Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2017, 09:17 AM

3,754 posts, read 4,238,095 times

Advertisements

Good lord, none of you have apparently read what happened.

The driver of the car with the dash cam started recording when he thought things would escalate. His statement to the CHP was that the driver of the car nearly hit the motorcyclist and side swiped him first. After that, he flicked on the dash cam.

Then we see the biker go and kick at the car, followed by the car driver trying to kill him for it, overcorrecting, and causing the wreck.

Old 06-23-2017, 09:27 AM

16,711 posts, read 19,407,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katana49 View Post
Good lord, none of you have apparently read what happened.

The driver of the car with the dash cam started recording when he thought things would escalate. His statement to the CHP was that the driver of the car nearly hit the motorcyclist and side swiped him first. After that, he flicked on the dash cam.

Then we see the biker go and kick at the car, followed by the car driver trying to kill him for it, overcorrecting, and causing the wreck.
I can read just fine.

The driver of the car likely did not see the biker. The biker then decided to be a jackass and kicked the car. What he should have done is back off and go around the guy.

Two wrongs don't make a right.

Old 06-23-2017, 09:27 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,048,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
There's more videos of this story:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gm_Bnx2_X6Y

Jamie Yuccas is hot!

Old 06-23-2017, 09:28 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,597,926 times
Doesn't look like the driver was startled but was trying to hit the cyclist with his car. The cyclist shouldn't have kicked the person's car but imo, the driver was at fault for the reaction. Thankful the truck driver wasn't killed (or anybody else). I'm thining both the cyclist and the driver should be charged with paying a fine. The cyclist was also wrong for leaving the scene.

Old 06-23-2017, 10:03 AM

16,066 posts, read 21,138,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseManOnceSaid View Post
What's great here is that there's video. I agree that the driver looks like he tries to run over the bike, but the driver of the car can claim that he was just cruising along, and that suddenly there was a thump on his car, he panicked thinking he was getting in a wreck and over-corrected. I can certainly see a defense in there for the driver of the car.
I don't think that's a very good defense, and definitely not good driving. I find it curious that those videos don't say anything about the driver of the car, no identification or what possible charges may be pending? Only saying that IF the cyclist is found he may face a felony? What about the driver who actually lost control?

Old 06-23-2017, 10:06 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,529,606 times
My question is why does the person with the dash cam not have it recording all the time? Why did he have to press record when he anticipated something happening? For the most part this defeats the purpose of a dash cam if you have to press record.

Old 06-23-2017, 10:11 AM

15,794 posts, read 20,493,343 times
If I was the guy in the white truck, I'd sue both the motorcyclist and car driver for my injuries and damage to property.

Poor guy was just driving along minding his own damn business and almost killed.

Old 06-23-2017, 10:14 AM

3,049 posts, read 4,545,011 times
What you didn't see in the video, but a relative of mine did (in the gray car) was that the motorcyclist brandished a knife and threatened the car before the video started.

Old 06-23-2017, 10:37 AM

78,368 posts, read 60,566,039 times
The biker better hope he doesn't have any priors because when they catch up to him that's going to be a fairly long list of charges starting off with leaving the scene of an accident and ending about a page later.

Figure he's going to lose most of his assets and have a whole mess of other issues on top of that.

Glad nobody got killed.

Old 06-23-2017, 10:38 AM

18,058 posts, read 10,344,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kttam186290 View Post
What you didn't see in the video, but a relative of mine did (in the gray car) was that the motorcyclist brandished a knife and threatened the car before the video started.
That would certainly change the nature of the event for the motorcyclist. Such an action was not mentioned in any of the news reports. Not quite sure how one pulls that off riding a bike at speed.

The actual accident however is arguably the fault of the motorist in attempting to hit the motorcyclist. It appears reasonably clear the motorcyclist escaped damage by braking hard otherwise he would have been killed when the vehicle hit the center divider.

Did the motorcyclist leave the scene of an accident? Certainly arguable both ways. But if the car never touched him, as seems the case, he becomes a witness not a participant.

I would think he could be charged with assault or vandalism for the kick. That should clearly stick.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events