Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2016, 03:21 PM

2,276 posts, read 1,671,627 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
Because

“I’m also really chill too, But as you can see from my previous email, I am like a ticking time bomb that sets off when things I don’t like happen to me.”
Anyone who sends an email like this has serious issues and this email should be forwarded to the administration. I certainly wouldn't want to be anywhere near them, much less live with them, and I survived a weird freshman roommate. In today's world, who would be that stupid to use the phrase "ticking time bomb that sets off . . ." especially in a school setting?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2016, 03:22 PM

10,196 posts, read 9,888,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryptic View Post
I did not express myself well. Here is the propaganda:

Forcing people to reside with people that are different from themselves increases tolerance and respect.

In actuality, the "forcing" part tends to decrease tolerance and respect due to the interference in private life. Instead, programs should encourage, but not force people to live with people who are different.
When I went to college, my foster daughter and 2 step kids (4 different colleges) we filled out forms and they tried to match us up with students with similar likes, dislikes, living habits, etc. I think you are misinformed how colleges handle this situation.

Old 09-14-2016, 03:59 PM

5,649 posts, read 5,967,617 times
This chick should get a bed of nails and glass for her attitude.

Old 09-14-2016, 05:37 PM

2,709 posts, read 2,282,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
Here's what I would have written back:

Look here, you arrogant twatwaffle,

You'll get the top bunk over YOUR desk, yes, THAT will be your desk, and you'll like it. Otherwise you can take your s***** attitude to another dorm, or another country, for that matter.

Signed,
A bigger b**** than you, with the height & weight to back it up
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
I didnt know we were allowed to say twatwaffle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
And now that we know this, I think I will work twatwaffle into every conversation possible, because twatwaffle is an awesome word, second only to twatwaffle.
[CENTER]Save[/CENTER]
I too am curiously intent on using twatwaffle every chance I get. If anyone thinks that is stupid, well... You are a twatwaffle!

Old 09-14-2016, 05:46 PM

1,995 posts, read 2,078,467 times
Dear Professors;

I will need to you speak loudly so my phone can record you. I won't be putting my phone on your desk because then I cant get my texts. I will need to sit on the edge of the third row, and I will need the chair to be made of high-quality leather, no cheap stuff. I don't want anyone to walk in front of me when I am sitting, no matter what. They can go the other way if they need to. I will be getting asked out on Fridays and won't be doing any work then or over the weekend, so DO NOT make anything I will need to do by Monday. I am a super great student, but I can also go apeship.

Whiner
@miniwhiner

Old 09-14-2016, 06:07 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,594,283 times
The email is bad. But it sounds as though she made some initial attempts to reach out to her new roomates that went unanswered.

Old 09-14-2016, 06:21 PM

16,421 posts, read 12,515,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
When I went to college, my foster daughter and 2 step kids (4 different colleges) we filled out forms and they tried to match us up with students with similar likes, dislikes, living habits, etc. I think you are misinformed how colleges handle this situation.
Exactly. And I don't know about all colleges, but I know I had the choice of rooming with a friend, if I already knew a classmate. I know my niece had the same option 3 years ago at a different school, because she chose to room with a girl she grew up with.

Old 09-14-2016, 06:32 PM

2,203 posts, read 3,361,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
Not all colleges do that. My son's college roommate questionnaire asked if they smoked and/or were ok rooming with smokers. He filled out his form 3 years ago. My daughter selected a living community with international students and there was no additional information asked.

Edited to add - you could select another student as a roommate (if they also select you). But other than that, no matching of likes/dislikes.

Old 09-14-2016, 06:55 PM

7,081 posts, read 8,947,145 times
She probably needed the biggest medicine cabinet to store her diazepam, latuda and lithium carbonate.

She probably needs her own room with padded walls and all sharp objects removed.

When I was a freshman in college I had 3 roommates and we got along great, none of us were "that guy" but of course that was almost 35 years ago before special snowflakeism.

Old 09-14-2016, 07:13 PM

10,196 posts, read 9,888,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
Exactly. And I don't know about all colleges, but I know I had the choice of rooming with a friend, if I already knew a classmate. I know my niece had the same option 3 years ago at a different school, because she chose to room with a girl she grew up with.
I asked my husband and he had the same experience 10 years before I went to college. He also had it in other student housing in different training situations. I think its standard, I would guess anything different isn't as common.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events