Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2017, 11:13 AM

6,450 posts, read 9,810,701 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post

Having seen that and watched the extended video I am not convinced that what the driver of the automobile did was intentional. I believe the motorcyclist was in the automobile's blind spot, and when the driver saw the cycle (after the kick prompted him to look left) he was startled and steered where he was looking. From the description of the videographer, the cyclist also was in the automobile's blind spot on the right when the incident started, before what was captured on the video.

The cyclist clearly knew he was in the wrong. That's why he kept going and left the scene and has not come forward. His aggression set off the entire chain of events. I have to wonder if this was the first time he pulled the kick-the-car trick, too. It looked practiced. He may not be found if he keeps his mouth shut and does not brag about what he did and no one recognizes his cycle and turns him in. If I were he, I would get a lawyer and go to the police.

The problems started before the video was started recording. You don't know what happened prior to that. The car could have done something much worse, we don't know.

I don't think the biker had to stop after the wreck. his bike didn't touch the other car, he didn't cause the wreck. If he goes to a jury trial I would acquit. jmo

Old 06-27-2017, 11:24 AM

16,711 posts, read 19,407,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTLightning View Post
I don't think the biker had to stop after the wreck. his bike didn't touch the other car, he didn't cause the wreck.
He kicked the car, and you can clearly see a large dent in the driver's door as the car hits the divider.

The cyclist isn't coming forward because he knows he's in the wrong.

Old 06-27-2017, 11:25 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,048,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonimuso View Post
We have some idea now. I wish I could edit the original post, but I can't:

...Traber said he appeared to be saying something too, but Traber couldn’t hear him. He said he figured the biker was “saying something like, hey, you almost hit me! Watch out!”...

"This is what happens when you lose control": Man who videotaped car-kicking motorcyclist speaks out

have to LOL at that assumption

Old 06-27-2017, 11:27 AM

3,271 posts, read 2,188,510 times
Only an idiot tries to pick a fight with a car when he's on a bike. That's how you die.

Old 06-27-2017, 11:32 AM

4,795 posts, read 4,821,734 times
I live in LA in that area and drive that stretch of highway regularly. 90% of the motorcyclists are entitle jerks with a death wish. Since sharing lanes is legal a lot of them think they are entitled to do 60-100 mph in between lanes when everyone in cars is crawling along at 10 mph and then they get butt hurt when someone tries to change lanes and isn't expecting motorcycle to be speeding up on them. I am careful to look for motorcyclists but still almost every day on my commute I'll look over my shoulder and it's clear and I start to change lanes and some jerk comes speeding by almost clipping my side mirror. Motorists shouldn't try to intentionally run motorcycles off the road and definitely shouldn't do anything to cause an accident but the guy on the bike has no right to kick a car and he's the type that will end up as road kill eventually

Old 06-27-2017, 12:02 PM

37,110 posts, read 41,250,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTLightning View Post
The problems started before the video was started recording. You don't know what happened prior to that. The car could have done something much worse, we don't know.

I don't think the biker had to stop after the wreck. his bike didn't touch the other car, he didn't cause the wreck. If he goes to a jury trial I would acquit. jmo
We have the description of earlier events by the person who took the video. That is why he started recording what the cyclist was doing. Read up thread.

As convextech pointed out, the cyclist kicked the car hard enough to leave a dent. The person from CHP in the interview that I posted earlier said, "The right thing to do would be to stop."

A different motorcyclist punching cars. He got caught.

CHP: Motorcyclist arrested for kicking, punching cars on East Bay highways | KRON4.com

Here's why I think the biker in the OP had practice kicking cars:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpjZNUWNaww

Waco: Motorcyclist taken to hospital after road rage incident

Old 06-27-2017, 12:12 PM

2,573 posts, read 3,502,557 times
Motorcyclists - I see a very small fraction of them riding properly. Just a few days ago I saw one riding at about 50MPH on shoulder in stopped traffic at I270! Hate to say this but most of them are like they are trying to simply get killed. There was another one a few weeks back on I270 around exit 8 who tried to go from the left lane to local lanes i.e. crossed 5 lanes - got killed. Then there was yet another one about 2 weeks ago who changed lane at about 80MPH (while everyone else was going at 65MPH) to take exit 26 - hit BMW and got killed. Whenever I see them around I pay special attention to them and try to make sure they move away.

Old 06-27-2017, 12:15 PM

8,170 posts, read 6,922,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha_1976 View Post
Motorcyclists - I see a very small fraction of them riding properly. Just a few days ago I saw one riding at about 50MPH on shoulder in stopped traffic at I270! Hate to say this but most of them are like they are trying to simply get killed. There was another one a few weeks back on I270 around exit 8 who tried to go from the left lane to local lanes i.e. crossed 5 lanes - got killed. Then there was yet another one about 2 weeks ago who changed lane at about 80MPH (while everyone else was going at 65MPH) to take exit 26 - hit BMW and got killed. Whenever I see them around I pay special attention to them and try to make sure they move away.
Before I read the rest of your post or looked to see where you were from, I instantly thought: "Maryland".

Old 06-27-2017, 01:09 PM

417 posts, read 345,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorman View Post
Motorcyclists by and large are dbags and deserve anything that happens to them on the road. "Corking" freeway traffic so they can pop wheelies, intentionally altering their bikes to make them extremely loud, riding in packs while intimidating and threatening people in cars, kicking or hitting cars when they get their feelings hurt, etc.

It seems like the whole point of riding a motorcycle is to show the world what a giant prick you are.

Okay so when I ride home on my bike tonight and someone drunk hits me, I'll be sure to know I deserved it.
When the inattentive person who turned left in front of my husband while he was on his motorcycle, I'll let my husband know he deserved to be thrown 200ft because a lady didn't see him.

When the driver I saw turn into the a motorcyclists lane because they weren't paying attention, I'll let that guy know he deserved to be hit because he's a dbag.

What about the dbags that put on make up while driving, drive drunk, text and drive, eat and drive, and do inattentive things while on the road. Those are the real dbags not the motorcyclists who just want to come home and see their families, and do something they enjoy.

Old 06-27-2017, 01:19 PM

16,711 posts, read 19,407,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffaemily View Post
not the motorcyclists who just want to come home and see their families, and do something they enjoy.
There are certainly safer hobbies one could get into.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events