Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2016, 10:53 AM

19,835 posts, read 12,092,300 times

Advertisements

[quote=Jimrob1;45268952]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
Oh, here's a nice touch. Lephus Felton, the owner of the four dogs, wants them returned to him.

Florida senior citizen dismembered by dogs, witnesses say - CBS News

Neighbors want the dogs dead.

I side with the neighbors.[/QUOTEI

I'd want that neighbor gone. I've lived in a number of locations in my life. There can be bad neighbors wherever we live. However I never saw so many undesirable ones, until I moved to Florida.
It really depends on where you choose to live. My neighbors are great, for the most part, and people rarely move because it's a nice community. My experiences in Atlanta were not so friendly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2016, 11:05 AM

36,499 posts, read 30,837,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Not these dogs. They were mixes of Chow , German Shepherds, and Rotties. Pits are powerful animals, but those breeds are no joke either.

The cops had been called on the owner many times, according to what I read. The fact that the dogs actually ate the victims limbs tells me they weren't exactly well-fed either.

The owner should be euthanized with the dogs. Idiot. Out of the gene pool. Now!
Did you see the photos and videos of the dogs. They look a little overweight to me.

Old 08-26-2016, 11:28 AM

922 posts, read 1,111,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Did you see the photos and videos of the dogs. They look a little overweight to me.

I also thought the dogs looked to be a little on the heftier side; they definitely don't appear to be starving, that's for sure. So, I doubt they attacked that poor man out of hunger alone. What an awful, horrible situation. The owner of the dogs is obviously dumber than dirt and feels nothing other than indignation that his dogs are viewed as vicious

As someone whom was bitten by a dog 3 months ago and still has evidence of it, I feel as if I've earned the right to say that many dog owners are just complete morons and have no business owning any sort of animal. People will get specific breeds of dogs because they are "cool" or have some sort of status attached to them, never taking into account what the particular breed was actually bred for. Example: cattle herding dogs in the suburbs. Why does anyone but a cattle rancher need that type of dog? Sure, you can weaken the breed a bit by continually breeding them but every dog has NATURAL instincts and they will revert back to them at some point.

Old 08-26-2016, 11:44 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,041,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Man's best friend murders a human, yet again.

If a large, aggressive and powerful dog attacks you.....it could very well seriously-injure, maim or kill you.
or you!

Old 08-26-2016, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berrie143 View Post
I also thought the dogs looked to be a little on the heftier side; they definitely don't appear to be starving, that's for sure. So, I doubt they attacked that poor man out of hunger alone. What an awful, horrible situation. The owner of the dogs is obviously dumber than dirt and feels nothing other than indignation that his dogs are viewed as vicious

As someone whom was bitten by a dog 3 months ago and still has evidence of it, I feel as if I've earned the right to say that many dog owners are just complete morons and have no business owning any sort of animal. People will get specific breeds of dogs because they are "cool" or have some sort of status attached to them, never taking into account what the particular breed was actually bred for. Example: cattle herding dogs in the suburbs. Why does anyone but a cattle rancher need that type of dog? Sure, you can weaken the breed a bit by continually breeding them but every dog has NATURAL instincts and they will revert back to them at some point.
I agree with you but I also feel people just like particular breeds. I have owned Rottweilers, pits chow, and my latest is a German Shepard. People have said no one should own those particular breeds, why not a lab, etc. I have also owned many breeds and mutts in between. Most all of my dogs have been rescued from individuals, strays, etc.
I do agree people need to understand the breeds, temperament and needs and get a dog suitable to their lifestyle. They also need to be able to confine and control their pets.

Old 08-26-2016, 12:28 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,111,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
We had a neighbor that was pretty much out there and he let his dog population run wild, cross breed and basically turn feral. At one time he had about 40 give or take what one could count. They killed our livestock and would try and get you even when on a tractor. The sheriff was no help at all. We routinely thinned out his pack which was easy since they'd try and get our dogs in the yard. Sometimes we'd catch them in the canyons and we'd shoot as many as possible but it hardly made a dent in the amount of these mean feral dogs.

This was on 1000 acres of land.
Your neighbor should have been arrested for animal abuse and neglect, creating a hazardous condition, etc. etc.

I suppose law enforcement didn't do anything when they killed your livestock because they had no proof?

The family and neighbors of the victim in this case need to raise all kinds off hell with the courts and local media. This dog owner has had 14 calls made to authorities about the condition, care, and behavior of these animals.

This man should never own another dog. Dogs don't deserve that, and the neighbors don't either.

Old 08-26-2016, 12:31 PM

50,255 posts, read 47,011,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Your neighbor should have been arrested for animal abuse and neglect, creating a hazardous condition, etc. etc.

I suppose law enforcement didn't do anything when they killed your livestock because they had no proof?

The family and neighbors of the victim in this case needs to raise all kinds off hell with the courts and local media. This dog owner has had 14 calls made to authorities about the condition, care, and behavior of these animals.

This man should never own another dog. Dogs don't deserve that, and the neighbors don't either.
Guy said it could be Coyotes. Ya, except we saw the dogs do it. Time and time again.

Old 08-26-2016, 12:37 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,111,878 times
Quote:
You know, that's true. I guess it was just pack instincts then. Gross.

Old 08-26-2016, 12:54 PM

10,196 posts, read 9,879,617 times
Quote:
Yeah they are actually a lot overweight, so I doubt hunger was part of it.

Although I was supposed to keep my dog food free for 24 hours because he had vomiting and diarrhea and 18 hours in, he waited until my back was turned and ate an entire box of cookies...

Old 08-26-2016, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
Yeah they are actually a lot overweight, so I doubt hunger was part of it.

Although I was supposed to keep my dog food free for 24 hours because he had vomiting and diarrhea and 18 hours in, he waited until my back was turned and ate an entire box of cookies...
LOL. That sounds like something I would do.

I normally have multiple dogs. One of ours was an aging and ill Rottweiler that was in fairly bad shape. One day I was out in the yard with all the dogs when I heard him whine. The other dogs were dragging him across the yard. It happened again on another occasion. We had him euthanized shortly after due to his failing health. I believe the other dogs sensed that he was sick and dying and attacked him though not viciously.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events