Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2016, 02:11 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,097,721 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
That's a world record leap to go from finding her response funny to characterizing it as laughing at her misfortune.
People are laughing at her, not with her. I doubt she finds anything funny about what happened.

Old 09-15-2016, 02:31 PM
eok

6,683 posts, read 4,278,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pink caddy View Post
For those that stated she has no class, and cursed and bla bla bla . Be especially careful as KARMA is a *****. (After censor it's B followed by 4 letters ending in H). Man, that karma comes around when you just don't expect it. Like a THIEF in the night as the saying goes.
Karma's a botch. Oops I botched that word.

Old 09-15-2016, 02:57 PM

20,079 posts, read 9,610,292 times
Trash talking aside (and at least she said "freaking" instead of you-know-what), I think that what so many people are applauding is an old woman who speaks her mind and does not care one whit about being PC.

(And if she had a concealed weapon permit and severely wounded the thief, I think that many people would have applauded her for that, too. And at 86, I doubt she would receive much, if any, jail or prison time.)

Old 09-15-2016, 03:05 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,545,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
By 86 you realize that grace gets you nowhere with some people. She has plenty of self-respect, she sure isn't taking any crap.

I love it. 'Bout time somebody stands up to these thieving heifers instead of being a wimp.
Absolutely! The older you get, the less time you have to put up with BS so you just say what needs to be said.

Good for you, Bernice!

Old 09-15-2016, 03:10 PM

10,196 posts, read 9,940,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Ever been robbed or assaulted?

Hopefully not....but it can tend to make people pretty angry that might otherwise be quite civil and peaceful.

I'd cut her some slack for speaking her mind after a traumatic incident.
Yes...robbed, assaulted, sexually assaulted, car jacked, and I am sure some other stuff. What can I say, I lived in a tough neighborhood. I have also had my home broken into more then once (lost all computer copies of family photos, years of work and my wedding ring) and my car as well.

Heck yes I was mad. And I am sure I swore like a sailor...but not in a TV interview. Because I am classier then that I am also not 86 so people wouldn't think its "cute" or shows that I have spunk. I'd just look trashy.

Old 09-15-2016, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
Absolutely! The older you get, the less time you have to put up with BS so you just say what needs to be said.

Good for you, Bernice!
Actually losing an internal censor in old age is due to brain cell death/brain changes and lost of mental function. It isn't a good thing, really. And if anyone has had a family member who "just say what needs to be said", they can attest that it can be hurtful and embarrassing.

It isn't spunk...its lost of mental functions.

Old 09-15-2016, 03:20 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,545,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
Actually losing an internal censor in old age is due to brain cell death/brain changes and lost of mental function. It isn't a good thing, really. And if anyone has had a family member who "just say what needs to be said", they can attest that it can be hurtful and embarrassing.

Not always. Yes, it can be a sign of that but it can also be that people get fed up with what they see is going on in the world. One can also say that perhaps this lady was still in shock or frightened and sometimes that triggers aggressive speech. Or maybe that's just the way she has always expresses herself.

I wouldn't have spoken like that but I am not her nor do I have her life experiences. Since neither you nor I are personally acquainted with her medical records, neither one of us can say for sure.

Old 09-15-2016, 03:34 PM

4,504 posts, read 3,051,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
Stupid reporter telling her she sounds harsh lol
Makes ya hope her karma is just around the corner.

Old 09-15-2016, 03:36 PM

4,504 posts, read 3,051,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post

No, it isn't. My mental functions are as good as always. I simply don't have time for BS. It definitely IS a good thing to call a spade a spade. Political correctness is for sissies. And idiots. And people with too much time on their hands. None of which applies to me.

Old 09-15-2016, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eok View Post
To the contrary, you didn't say "the reason this is often true" but said it as an insult to 100% of all old people:

You said "Actually losing an internal censor in old age is due to brain cell death/brain changes and lost of mental function."

But the real reason old people insult people like you is simply that people like you deserve to be insulted.
Not all elderly people lose their internal censor! I have met a ton who haven't!! I'm sorry, could you quote me where it said that all older people lose their internal censor? I need to see that because if I did, I misspoke.

Minerva - 70 isn't that old...its the new 50

My grandfather lost his internal censor around 90. He said some really hurtful things after that...and stuff I am not sure he meant. It had nothing to do with him being spunky or not having time to be PC. Its brain changes in the elderly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events