Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2016, 11:35 PM

4,902 posts, read 4,212,917 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
I cant imagine the mind set it takes to hit someone with a car, and leave them bleeding on the road and not call for help for that person. Even if they are a "bad guy".
What would your mind set be if he had robbed YOU with your wife and kids right there in the car???
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2016, 11:49 PM

1,022 posts, read 1,971,758 times
This quote came from the article. 2nd paragraph, 1st sentence.

"The robber stuck a handgun in the driver's face, grabbed the cash, and took off, Lt. Dennis Rosenbaum of Northeast Detectives said Tuesday, recounting the 11 p.m."

This is enough for me. The victim gets to walk clear and free. The city needs to recognize this man as a hero, help fight the crime...

If anyone and the law look at this from any other angle. That's what's wrong with this country. You don't know right from wrong.

If you stick a gun in a mans face. Be prepare for the consequences.

Me personally, I d take that knife, cut off the trigger finger. Make sure the thieves won't ever hold another gun. Then I smash the hand that grab the cash.. Just so that he won't ever hold any form of money again.. Then I back the car over his leg. So he won't ever walk up to another atm machine,.. I don't want him to die. I want him to suffer ever day of his life. And remember me. I am the one that crimple him.

You can't go soft on criminals. You have to teach them a lesson..

Old 09-24-2016, 12:00 AM

3,279 posts, read 5,315,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJoe View Post
I can muster no moral compass for someone who robs and/or injures or kills others. He chose that path in life. The victim chose to fight back. Good for him. One less dirtbag on the streets.
Exactly. To me, a person should be 100% legally able to do anything he or she has to to (a) prevent or stop a robbery or (b) get his/her stuff back if it's been taken. Otherwise, we might as well just give it all away and be done with it.

Hey, I don't have that much, my car is a humble 2000 Toyota Corolla for one thing. However, the thought of taking something from someone else has never occurred to me. I be-drudge no one who has more than me. If they can pay cash for a 2014 BMW 5-series, then so be it, that's their right. Our annual vacation consists of simply going to the Ozarks for about 5 days in a cabin we probably spend $550 for, and every place we go is free, that hardly compares to those who spend $4000 or so going on a 2 week cruise in the Bahamas or flying to Hawaii. I love swimming, and man how nice it would be if we had an inground pool or had our own private small lake. I have to cook most days for us 4 because we can't eat out every single day.

However, rather than being angry at those who have more, I either (a) choose to be content with what I DO have or (b) I get off my lazy a-double s and WORK for having more. I have NO RIGHT to touch anything that belongs to anyone else, and if I were to try and they stomped my liver to Tender Vittles in the process, then I DESERVE every bit of it.

Old 09-24-2016, 08:30 AM

6,345 posts, read 8,114,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1984 View Post
The driver broke the law...hit and run, and attempted murder and or aggravated assault. If he ran the guy over during or immediately afterwards that's one think, but some time had passed. This is basically promoting vigilantism. If the police don't care about vigilantism, we don't need police. Everybody should just form a posse. He could have called 911 between fleeing and spotting the suspect. The thug's medical bills are going to be more than prosecuting the victim turned vigilante if we want to make it about cost.
If the driver wanted him dead, the driver would have drove over the guy a 2nd time and made sure he was dead. He takes his possessions back and moves on.

Old 09-24-2016, 08:33 AM

13,754 posts, read 13,308,274 times
Quote:
Like after he hit him, stripped him of his pants and put him in a plaid man-skirt? That will show him.
That'a showed him!!

Old 09-24-2016, 11:41 AM

8,340 posts, read 6,779,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1984 View Post
Times like these, you wish they'd have a camera for this....

Old 09-24-2016, 11:46 AM

10,196 posts, read 9,877,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by longneckone View Post
What would your mind set be if he had robbed YOU with your wife and kids right there in the car???
Get to safety and call the cops.

Ive been held at knife point with my infant son in a foreign country.

I was robbed for halloween candy by gang members (no joke)

Been the victim of car jacking, sexual assault, physical assault, home invasions, etc.

I pretty much always do the same thing, get to safety and call 911

Old 09-24-2016, 11:47 AM

10,196 posts, read 9,877,050 times
Hitting the guy likely caused more damage to his car then the money he got back...and I doubt insurance will pay

Old 09-24-2016, 11:50 AM

4,248 posts, read 4,158,693 times
Dude1984, why are you wishing for the victim to face charges?

Old 09-24-2016, 01:32 PM

1,995 posts, read 2,075,410 times
Quote:
Get to safety and call the cops.

Ive been held at knife point with my infant son in a foreign country.

I was robbed for halloween candy by gang members (no joke)

Been the victim of car jacking, sexual assault, physical assault, home invasions, etc.

I pretty much always do the same thing, get to safety and call 911
Quote:
Hitting the guy likely caused more damage to his car then the money he got back...and I doubt insurance will pay

I think you're missing the point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events