobs.

Your thoughts?

This Girl Was Kicked Out of Her Prom Because of This "Revealing" Dress

Old 05-21-2016, 07:35 AM

16,435 posts, read 12,597,426 times
There's no way that young lady will have any sort of wardrobe malfunction. It's a well constructed, well fitted dress, and she appears to be properly supported. Her breasts aren't going anywhere. What about those girls who wear the cheap spaghetti strap gowns? They're much more revealing and much more likely to have some sort of unintentional exposure. But they're usually slender and pretty, so no one bats an eye.

Old 05-21-2016, 08:24 AM

2,159 posts, read 1,673,291 times
I wonder if the bodice of the dress was lined and about the sheerness of the skirt. I can't tell from the picture.

I think its unfortunate that she had this experience on such an important night in her young life. On the other hand, I wish girls could be "girls" for just a little longer. My own grand daughters sometimes surprise me with the heavy make up and revealing outfits.

I wore mini skirts, short shorts, and bikinis. I don't know how my father lived through it Does this make me a hypocrite? Sure. But at least I keep my mouth shut.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events