Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2016, 11:45 PM

4,514 posts, read 2,523,760 times

Advertisements

I think what she did was wrong and she should be punished, but there is something seriously wrong with our justice system when the rapist brock, gets 3 mo in jail and they are looking at giving this girl 6 mo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2016, 03:34 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,120,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spottednikes View Post
I think what she did was wrong and she should be punished, but there is something seriously wrong with our justice system when the rapist brock, gets 3 mo in jail and they are looking at giving this girl 6 mo.
Agreed, but they just threatened that to scare her. She will just get a fine and maybe community service.

The civil suit is where she's really going to pay.

Old 09-09-2016, 03:41 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,120,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
if the person taking the picture in this case was old and unattractive and she took a picture of mathers, would we be in such an 'outrage'?

or, are we just jealous that mathers is hotter than we are and that's the inspiration for our anger?
Are you really that shallow? Or are you just very young? The victim is over seventy years old. Expecting privacy in a girls only locker room. Do you not have a mom? A grandma?

Do you really think that the situation would ever be reversed? And if it was, I can almost guarantee you that Ms. Mathers would sue because she makes her living by having people taking semi nude photos of her.

I don't really think jealousy is at play here. Do you?

Old 09-09-2016, 06:54 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,842,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
if the person taking the picture in this case was old and unattractive and she took a picture of mathers, would we be in such an 'outrage'?

or, are we just jealous that mathers is hotter than we are and that's the inspiration for our anger?
Are you old enough to be posting on CD? Grow up.

The quality of "discussion" on CD is seriously undermined by the inane comments of immature "men" (and "women").

Old 09-09-2016, 10:44 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,058,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
Are you old enough to be posting on CD? Grow up.

The quality of "discussion" on CD is seriously undermined by the inane comments of immature "men" (and "women").

is not, is not

Old 09-09-2016, 10:47 AM

18,528 posts, read 18,752,718 times
How the hell can a playboy playmate SHAME anyone..

Old 11-06-2016, 09:07 AM

1,906 posts, read 2,038,831 times
Playboy Playmate Dani Mathers charged with invasion of privacy - NY Daily News

Quote:
Playboy Playmate Dani Mathers faces an invasion of privacy charge
Good, but I was hoping for more.

Quote:
The charge carries up to six months behind bars and a $1,000 fine if she’s found guilty, Feuer noted. A Los Angeles Superior Court judge scheduled her arraignment for Nov. 28.
I am sure if it was a guy that had snapped that pic it would be much more.

Quote:
Mathers' attorney, Tom Mesereau, said he had learned of the rap against his client Friday.

"I am very disappointed that Dani Mathers was charged with any violation," Mesereau said in a statement. "She never tried to invade anyone's privacy and never tried to break any laws."
wtf? Seriously. I know he is getting paid to defend the indefensible, along with tons of free press, but he comes off sounding like a moron. Who would take a clown like that seriously.

It doesn't matter if you "tried" to break any laws or not. That has no bearing.

How can you interpret sneaking pics of somebody naked without their knowledge as anything other than a massive invasion of privacy. I mean, she clearly meant to take the pic, she clearly knew the woman was naked and unaware of the pic so.....not sure how that equals not trying to invade someones privacy.

Old 11-06-2016, 02:43 PM

1,314 posts, read 1,425,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanderbiltgrad View Post
First world problems again it is that big a deal. Americans making a deal deal out of nothing since 1776.
That "first world problems" meme again. You think that people in developing nations wouldn't mind this kind of treatment? Like you think they're, what, so simple that they don't understand the internet? That they are so worried about getting food that they don't mind their picture being mocked all over the world? Wow, man.

Old 11-06-2016, 02:52 PM

16,278 posts, read 10,414,707 times
Put me in the camp that was disgusted by her behavior but also a believer that the public shaming, loss of her job and banning from the gym is punishment enough. Time to move on.

Oh yeah the post by wall st kid was embarrassing.

Old 11-06-2016, 05:49 PM

6,005 posts, read 4,788,219 times
People who feel like poop try to make others feel like poop, too. She deserved to be punished for what she did by invading that other citizen's privacy. Best case scenario is that Mathers realizes what a pile of poop she is and makes some positive changes in her life. Maybe she can work her way up to pile of puke.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events