Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2016, 01:46 PM

50,373 posts, read 63,977,343 times

Advertisements

Seriously, religion does not belong in public schools. It is a government institution. I have no recollection of any Christian or Jewish clubs in my schools, ever.
My kids would be out of that school so fast it'd make your head spin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2016, 02:00 PM

776 posts, read 580,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1984 View Post
LOL...Not only did they misspell Satan, they have an anarchy sign instead of a pentagram.
Satin was about the paint they were using, they where artistic. They just didn't understand what anarchy was, or it would have said f*** all paint.
But seriously, most people just like to rebel. They don't even know what they rebel against half the time, they just know they're cool.

Old 09-23-2016, 03:00 PM

32,647 posts, read 48,040,180 times
Quote:
LOL...Not only did they misspell Satan, they have an anarchy sign instead of a pentagram.
I'm quite in favor of satin, myself. There wouldn't be so much of it made if there weren't so many of us that like it.

Old 09-23-2016, 03:02 PM

808 posts, read 711,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adriver View Post

Looks like the kids need to spend more time studying English and social studies.
I agree. If only this club was actually a satin club.

But seriously, this is crazy. I believe very strongly in freedom of religion, but this is too far. Cults such as satanism should not be normalized or promoted in schools.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
Freedom's according to American Constitution is clear~~ Freedom is an absolute..regardless if it offends certain normal folks~~

I agree~ Spelling requirement is not required when it comes to "Outside of the Box" ..Cult's have a long history in American History and freedom of religion, while Any religion CANNOT demand or legislate law to negate citizens to believe or worship ( whether normal or not) as they ( as an individual).. This should NOT be confused with Public/Private Business dealing making laws against such groups. IF these groups end up BREAKING LAWS( cause harm to individuals) then there are laws to deal with that too!! Just had to add and remind those reading this tuff..just what intellectual level "Clubs" like this exhibit LOL
http://cdn.inquisitr.com/wp-content/...Hail-Satin.jpg
Could you please use standard English spelling and conventions in your posts?

Old 09-23-2016, 03:09 PM

13,395 posts, read 13,507,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by headingtoDenver View Post
The school was a target because it already had a bible club.

"The Satanic Temple has been targeting schools that have a Good News Bible Club. Satanic Temple of Seattle spokesman Tarkus Claypool ha said a parent brought the bible club to their attention over concerns the club was teaching children to evangelize to other children."

I definitely like their logo.
As a Christian, I say big whoop. Knock yourselves out.

Old 09-23-2016, 03:19 PM

4,666 posts, read 5,093,167 times
Satin is overrated...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Seriously, religion does not belong in public schools. It is a government institution. I have no recollection of any Christian or Jewish clubs in my schools, ever.
I agree. Both clubs should be disallowed.

Old 09-23-2016, 03:30 PM

1,226 posts, read 633,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adriver View Post

Looks like the kids need to spend more time studying English and social studies.
Or perhaps a textile worshiper!

Old 09-23-2016, 08:09 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,356,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YITYNR View Post

But seriously, this is crazy. I believe very strongly in freedom of religion, but this is too far. Cults such as satanism should not be normalized or promoted in schools.
The thing is, Satanism isn't really a cult. It is an instrument used by a small subset of atheists to counter state authorized/funded religious (mainly Christian) clubs and groups.

No one except Christians belive in Satan.

Old 09-23-2016, 09:08 PM

6,639 posts, read 4,573,907 times
Quote:
Satin is overrated...
+1. neoprene is where its at.

Old 09-23-2016, 10:36 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,922,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post

Sort of like in the Excorist?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events