Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2016, 07:14 PM

10,196 posts, read 9,882,691 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by woxyroxme View Post
She probably needed the biggest medicine cabinet to store her diazepam, latuda and lithium carbonate.

She probably needs her own room with padded walls and all sharp objects removed.

When I was a freshman in college I had 3 roommates and we got along great, none of us were "that guy" but of course that was almost 35 years ago before special snowflakeism.
Oh come on! People 35 years older then you thought you thought you were an entitled, spoiled special snow flake too. Good lord.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2016, 07:20 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,984,298 times
They should make her life a living hell. Two (or three in this case) can play this game sweetheart.

Old 09-14-2016, 08:23 PM

4,286 posts, read 10,766,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
Why?

So she's high-maintenance. Can't her roommates tell her to go get bent, without administration rushing into protect them from having to do so? She's self-absorbed. Is that a violation of UCLA rules?

Yes, I get that her list is ridiculous. And? She's probably 18 or 19. There's a whole lot of ridiculousness going on at those ages. So her roommates are saddled with having to deal day-in and day-out with a self-centered person making self-centered demands.

Welcome to the real world...
Its not that easy. I was in a similar situation freshman year. Roommates with someone who was mentally unstable, had previously been committed, etc, etc. Its a terrible situation. Quite frankly if you have those kind of issues, you shouldn't even be living on campus. Luckily the guy didn't even make it past Thanksgiving, but it was completely terrible.

Old 09-14-2016, 08:32 PM

30,633 posts, read 18,214,590 times
Wow, what a loony bin. But reading that email did brighten up my day, I must say

Old 09-14-2016, 08:44 PM

2,756 posts, read 4,412,167 times
Ahhh......... Freshman roommates.

Mine was awesome, but boy did we have some conflicts on my floor.

One girl was a crunchy California deadhead, and she never showered. Ever. The smell in the room was.... Oh Lordy. Totally nasty. I really liked this girl as a person, but thank goodness I wasn't her roommate. The roommate was a really quiet, shy, studious girl who eventually went ballistic and complained to the administration until she was allowed to move into another room. A lot of screaming and crying...

The deadhead dropped out eventually....

Old 09-14-2016, 09:58 PM

2,274 posts, read 1,669,013 times
The first letter (yes, it was long ago) from my freshman roommate informed me she was not "fat, but stacked". She continued to tell me what I could and could not do in the room as she was going to be an opera singer and her voice had to be protected. No one could come in our room with hairspray, cologne, nail polish - you name it.

Shortly after arrival, she found a nasty boyfriend with greasy hair who, according to my friends, slept in my bed when I was at home some weekends. Then I would remove all bedding when I left but, of course, there was still my mattress - gross.

Luckily for me, she got pregnant, left school the first semester, and I had a friend move in. And I do not laugh about it years later - still gives me the creeps.

Old 09-14-2016, 10:01 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,756,236 times
Crazy. These type of kids, their parents must be missing when they were growing up.

Old 09-15-2016, 05:04 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,211,406 times
First, how did this girl even get the roommates emails? I am not sure that they give out that information. Anyone know??

As a parent I would email the other roommate's parents and together take this BS email to whoever assigns roommates and demand a roommate change.

This immature girl is not going to like college or a "dorm" situation.

Old 09-15-2016, 05:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryptic View Post
They don't need to. Rather, they should let people choose two options:

A- select their own roomates
B- enter into a random pool.

As an incentive, dorms catering to choice 'b' can be the newer ones, or those with more creature comforts, or a better location.

Facebook, internet forums and other social media sites?

No, they could interview as few or as many as they want and have time to do. Likewise, they could interview nobody and enter the random pool (choice 'b').
Totally ludicrous ideas. It is random selection.

Old 09-15-2016, 05:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
The email is bad. But it sounds as though she made some initial attempts to reach out to her new roomates that went unanswered.
Yes....Like went into their spam folders like any random unsolicited emails do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events