Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2016, 02:08 AM

5,696 posts, read 19,141,697 times

Advertisements

She isn't terribly bright to begin with. The only reason anyone gave her any attention was due to her father defending OJ and then the sex tape which started the reality tv career. She makes her money by being outlandish. Her life is a fantasy. I can totally see her not thinking through the details if it was a planned publicity stunt. Kanye isn't the sharpest tool in the shed either.

Here are the things that bug me.

She was alone. At least someone should have been outside the apartment keeping an eye on things. That is a whole lot of jewelry to have on hand and not locked up.

If it was a true heist, how are you going to make money off it? Sell the jewelry? Who would buy it?

How perfect Kanye was on stage to add more drama.

If anything, if it is true. Could be someone wanting to knock her down a peg. Shake up her world a bit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2016, 02:23 AM

8,390 posts, read 7,642,722 times
If I was investigating this, the first thing I'd do is check whether Kim and Kayne have been having financial problems, just to rule out insurance fraud.

It seems a bit strange that she was allowed to leave France so quickly after the crime. I would think the French police might need her in Paris to answer further questions and identify suspects, should they be found. My hunch is that anyone else would have been told not to leave the country for at least a few days.

Anyone know where her children were when this happened? Were they in Paris or safely back home in LA with a nanny?

Old 10-04-2016, 03:51 AM

12,202 posts, read 7,221,776 times
No grainy security camera footage of the so-called police imposters?

Old 10-04-2016, 04:08 AM

11,199 posts, read 9,081,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
*sigh* Of course people file false reports. But what is anyone's basis - besides not liking a person they don't even know - to believe THIS one is fake? Like I said, do you people doubt EVERY purported victim? Do you make victim blaming or doubting a hobby? No wonder it's so prevalent when you have reports, investigations, and a victim who flees the city, yet people with absolutely no more knowledge than anyone else in the public has will try to claim it's made up. This is why people don't come forward when crimes do happen btw, but please carry on.

This is not the type of thing celebrities normally make up. This is serious and I'm sure Kim isn't too stupid to know the consequences of making up something like this - both legally and socially for her. I'm not sure how this would benefit her at all if it was made up - especially considering some of the jewelry stolen probably wasn't actually hers and was likely lent to her by designers for fashion week. Celebrities borrow jewelry all the time and fashion week in Paris is a pretty important time if you live that lifestyle.
Ryan Lochte

Old 10-04-2016, 04:25 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,211,406 times
Like someone or not, no one should have to endure being terrified. Glad she is ok.

Old 10-04-2016, 05:41 AM

10,350 posts, read 13,936,640 times
Whenever something like this comes up a quick check of the news sites is all that is needed to disprove it. If no news outlet is carrying the story it's probably false. And does she always wear only a trench coat?

Old 10-04-2016, 06:58 AM

11,199 posts, read 9,081,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDak15 View Post
Whenever something like this comes up a quick check of the news sites is all that is needed to disprove it. If no news outlet is carrying the story it's probably false. And does she always wear only a trench coat?
The trench coat hides that big booty!

Old 10-04-2016, 07:25 AM

2,558 posts, read 2,217,887 times
Publicity stunt or insurance scam?

Old 10-04-2016, 07:41 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,005,313 times
Moreover, people are robbed every second of every day without making the news. Why should we care about her particularly?

Old 10-04-2016, 07:42 AM

3,138 posts, read 2,779,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieSD View Post
If I was investigating this, the first thing I'd do is check whether Kim and Kayne have been having financial problems, just to rule out insurance fraud.

It seems a bit strange that she was allowed to leave France so quickly after the crime. I would think the French police might need her in Paris to answer further questions and identify suspects, should they be found. My hunch is that anyone else would have been told not to leave the country for at least a few days.

Anyone know where her children were when this happened? Were they in Paris or safely back home in LA with a nanny?
I was wondering the same thing...

I'm certain the French police would not have allowed her to leave essentially on the same day of her kidnapping. Given that an albeit, infamous, U.S. celebrity was tied up and robbed in their country, I'm sure they'd want to do everything to make sure they have as much information from her as possible. And this will usually take more than a few hours to gather facts and statements.

Interestingly, Kim had a friend who was staying with her in the apartment, but she was sleeping downstairs. She apparently heard that something was amiss, and locked herself in her room. I'm curious as to what she told the police and what she heard...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events