Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2016, 06:52 PM

1,995 posts, read 2,076,157 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
This is so funny that you don't think fire can travel up a stream of gasoline. Or seem confused that someone might throw a gas can what is quickly filling with flames. You need to take a class with Smokey the Bear.
You need to stop assuming you have any clue as to what actually happened, and stop making up stories so that it fits your assumption. You don't know, (none of us do), your made up story was not in any news article anywhere. Either you don't understand the lack of actuality in your theory or are just going to keep ignoring the facts so you can stick with it. I think that you are only answering a specific response or two out of so many just proves the point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2016, 06:54 PM

10,196 posts, read 9,879,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adriver View Post
You need to stop assuming you have any clue as to what actually happened, and stop making up stories so that it fits your assumption. You don't know, (none of us do), your made up story was not in any news article anywhere. Either you don't understand the lack of actuality in your theory or are just going to keep ignoring the facts so you can stick with it. I think that you are only answering a specific response or two out of so many just proves the point.
I already posted the article, and then just reexplained here what the investigators are now saying happened.

Old 10-09-2016, 07:00 PM

Quote:
I already posted the article, and then just reexplained here what the investigators are now saying happened.
HERE IS THE OTHER ARTICLE YOU POSTED.

Quote:
The problem is that the police say it was an accident and not on purpose. But the family is using buss words like "bullying", "autism", "special needs". But the police say it was just boys playing with fire and one got hurt.

Maybe it will change with more investigation.

But right now it seems like it was just boys playing with fire and one got very hurt. Which is sad.

But not as sad as the story the family is painting and getting a major pay out over.

No one really wants to argue with the aunt (the mouth piece for the family). But it is what it is...

Kid didn’t mean to set special-needs boy on fire, officials claim | New York Post
Heres the other article you posted, did you bother reading it???

Quote:
Richardson said Kayden — who suffers from a speech impediment connected to a hearing loss — made statements to relatives and investigators after the incident that one of the three boys with him intentionally set him on fire inside a shed near his home.
“This wasn’t an accident,” Richardson said. “There can’t be no consequences for what he did to Kayden.
Your article contradicts the post it was in that you wrote about it. The partents, the other kids, and the doctor contradict the police officer

Old 10-09-2016, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adriver View Post
HERE IS THE OTHER ARTICLE YOU POSTED.

Heres the other article you posted, did you bother reading it???

Your article contradicts the post it was in that you wrote about it. The partents, the other kids, and the doctor contradict the police officer
Look, I read about 10 articles about this story. When I really am interested in a topic, most that I comment more then once on, I research it. I don't know for sure the family's account is wrong. And I have said that. MY comments and concern is that they are telling a much more sympathetic to gather more money.

Old 10-09-2016, 08:10 PM

1,442 posts, read 1,340,840 times
First off, EVERYBODY feels horrible for this child and wants whatever it takes for him to heal completely. What happened to him, no matter how it happened, is horrific and heart breaking. I've personally prayed for this little boy multiple times per day since it happened and will continue to do so. I've also contributed to his donation site to help with the financial needs that he and his family have and will have moving forward. I encourage all of you to do the same because he is going to need all of the help he can get. Here is the link to do so: https://www.youcaring.com/tristyn-hatchett-662011

This has been a very emotional time for this family and that is absolutely understandable. BUT, the initial report had TONS of false accusations and holes big enough to drive a mack truck through and ALL of those accusations came from Kayden's family members. There has been NO ONE else interviewed by the media to confirm the anything they've claimed. The family said so and so told them this and so and so told them that well who and where is so and so? The family never provided any names to identify the sources of the information they've provided the media. No one, excluding the family, has spoken to the media to provide their account of the incident. With all of the controversy surrounding this story why haven't they spoken out on behalf of this family? Law enforcement and fire investigators investigated these accusations and deemed them to be false. Below is the link to the latest update of the investigation.

Injuries to local child not intentional, police say - hccommunityjournal.com: Home

The family has said that Kayden played at the local park with these boys "all of the time". They also said these boys bullied Kayden constantly because he was "special needs" and they were very much aware of the bullying. Now, if this is true then WHY did the parents allow Kayden to play with these children at all, especially UNATTENDED? The parents were apparently comfortable enough with these boys that they were ok with him playing with them and without supervision. They said themselves that Kayden played with these boys "all of the time". If they thought these boys were bullies, WHY was he allowed to play with them? This also tells me that if Kayden is "special needs" he's HIGHLY functioning special needs because I know of NO parent that would allow a vulnerable special needs child to play unsupervised regardless of those they're playing with were bully's or not. NONE of this makes any sense.

There are soooooooo many more inconsistencies with the initial report given by the family that it's mind boggling. A lot of you on this board only get what national news wants to report and they aren't reporting the updates that are coming out from the actual investigation. That is not your fault at all. BUT, don't attack those of us who do get those updates and have been following this case from the beginning.

So, why am I having an issue with this? Well let me tell you why. Millions of people have seen the initial headlines thanks to the media spreading it all over the world before they even bothered to verify the story to ensure it was even true. They just took what was told to them and ran with it and reported it in the most gruesome and sensational way possible. As a result, there are 3 boys (ages 9, 10, 11 years old) who have been demonized and made out to be monsters. There are people who want them to die from burning, lethal injection, hung at the town square, etc, etc.

There is a VERY REAL probability nothing that was initially reported was true at all but lets go ahead and torture CHILDREN to make us feel better regardless of their guilt or innocence. REALLY??? Is this what we've become?

THINK PEOPLE, THINK!! Again, I feel HORRIBLE about Kayden as does everybody else and I can't imagine what his family is going through but there is so much wrong with this whole ordeal that it is just astounding to me. If it turns out the boys are guilty of bullying or hurting Kayden intentionally as the family claims then justice must be done but for heaven's sake what ever happened to innocent until proven guilty? So far, the investigation is saying they aren't guilty.

Last edited by CLR210; 10-09-2016 at 08:45 PM..

Old 10-10-2016, 07:44 AM

5,462 posts, read 3,033,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLR210 View Post
First off, EVERYBODY feels horrible for this child and wants whatever it takes for him to heal completely. What happened to him, no matter how it happened, is horrific and heart breaking. I've personally prayed for this little boy multiple times per day since it happened and will continue to do so. I've also contributed to his donation site to help with the financial needs that he and his family have and will have moving forward. I encourage all of you to do the same because he is going to need all of the help he can get. Here is the link to do so: https://www.youcaring.com/tristyn-hatchett-662011

This has been a very emotional time for this family and that is absolutely understandable. BUT, the initial report had TONS of false accusations and holes big enough to drive a mack truck through and ALL of those accusations came from Kayden's family members. There has been NO ONE else interviewed by the media to confirm the anything they've claimed. The family said so and so told them this and so and so told them that well who and where is so and so? The family never provided any names to identify the sources of the information they've provided the media. No one, excluding the family, has spoken to the media to provide their account of the incident. With all of the controversy surrounding this story why haven't they spoken out on behalf of this family? Law enforcement and fire investigators investigated these accusations and deemed them to be false. Below is the link to the latest update of the investigation.

Injuries to local child not intentional, police say - hccommunityjournal.com: Home

The family has said that Kayden played at the local park with these boys "all of the time". They also said these boys bullied Kayden constantly because he was "special needs" and they were very much aware of the bullying. Now, if this is true then WHY did the parents allow Kayden to play with these children at all, especially UNATTENDED? The parents were apparently comfortable enough with these boys that they were ok with him playing with them and without supervision. They said themselves that Kayden played with these boys "all of the time". If they thought these boys were bullies, WHY was he allowed to play with them? This also tells me that if Kayden is "special needs" he's HIGHLY functioning special needs because I know of NO parent that would allow a vulnerable special needs child to play unsupervised regardless of those they're playing with were bully's or not. NONE of this makes any sense.

There are soooooooo many more inconsistencies with the initial report given by the family that it's mind boggling. A lot of you on this board only get what national news wants to report and they aren't reporting the updates that are coming out from the actual investigation. That is not your fault at all. BUT, don't attack those of us who do get those updates and have been following this case from the beginning.

So, why am I having an issue with this? Well let me tell you why. Millions of people have seen the initial headlines thanks to the media spreading it all over the world before they even bothered to verify the story to ensure it was even true. They just took what was told to them and ran with it and reported it in the most gruesome and sensational way possible. As a result, there are 3 boys (ages 9, 10, 11 years old) who have been demonized and made out to be monsters. There are people who want them to die from burning, lethal injection, hung at the town square, etc, etc.

There is a VERY REAL probability nothing that was initially reported was true at all but lets go ahead and torture CHILDREN to make us feel better regardless of their guilt or innocence. REALLY??? Is this what we've become?

THINK PEOPLE, THINK!! Again, I feel HORRIBLE about Kayden as does everybody else and I can't imagine what his family is going through but there is so much wrong with this whole ordeal that it is just astounding to me. If it turns out the boys are guilty of bullying or hurting Kayden intentionally as the family claims then justice must be done but for heaven's sake what ever happened to innocent until proven guilty? So far, the investigation is saying they aren't guilty.
Thank you , that is why I used the word allegedly rather than quoting the media..

Old 10-10-2016, 11:14 AM

5,443 posts, read 4,676,857 times
Goes to show how cruel children can be, blows your mind. Truly sick and cowardly. Lock those little scums.

Old 10-10-2016, 11:34 AM

1,442 posts, read 1,340,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatTX View Post
We heard the family of one of the boys in question suddenly moved out of their house Tuesday, not sure if they were threatened or just being careful. Of course, many people see it as an admission of guilt. What I do wonder is, how did the "deliberate" accusation even come up? Is it because the victim told officials and his family members that one of the boys splashed him with gasoline and the other threw a lit match at him, the exact same story some of the other boys told everyone? Or was that just a rumor started by someone? I guess it will take a while til they get to the bottom of it all, if ever.
The family that moved did so because they were getting death threats and people threatening to burn their house down. The rest of it was rumors that got started that police did investigate and found there was no truth to it.

Old 10-10-2016, 12:04 PM

Fire that burned special needs boy not arson, authorities say | The Herald

Old 10-10-2016, 12:11 PM

its the same information from last Thursday that has already been posted multiple times. You just found one with a title you like.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events