Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2017, 09:50 PM

2,366 posts, read 2,642,621 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Thank you, at least some people seem to get it.

The thief dropped, I repeat, DROPPED the woman's personal belongings (sorry for those arguing about identity theft and all, absolutely irrelevant here), yet she chose to continue to engage in some dirty harry fantasy tactics, didn't give up the foot chase but gets in vehicle and tries to mow the person down. Not only endangering herself and her baby, but others around her.
I see a purse flying in the air after the hit. 10 points.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2017, 11:22 PM

2,775 posts, read 3,765,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseManOnceSaid View Post
Good for her. I hope he gets some serious jail time for his crimes.
I hope he gets serious injuries for his crime. I'm so sick of the petty and not-so-petty crime in my area.

Old 07-06-2017, 06:48 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 15 days ago)

35,653 posts, read 18,015,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phyxius View Post
I see a purse flying in the air after the hit. 10 points.
I don't know what you're seeing. The cops say the purse was dropped before she gave chase on foot, and you can see the man running with nothing in his hands. There is a branch of a tree that is knocked off and flies through the air when he is hit - maybe that's what you're seeing?

Old 07-06-2017, 06:50 AM

1,519 posts, read 1,219,164 times
I am so proud of her... That low life worthless person should have his fingers cut off, he should be burnt with lit cigarettes and his balls should be chopped off as well. Good for her, way to keep composed enough in a fast moving situation to have good aim with the car. Too bad he didn't die....

If we were talking about a young juvenile committing the robbery with the majority of their life still ahead maybe it's a different story but this guy is way old enough to have had enough time to get his life in order.. I don't care if he was stealing the purse to feed his family, he's a loser, like I said too bad he didn't die...

Old 07-06-2017, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Good for her. She should not be prosecuted. The dude made his choice and there's a thing called consequence. Get used to it.
Exactly, simply the law of cause and effect here... She never would have ran over him with her car had he not tried to steal her purse..

Old 07-06-2017, 07:00 AM

10,196 posts, read 9,898,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPrzybylski07 View Post
I am so proud of her... That low life worthless person should have his fingers cut off, he should be burnt with lit cigarettes and his balls should be chopped off as well. Good for her, way to keep composed enough in a fast moving situation to have good aim with the car. Too bad he didn't die....

If we were talking about a young juvenile committing the robbery with the majority of their life still ahead maybe it's a different story but this guy is way old enough to have had enough time to get his life in order.. I don't care if he was stealing the purse to feed his family, he's a loser, like I said too bad he didn't die...
Yeah she clearly had time to check his ID to make sure he was an adult before mowing him down.

Old 07-06-2017, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
Yeah she clearly had time to check his ID to make sure he was an adult before mowing him down.
Yes as her defendant I am assuming she had the quick accurate judgment to respond accordingly and have complete faith she would have not responded in the same manner had it been a young kid doing the same thing.... I think her mother instincts would have kicked in a little more then her fight or flight response causing her to have a tad bit more empathy and settling to just call the cops instead, but since this guy clearly is an older looking scum bag she felt no mercy

Old 07-06-2017, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Yes as her defendant I am assuming she had the quick accurate judgment to respond accordingly and have complete faith she would have not responded in the same manner had it been a young kid doing the same thing.... I think her mother instincts would have kicked in a little more then her fight or flight response causing her to have a tad bit more empathy and settling to just call the cops instead, but since this guy clearly is an older looking scum bag she felt no mercy
Motherly instincts? She is a meth user with a criminal past who, while pregnant, tried to chase down a criminal and then got in her car and mowed him down with no regard for her safety, the safety of her fetus or the safety of the other people in the area. I would argue she has no motherly instincts.

Old 07-06-2017, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
Motherly instincts? She is a meth user with a criminal past who, while pregnant, tried to chase down a criminal and then got in her car and mowed him down with no regard for her safety, the safety of her fetus or the safety of the other people in the area. I would argue she has no motherly instincts.
Okay, you got me there I guess when you put things into that context.....

People are using her past to scold her for her retaliation so this brings up a good question, had she been a white Christian women who wasn't a meth head would she have more leeway then to retaliate? The fact the people are brining her past into this means there is apparently a grey area.

If a sweet old grandma did this I don't think one person would object... There is obviously a bias at play here....

Old 07-06-2017, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Okay, you got me there I guess when you put things into that context.....

People are using her past to scold her for her retaliation so this brings up a good question, had she been a white Christian women who wasn't a meth head would she have more leeway then to retaliate? The fact the people are brining her past into this means there is apparently a grey area.

If a sweet old grandma did this I don't think one person would object... There is obviously a bias at play here....
I would object to anyone reacting that way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events