Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2016, 03:25 PM

11,110 posts, read 9,804,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
So does this mean they can have Christian after school clubs now too?
Are you really ignorant of that fact that Christian after-school clubs are found nationwide in public schools?

I guess expecting you to be familiar with U.S. law...

GOOD NEWS CLUB v. MILFORD CENTRAL SCHOOL | FindLaw

...or even to read the article which this thread is about...

Quote:
The Satanic Temple has been targeting schools that have a Good News Bible Club. Satanic Temple of Seattle spokesman Tarkus Claypool ha said a parent brought the bible club to their attention over concerns the club was teaching children to evangelize to other children.
Lawyer: School district must allow after-school Satan club | Free Article | yakimaherald.com

...would be expecting too much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2016, 03:29 PM

4,666 posts, read 5,088,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
Where did I say you are against it? Where did I say I was against it?
I merely expressed my opinion of the news article. No more, no less.
Most people, myself included, quote somebody to speak directly to them...maybe you should stop quoting people when you want to make a general statement.

Old 09-22-2016, 03:29 PM

1,995 posts, read 2,075,410 times
Quote:
Oh good. I'm sure they will be relieved they can stop waiting till Sunday rolls around.

Old 09-22-2016, 03:46 PM

5,444 posts, read 6,987,107 times
Quote:
The school was a target because it already had a bible club.

"The Satanic Temple has been targeting schools that have a Good News Bible Club. Satanic Temple of Seattle spokesman Tarkus Claypool ha said a parent brought the bible club to their attention over concerns the club was teaching children to evangelize to other children."

I definitely like their logo.

Old 09-22-2016, 04:12 PM

1,471 posts, read 3,458,487 times
Good. I'm personally waiting for the Wiccan and Satanic charter schools, but this is a start.

Old 09-22-2016, 04:24 PM

2,682 posts, read 2,178,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
Freedom's according to American Constitution is clear~~ Freedom is an absolute..regardless if it offends certain normal folks~~

Not exactly -- if the "Satin" Club decided to start sacrificing chickens and goats at their meetings, I think the school could put a stop to it, even if the Satinists claimed it was an essential part of their worship. Constitutional rights are always subject to reasonable regulations.

Old 09-22-2016, 05:08 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,664,723 times
Quote:
They already do. In fact our schools often had churches hold full weekend services in them (I think they paid some rent).

The Christian clubs are often disguised as "good news" or "young life" or the myriad of other names used to fool children into thinking it is something new and different.

Old 09-22-2016, 05:11 PM

4,996 posts, read 2,442,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1984 View Post
LOL...Not only did they misspell Satan, they have an anarchy sign instead of a pentagram.

Or..perhaps they're really into sheets--smoooooth, satin sheets.

Oh holy thread count--bless my slumber!

Old 09-22-2016, 06:21 PM

2,318 posts, read 4,622,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
They already do. In fact our schools often had churches hold full weekend services in them (I think they paid some rent).

The Christian clubs are often disguised as "good news" or "young life" or the myriad of other names used to fool children into thinking it is something new and different.
I was going to say, "how dumb do you think kids these days are?" But then I remembered how I was fooled as an adult into attending one of those Halloween "Harvest Festivals" at the fairgrounds in a town that I used to live in. I took my then preschool-aged son thinking it would be apple cider, candy, and carnival games. There was apple cider, but the games were not secular.

Old 09-22-2016, 08:08 PM

2,578 posts, read 2,067,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEyeFleegle View Post
Or..perhaps they're really into sheets--smoooooth, satin sheets.

Oh holy thread count--bless my slumber!
Oh, hell yes .... Hail Satin!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events