Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2016, 08:29 PM

1,995 posts, read 2,076,157 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLR210 View Post
I've read EVERY story on this case .
I find that hard to believe that that is even possible, but ok, Ill keep going...

Quote:
It happened on a Sunday. The media reports that said it was intentional came out almost immediately here in the local area and these boys and families began getting threats very shortly thereafter. From what I understood from the radio interviews, the incident was so traumatic for the boys, the families initially kept them home from school due to their concern for the boys emotional health then it was because of the threats. I can't even imagine the horror they were going through seeing their "boys will be boys play" turning so tragic and seeing their friend being hurt so badly. These are still little boys we are talking about here.
Quote:
and quite frankly there are so many that I'd have to look again to say which source said what and when. The day it happened local stations did not imply that it was intentional but after that all hell-o broke loose and it was all over national and international news that it was deliberate and a case of bullying against a special needs child. The stories I read were just unbelievable and cruel. .

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2016, 08:34 PM

10,196 posts, read 9,879,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adriver View Post
I find that hard to believe that that is even possible, but ok, Ill keep going...

You are wrong on this one. Just wave the white flag. Nothing you are saying is helping anyone understand the story better.

Old 10-10-2016, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
You are wrong on this one. Just wave the white flag. Nothing you are saying is helping anyone understand the story better.
You keep picking out the only small bits of information that you are able to respond to. You don't respond when I repeatedly point out how you fabricate details so that it goes along with what you want it to be, or that you contradict yourself too.

and FYI (not as if I need to respond to your post, but WTH why not)..

1. Do you really think that's not an incredible claim to make that you have read EVERYTHING about this, or about anything for that matter (especially something so recent and developing)..

2. Why do you not quote the point of that post?? That the poster completely contradicts themselves when all I am trying to understand is how does the poster know that none of the kids went to school at all when that was the biggest contradiction about this story so far.

As for your post,
Quote:
There truly is no point in this post and its quite ridiculous that you do this without responding to any of the other posts where I have quoted you;

here

Quote:
I actually posted because it seemed like this information got lost in the shuffle and I decided to repost it. I liked that it gave a more detailed account of how the burns happened, since that was being questioned.

I did google to see if there was any new information out there, but I didn't find any.
I didn't realize any specific title would pop up here, I just posted a URL
Nope, not only is this one of the shortest articles about this, ALL this information has already been stated, EXCEPT the caption under the picture.

Quote:
Quote:
Kayden Culp has been in the hospital since Sunday, when three boys he believed were his friends led him out to a field, doused him in gasoline and set him on fire. YouCaring .
Which by the way, I never called you out on this; but you've been here long enough to know how posting a link works.

or here,
Quote:
You need to stop assuming you have any clue as to what actually happened, and stop making up stories so that it fits your assumption. You don't know, (none of us do), your made up story was not in any news article anywhere. Either you don't understand the lack of actuality in your theory or are just going to keep ignoring the facts so you can stick with it. I think that you are only answering a specific response or two out of so many just proves the point.
Quote:
Look, I read about 10 articles about this story. When I really am interested in a topic, most that I comment more then once on, I research it. I don't know for sure the family's account is wrong. And I have said that. MY comments and concern is that they are telling a much more sympathetic to gather more money.
Where you claim to have read 10 articles, but DIDN'T POST ANY OF THEM TO BACK UP WHAT YOU ARE SAYING..

.... OR ANY OF THIS...

Quote:
[b]So while one kid is building a fire, another one starts pouring gasoline on it; so much that the first starts going up the stream??

1. How was someone creating a fire but they didn't get burned by someone pouring gas on it?
2. Are you really saying that the fire went up the stream, and as the child was some how was quick enough to throw the can, and get it away, that not only did he not get burned, but that the fire STAYED WITH THE STREAM HE STOPPED POURING and threw and was then enough to burn the other boy??

Its not common sense, this is not the way fire works or 10 yr old boys.

WHAT IS????? Why do you keep trying to justify this? What new evidence has there been?

I do believe you are taking this personal, and getting offended. If that is the case, I highly suggest you stop posting contradicting information, and details that can not be proven or reported anywhere other than your own posts.

Old 10-10-2016, 09:17 PM

1,442 posts, read 1,340,840 times
Quote:

You know what adriver? I could not care less what you think. I HAVE read every article on social media, Googled for every story, watched and listened to the news reports available to me locally and on line. I've read all of the horrible comments made on these news stories that crossed the globe, I've read every comment on the fund raising pages and yup, I've even stalked FB pages of those involved and those in their community. I think I have a pretty good grasp of what actually happened. Sorry if you want to hang onto a particular narrative that suits you but I wanted to know the TRUTH!!

Yeah, I'm kinda WIERD like that. I just couldn't fathom CHILDREN doing something so horrific and I just wanted to understand and I knew I wouldn't get to the truth by seeing/hearing news reports so I had to do my own fact checking. Crazy idea, I know but I just wanted to know. Excuse me for sharing what I've learned

Old 10-10-2016, 09:22 PM

Quote:
You know what adriver? I could not care less what you think. I HAVE read every article on social media, Googled for every story, watched and listened to the news reports available to me locally and on line. I've read all of the horrible comments made on these news stories that crossed the globe, I've read every comment on the fund raising pages and yup, I've even stalked FB pages of those involved and those in their community. I think I have a pretty good grasp of what actually happened. Sorry if you want to hang onto a particular narrative that suits you but I wanted to know the TRUTH!!

Yeah, I'm kinda WIERD like that. I just couldn't fathom CHILDREN doing something so horrific and I just wanted to understand and I knew I wouldn't get to the truth by seeing/hearing news reports so I had to do my own fact checking. Crazy idea, I know but I just wanted to know. Excuse me for sharing what I've learned
Its not the truth when you contradict yourself. I was just trying to understand how you know that none of the kids have been to school since then, (when that is the major contradiction to this story).

Old 10-10-2016, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Its not the truth when you contradict yourself. I was just trying to understand how you know that none of the kids have been to school since then, (when that is the major contradiction to this story).
I don't kNOW they weren't in school I just know bas do upon the interview

Old 10-11-2016, 05:27 AM

Quote:
Initial reports said the other boys did go back to school per Kayden's family, they were the source of this info. But during the interview with the other boys parents yesterday, it was revealed they had not. I did not contradict myself at all. The stories being told are contradictory to one another.

Old 10-11-2016, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Initial reports said the other boys did go back to school per Kayden's family, they were the source of this info. But during the interview with the other boys parents yesterday, it was revealed they had not. I did not contradict myself at all. The stories being told are contradictory to one another.
That's not how I said you contradicted yourself.

Heres where I posted it. #136

//www.city-data.com/forum/45782247-post136.html

to break it down again;

I was responding to your rather long post about a 2 hr radio interview here.

Quote:
Devil's advocate here; So Kayden and his family had NO representation in this interview? Also, did they actually say that none of them had returned to school? I understand the threats they have been receiving, but didn't this happen on a Wednesday, or Thursday? Are you saying that the said none of the boys returned school the next day? This incident certainly wouldn't be enough to keep the boys out of school, (yes the bullying could), but initial reports all stated they didn't think the boys did it on purpose.
Here is your post where you quoted me #126 answering this.

Where you said
Quote:
It happened on a Sunday. The media reports that said it was intentional came out almost immediately here in the local area and these boys and families began getting threats very shortly thereafter. From what I understood from the radio interviews, the incident was so traumatic for the boys, the families initially kept them home from school due to their concern for the boys emotional health then it was because of the threats. I can't even imagine the horror they were going through seeing their "boys will be boys play" turning so tragic and seeing their friend being hurt so badly. These are still little boys we are talking about here.

No, Kayden's family were not at these interviews but it's not like they haven't had their version represented. They've had world wide attention and we've already heard their version over and over again. They've been on The View, The Today Show and probably numerous other shows not to mention nationwide TV news, newspapers and social media. This is the first time we've heard anything from the rest of the families involved.
Here is your post #134 Where you said
Quote:
I've read EVERY story on this case and quite frankly there are so many that I'd have to look again to say which source said what and when. The day it happened local stations did not imply that it was intentional but after that all hell-o broke loose and it was all over national and international news that it was deliberate and a case of bullying against a special needs child. The stories I read were just unbelievable and cruel.

Because they were children and I just couldn't wrap my head around how any child could be so cruel, I took an interest purely for the reason to try and understand what the hell-o was going on with our young folks and I've been following the story ever since. I've read every article on social media, watched the local news, tuned into the radio stations that I normally do not listen to just to try to understand. Yeah, I need a therapist at this point.

All I care about now is that Kayden heals and is able to tell his side of the story. I also do not want children or their families to be in fear of their lives for what looks like a horrible accident after "boys were being boys" playing with fire and not realizing the dangers they were putting themselves in. This story should be a great wakeup call to parents to talk to their kids about the dangers of playing with fire.
That is how you contradicted yourself.

For the third time, I was just trying to understand where the information came from that none of the boys had returned to school, when that is the most contradictory bit of information in this story. I had looked and could not find anything on the San Antonio newspaper website or the San Antonio affiliate CBS news website, but you said you had something local, that you still have not been able to produce.

Old 10-11-2016, 07:28 AM

Quote:

to break it down again;

Where you said

For the third time, I was just trying to understand where the information came from that none of the boys had returned to school, when that is the most contradictory bit of information in this story. I had looked and could not find anything on the San Antonio newspaper website or the San Antonio affiliate CBS news website, but you said you had something local, that you still have not been able to produce.
OK, let me try this again. ALL of the news reports I read/heard reported that Kayden's family said the boys were talking to other kids at school. UNTIL yesterday, when I listened to the 2 hour long segment on the radio where they were interviewing the other boys family and community residents. That was the first time I heard the boys had not gone back to school. Sorry if my communication skills caused confusion. There are a ton of pieces to this puzzle that I've been working to put together and it doesn't help there are so many conflicting stories coming out.

Old 10-11-2016, 10:03 AM

Quote:

to break it down again;

Where you said

OK, OK NOW I see where the confusion/contradiction was. Sorry. The FIRST report I heard on Sunday when it happened was from the radio while driving around doing errands. In that one, it was reported there was a fire with 4 boys involved but no cause was reported at the time. The next report a little while later was during a news break on TV where they reported that it was intentional. After that, the story went viral and all we heard was that it was intentional. All of the information reported came from Kayden's family and we'd heard nothing from the other families. On Thursday is when Kerrville PD and FD did their press conference stating it was more than likely an accident and not intentional. Yesterday I heard from the other families and the community reporting the other side of the story during that radio interview. Does this clear up the confusion? Sorry, I should have probably laid out the timeline better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events